Heineken Cup Replaced

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Re: Heineken Cup Replaced

Post by bootlaced »

BR wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Well Snipe I see our missionary work is at an end on tigers forum, the moderator having for no good reason closed the thread. I can only surmise it is to save too many like YBH making fools of themselves.

Remind me to writet to YBH when the Irish population reaches 30 million to apologise.
YBH is a feckin c*ck of the darkest, fetid water.. called us a"Franchise" he did... regardless of the fact we were founded a year before Tigers... pr*ck. Think he'd make himself known at Welford next weekend? >EW >threaten
Haven't been visiting over there in a while, but it sounds like YBH is doing a good job of winding you guys up.

235 pages on this forum , yup there is a bit of winding up going on, >appl
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
davejohnston
Initiate

Post by davejohnston »

ParcoPorta wrote:Not sure if this is news or not....... http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/heineken- ... 96671-irb/
Tournament governance remains the big sticking point however, with PRL and the French clubs now keen to see the RBS 6 Nations organisers assume control of the top European competition.
There shouldn't be any issue then. While I have no problem with ERC, I am not bothered if the six nations group took over running the competition so long as it isn't run by the clubs.
The TV deal does bother me. Prior to sky investing in the Rabo I wouldn't care, but as Sky will broadcast the Rabo I won't be paying for a different subscription for Europe. I'd imagine the PRL also don't want to make their supporters choose.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

davejohnston wrote:
ParcoPorta wrote:Not sure if this is news or not....... http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/heineken- ... 96671-irb/
Tournament governance remains the big sticking point however, with PRL and the French clubs now keen to see the RBS 6 Nations organisers assume control of the top European competition.
There shouldn't be any issue then. While I have no problem with ERC, I am not bothered if the six nations group took over running the competition so long as it isn't run by the clubs.
The TV deal does bother me. Prior to sky investing in the Rabo I wouldn't care, but as Sky will broadcast the Rabo I won't be paying for a different subscription for Europe. I'd imagine the PRL also don't want to make their supporters choose.
The thing is if you like rugby and you are living in say Ulster,there is a very good chance that if you want to see Ulster play in a League, a European Cup,and then watch Ulster players playing in the 6 Nations,a Summer tour and the Autumn Internationals you could end up subscribing to quite a few broadcasters. :banghead:
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

We should go like NZ and have a Rugby channel.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Pretty sure all Ulster and Ireland games will be on Sky very soon. feck BT

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Well Snipe I see our missionary work is at an end on tigers forum, the moderator having for no good reason closed the thread. I can only surmise it is to save too many like YBH making fools of themselves.

Remind me to writet to YBH when the Irish population reaches 30 million to apologise.
YBH is a feckin c*ck of the darkest, fetid water.. called us a"Franchise" he did... regardless of the fact we were founded a year before Tigers... pr*ck. Think he'd make himself known at Welford next weekend? >EW >threaten
YBH is an utter cookie eater. For badness, I wrote a fawning tribute to the moderators there and took the opportunity to call him an utter Brennan.

He is the clown who sees Leicester as a poor wee club trying their best against a massive province like Ulster, the clown who chastises the bogtrotters for not having the procreational urge or sexual enthusiasm to establish a 30,000,000 population that would apparently throw update a Tigers type of club in every parish.

A mooseknuckle of the first water but CIMAN I suspect he is more to be pitied than given a sound thrashing, well, either that or a lethal injection. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote:

Haven't been visiting over there in a while, but it sounds like YBH is doing a good job of winding you guys up.
You give him too much credit BR, he is just a dyed in the wool chube who is prone to flights of fancy that nobody but himself sees the slightest merit in. He is currently embroiled in conflict with the moderators, questioning their honour amongst other things and advising them to resign. Anyone behaving as he is here would have been silenced by the drunken priest or the cool fifties icon by now, the dreaded judge might well have executed him by now.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Indeed. His views are so extreme, he is like the Nick Griffin of rugby fora.
Best not to engage and let him burn himself out. Even the rest of the tiggers find him tedious.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote:

YBH is an utter cookie eater. For badness, I wrote a fawning tribute to the moderators there and took the opportunity to call him an utter Crozier.

He is the clown who sees Leicester as a poor wee club trying their best against a massive province like Ulster, the clown who chastises the bogtrotters for not having the procreational urge or sexual enthusiasm to establish a 30,000,000 population that would apparently throw update a Tigers type of club in every parish.

A mooseknuckle of the first water but CIMAN I suspect he is more to be pitied than given a sound thrashing, well, either that or a lethal injection. :D
You have to admit, YBH is good for a laugh all the same. His chain is so easy to tug. Even Bill W finds him an embarrassment to their board. I enjoyed your tribute to the Mods. I believe that every man jack of them considered you to be completely in earnest.
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Are you declaring that Baggy is gay?
:o
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:Indeed. His views are so extreme, he is like the Nick Griffin of rugby fora.
Best not to engage and let him burn himself out. Even the rest of the tiggers find him tedious.
And we've never had someone like that here? :roll:
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

BR wrote:
LegsLikeSausages wrote:Indeed. His views are so extreme, he is like the Nick Griffin of rugby fora.
And we've never had someone like that here? :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

We've got an entire wing of them in the mentalist asylum that is the UAFC :thumleft:
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Aye. True enough!
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

If TB is in earnest who's smiling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

rumncoke wrote:If TB is in earnest who's smiling?
Depends on what you mean by TB.....
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right