URSC 6 Nations Meet the Players Night

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: URSC 6 Nations Meet the Players Night

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:Had to re-read that.

Thought for a minute, you were raffling an Ireland tackle bag signed by Darren Cave.

Some good gear there though.

i have yet to win anything in a raffle, I suspect the England shirt signed by Tigers is a cert to come to me. Question is do I ask if anyone has a match or offer it to Tigerburnie in exchange for a contribution to Grumps charity?

There is no way I could give it space in my house, if would be like summoning Satan - God's imaginary enemy. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Kofi Annan wrote:Who is on the panel
#

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it
I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it
And I know, I know, I know, I know
>yahoo >yahoo >yahoo >yahoo >yahoo
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Wow Kofi is on the panel, should be worth the price of admission. :cheers:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
URSC Secretary
Initiate

Post by URSC Secretary »

Felt I had to move in quickly to quash rumours of Kofi being on the panel. The panel is in fact:

Stevie Ferris
Ruan Pienaar
Michael Allen
Rob Herring
Callum Black

So folks, come along and ask Stevie about his not so gammy ankle, Ruan about his magic right foot, Michael about his hair, Rob about his left hand and Callum about his back.....

7.30pm next Tuesday at Ravenhill

Hell, you might even win an Ingerland shirt.....
Visit our web site:

http://www.ursc.co
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Thought for a minute, you were raffling an Ireland tackle bag signed by Darren Cave.

i have yet to win anything in a raffle, I suspect the England shirt signed by Tigers is a cert to come to me. Question is do I ask if anyone has a match or offer it to Tigerburnie in exchange for a contribution to Grumps charity?

There is no way I could give it space in my house, if would be like summoning Satan - God's imaginary enemy. :roll:
Got me thinking while I was out with the dog. Are there any uses for an Engerland shirt (signed or otherwise)?

Came up with a couple. I'm sure others can do better.

1. A rag for cleaning the jalopy - not the paintwork you understand, but perhaps under the wheel arches if you've just driven through a ploughed field.

2. Emergency bedding for a doubly incontinent pet.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Bound to be one of the 2 Sorries fans without a shirt. Luton isn't the wealthiest area

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Got me thinking while I was out with the dog. Are there any uses for an Engerland shirt (signed or otherwise)?

Came up with a couple. I'm sure others can do better.

1. A rag for cleaning the jalopy - not the paintwork you understand, but perhaps under the wheel arches if you've just driven through a ploughed field.

2. Emergency bedding for a doubly incontinent pet.
Actually Merv I have 4 dogs, 3 of whom sleep in cages side by side in the garage with a big old bedspread covering them for heat, they often pull bedding from one cage to another so they get torn regularly & I have to get "new " stuff -England shirt sounds just the job.

Good idea, if somewhat disrespectful to our good friends from Tigertown. :thumleft:

Didn't see you after the game, assume you went of curry-hunting? Curried Tiger, a dish best served warm & consumed when full of stout. :lol: :lol: :lol:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Was about for a while after the game. Had one in the bar in the H&B afterwards then wandered onto the pitch - great being able to do that :thumleft: . Met Rory and Geordan Murphy there too. Had another one in the Final Whistle before calling it a day - had to drive to Stansted on Sun morn. :thumbdown:

Got a wee package the day containing 2 Tigers flegs courtesy of a lovely lady whose son took ours home.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:Got a wee package the day containing 2 Tigers flegs courtesy of a lovely lady whose son took ours home.
I came home with a wee tiggers fleg that I had exchanged for an Ulster one straight after the match .... the young lady I swapped with told me to watch out for the Ulster fleg being waved at their QF in France, :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Got a wee package the day containing 2 Tigers flegs courtesy of a lovely lady whose son took ours home.
I came home with a wee tiggers fleg that I had exchanged for an Ulster one straight after the match .... the young lady I swapped with told me to watch out for the Ulster fleg being waved at their QF in France, :thumleft:
One of the ones I got was a souvenir fleg from the 2011 AP Final - not the best of omens as Sarries bate Tigers in that one. Good job I'm not superstitious. >ECNF
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:Good job I'm not superstitious. >ECNF
Neither am I

Never have been, never will be ................... touch wood.
I'm not arguing -
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

We didn't give away 2 of our 4 Ulster flegs in Leicester. They were either stolen as we celebrated post match or we just lost them. :(

I'd like to blame Trevor Brennan but currently have no proof that he was there.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:We didn't give away 2 of our 4 Ulster flegs in Leicester. They were either stolen as we celebrated post match or we just lost them. :(

A successful trip Mike?

Coming back with 2 flegs is 2 more than you usually do! :lol:

FWIW, I think I saw Trev selling a couple of yella Ulster flegs in the wee loyalist shap on the Newtownards Road the other day - I think they may have a wee scam goin' on .....
I'm not arguing -
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:We didn't give away 2 of our 4 Ulster flegs in Leicester. They were either stolen as we celebrated post match or we just lost them. :(

You probably fell through a hedge again and lost them :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

All of this thread simply confirms that Tigers fans by and large were first class and that there is nothing that you would put past Brennan..... or HWM for that matter.

Mind you quite what it has to do with 6Ns I am uncertain.