Spreading the Brand no 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Re: Spreading the Brand no 3

Post by bootlaced »

fermain wrote:Travelling an hour to get to a game at Ravenhill is not bad going, and really shouldn't put that many people off, there are plenty who do already and as has been pointed out for other sports many travel further.
It takes me an hour to travel to my local prem division footie club, and I only live 12 miles from their ground! It's all relative.

Sorry I seem to have missed the news that all Ulster fans are an hour from Ravenhill,Wendyball has no interest for me.More to be pitied than scorned imho.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

bootlaced wrote:
fermain wrote:Travelling an hour to get to a game at Ravenhill is not bad going, and really shouldn't put that many people off, there are plenty who do already and as has been pointed out for other sports many travel further.
It takes me an hour to travel to my local prem division footie club, and I only live 12 miles from their ground! It's all relative.

Sorry I seem to have missed the news that all Ulster fans are an hour from Ravenhill,Wendyball has no interest for me.More to be pitied than scorned imho.
Yes it is. But the point being made by many is that people are people and people travel to watch sport

sent from my crozier
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

bootlaced wrote:

pedantic
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Rooster wrote:They do the summer camps for kids round the province and players turn up at those, players will also go to clubs, many attend matches in their home town clubs when they are off etc. What more do you suggest they do ?
They had a training session in Donegal last summer as well now I just remembered

I could possibly suggest more[the more information I get the easier it is to come up with solutions], but if you can kindly inform me of the areas, clubs,schools and dates of where Ulster have been for the last 2-3 seasons for example I may be able to help.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

fermain wrote:
bootlaced wrote:

pedantic

what me or the post,surely you are not calling the poster pedantic as I would imagine that such would infringe the forum rules,comment on the message not the messager.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

the message is pedantic actually. You're being a pedant. There's a difference, or do you feel that is a form of personal abuse?
Last edited by fermain on Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: just felt like it
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

bootlaced wrote:Nope captain you are totally missing the point,you can not compare soccer with rugby unless you are a Wray or a supporter of the rugby owning club owners,why not go down the television money route and ignore the supporters,seems to me that all I am doing is trying to spread Ulster Rugby around the province nothing really wrong with that is there??
Just because I disagree with you does not mean I am missing your point - it means just that - I disagree with it. There is much to compare in all sports - whether you care about the other sports is immaterial - they all have supporters and supporters' issues. The answers won't be the same in every sport, or even from team to team, club to club, or province to province, but we can still learn lessons from each other.

I am a rugby supporter and couldn't really give a feck about soccer across the shuck but I do care about Ulster missing a trick and getting out and about across the province,this word province seems if I take your approach to gall you somewhat,well that is your problem not mine.I don't have a problem with it, nor do I think we have as big a a problem as you seem to think we have. If you can't accept that, that's YOUR problem!

Humbly Really? I started this thread to see what input other people could have in spreading the brand as I do not have an ego and I am always willing to listen to other peoples ideas and suggestions. Yeah. Right. :roll:

You it would appear have a contrary opinion in relation to this Finally you are getting it! :cheers:

and it would seem that it is your good self who wants to dictate things and apparently is never wrong your opinion old chap is simply that where you want to dictate Where did I say that - you asked for opinions - I gave mine. Agree or disagree, but I'm not dictating to anyone.

I only want to explore. Really? You are the one who seems to think that no one should have a contrary opinion to yours. I actually don't care if you disagree with me, you are entitled to do so - but if you say I am dictating to you or others that is not a matter of opinion, it is simply wrong.

In relation to the NHS I am very passionate about the great institution,I do not believe in profit before the patient,of course you can call me old fashioned but hey that is just me. Put the money into the service and not the pockets of capitalists bankers and hedgefunds. As one who has spent my adult life working in the medical world (and not in private medicine, I hasten to add), I am equally passionate about it - I again just disagree with a lot of what you say.

Of course you could always post on those threads re the NHS What's the point? You don't even try to see other peoples' opinions and won't accept contrary opinions on those either.

but if not I can only suggest that you keep quiet and stop little petty digs in relation to healthcare. Now who's dictating?
But hey, boot - I will continue to express my opinion when I want, just as you are entitled to do. Just don't expect me to stay quiet just because I disagree with you. I may keep stum or I may not - If I do it's most likely because I can't be bothered to debate with you because it's a waste of my time talking to someone who has a closed mind.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

bootlaced wrote:
Rooster wrote:They do the summer camps for kids round the province and players turn up at those, players will also go to clubs, many attend matches in their home town clubs when they are off etc. What more do you suggest they do ?
They had a training session in Donegal last summer as well now I just remembered

I could possibly suggest more[the more information I get the easier it is to come up with solutions], but if you can kindly inform me of the areas, clubs,schools and dates of where Ulster have been for the last 2-3 seasons for example I may be able to help.
What is your definition of Ulster ? The entire side ?
Or a few players ?
Coaches and RDO's that work in schools ?
Individual players visiting clubs ?

Wise up if you think I know all the times places and dates or if I did would even start to list them all but put it like this there were some out today and there will be some out tomorrow.

Better idea for you is if you know a school that may be interested or a club that wants a player or coach get them to contact UR and I'm pretty sure they will get a response.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

I am Ulster
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

fermain wrote:I am Ulster
NO ..... I'm Ulster! :D
I'm not arguing -
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I'm Ulster til I die

sent from my crozier
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I'm Ulster :fleg:
Up The Province :fleg:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:I'm Ulster :fleg:
Up The Province :fleg:
I told you ... I'm Ulster

Up yours! :fleg:
I'm not arguing -
OnTheWestCarbuncle
Novice

Post by OnTheWestCarbuncle »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
I am Ulster.

And I can't believe LastKnight missed the reference or if he got the reference got the quote just very slightly wrong. I expect more from a man of that level of intellect!
SUFTU
Cables
Ulster Rugby statistician and corrector of journalists / programme editors / CEOs (Moondance2012)
OnTheWestCarbuncle
Novice

Post by OnTheWestCarbuncle »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
OnTheWestCarbuncle wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
I am Ulster.

And I can't believe LastKnight missed the reference or if he got the reference got the quote just very slightly wrong. I expect more from a man of that level of intellect!
Steady now! :lol:

I got the reference. But always like to think that the language can be improved. :lol:

Level of intellect indeed! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're no dozer sunshine. In portadown terms you are magnus magnusson.
SUFTU
Cables
Ulster Rugby statistician and corrector of journalists / programme editors / CEOs (Moondance2012)