Stadium Redevelopment Photos 2012-2014

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

brianc
Warrior Assassin

Re: Stadium Redevelopment Photos 2012-2014

Post by brianc »

jack of none wrote:What's this guy expecting, a crowd of folk gathering in the new stand with binoculars in the hope of catching him in his tighty whiteys!? If they have to remove these I think it would be a shame, because it looks great.
Folks, as most of you will know I am only an occasional visitor as I often find it difficult to exercise restraint, but any suggestion that dear old Mr Quinn's tighty whiteys should be removed is just a step too far for me ........................ :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

IMAG0179.jpg
IMAG0179.jpg (64.59 KiB) Viewed 1661 times
For those worrying about Stevie only running on the zero gravity machine, he also had a sweat up running on the normal treadmill......
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Even when Stevie is back playing, the state of his knees are such that the alter g treadmill will always be a feature of his schedule
silliwilli
Novice

Post by silliwilli »

Has Ferris not said time and again that his knees are 100% and it's only the ankle that is giving him gip? The picture showing him doing back squats would suggest as much...
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

silliwilli wrote:Has Ferris not said time and again that his knees are 100% and it's only the ankle that is giving him gip? The picture showing him doing back squats would suggest as much...
If you consider having no cartilage in one of them 100%
DavyG
Steward

Post by DavyG »

Ravenhill Stadium to be officially opened on 2nd May :cheers: :cheers:

Ulster Rugby today announced that Ravenhill Stadium will be officially opened on 2nd May ahead of the RaboDirect PRO12 game against Leinster.

A one hour, pre-match event will see a celebration of rugby in Ulster, with representatives from schools, clubs, referees, the women’s game and disability rugby all represented. The event will culminate in the cutting of a ribbon and the stadium being declared formally open.

The very first game played at Ravenhill was Ulster v Leinster on 12th January 1924.

Three new stands, funded by an investment by DCAL of almost £16 million, have been built at the ground as part of the redevelopment. Capacity has increased from 11,000 to 18,000 and the ground is now capable of hosting a Heineken Cup quarter-final and a RaboDirect PRO12 final.

The stadium will host the Heineken Cup quarter-final between Ulster and Saracens on 5th April. Following that game further fit-out work will be carried out on the grandstand ahead of the official May opening.

Work on the new Nevin Spence Centre, an education and heritage centre, based in the new Memorial End Stand, a new community 3G pitch facility and other improvements will start in the summer.

Commenting on the opening, Ulster Rugby Chief Executive, Shane Logan, said:

“The new Ravenhill Stadium is a world class stadium and a state of the art home for all of rugby in Ulster.

“We have some exciting plans for the opening and I have no doubt that it will truly be a once in a lifetime event for any Ulster Rugby fan.”

2013/14 season tickets apply for this game. Supporters who buy a season ticket for next season will have priority booking for a match ticket.

:fleg: :fleg:
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Is the stadium currently "Officially Closed"? One is confused. Maybe its and open & shut case?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Will there be different bars for members in the Grandstand? Is there a members bar like the scoop?
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Whats this 3g pitch craic? Is that going behind the Aquinas stand at the school? Indoor? Hardly.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

HammerTime wrote:Whats this 3g pitch craic? Is that going behind the Aquinas stand at the school? Indoor? Hardly.
Let me guess , building an outdoor 3G pitch to rear of Aquinas Stand in the grounds of the school, now that may be a wild guess :roll:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Is it so we can practice for not playing against Cardiff?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Kofi Annan wrote:
HammerTime wrote:Whats this 3g pitch craic? Is that going behind the Aquinas stand at the school? Indoor? Hardly.
Let me guess , building an outdoor 3G pitch to rear of Aquinas Stand in the grounds of the school, now that may be a wild guess :roll:
:shock: :duh: :duh: :duh:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Or it may be what was announced a couple of years back.............
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

Pretty sure the school already has a 3g pitch

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

mea97mb wrote:Pretty sure the school already has a 3g pitch

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
It does, but a larger one ( not full pitch size) is being built directly behind stand :thumleft:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”