Gerald Michael Anderson RIP

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: Gerald Michael Anderson RIP

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I should add that daytime R Ulster barring the news is dead to me.
Yep. Wendy, alas, is no David Dunseith. Hugo, alas, is Hugo.
Have to stick up for Hugo. Not my cup of tea but nobody works an audience better than your Uncle Hugo D. A real pro. Although they were very different, I guess Gerry and Hugo respected each other.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

solidarity wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I should add that daytime R Ulster barring the news is dead to me.
Yep. Wendy, alas, is no David Dunseith. Hugo, alas, is Hugo.
Have to stick up for Hugo. Not my cup of tea but nobody works an audience better than your Uncle Hugo D. A real pro. Although they were very different, I guess Gerry and Hugo respected each other.
You're pushing your luck with that mention of the person who must never be mentioned but out of respect for the stroke city man you may just get away with that little indiscretion
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I liked Gerry's style of irreverent humour. He treated all people as his equal, and quite right he was too.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Albert Reynolds picked a bad day to die. Well overshadowed by the man from Stroke City.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall