Yella fever

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Yella fever

Post by big mervyn »

Thought the plethora of cards for Munster was one of the more entertaining aspect of last night's game.

It did pose a few questions for me.

What's the record for cards issued in a pro game?
What's the record for most players in the bin?
Has a pro team ever had 3 or more off the pitch at the same time?
What's the minimum number of players to allow the game to continue at this level?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
namron
Warrior Chief

Re: Yella fever

Post by namron »

Two yells for Glasgae and with 13 men on the field Treviso still couldn't score :duh:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Anyone just see how Clanger Clancy just dealt with a mid air collision between the 2 fullbacks in the Scarlets & Dragons game?!

Absofeckinlutely incredible!!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

namron wrote:Two yells for Glasgae and with 13 men on the field Treviso still couldn't score :duh:
If both Van Der Merwe's start next week Gusher could be in trouble :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Wee Woman wrote:Anyone just see how Clanger Clancy just dealt with a mid air collision between the 2 fullbacks in the Scarlets & Dragons game?!

Card them both ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Rooster wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:Anyone just see how Clanger Clancy just dealt with a mid air collision between the 2 fullbacks in the Scarlets & Dragons game?!

Card them both ?
No, not even a penalty! He whistled up for half time after reviewing the footage and taking NO action.

It was the closest thing to Jared incident I've seen. The TMO involved ( didn't catch who it was) apparently recommended a red for a similar incident last week.

Incredible.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Wee Woman wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Card them both ?
No, not even a penalty! He whistled up for half time after reviewing the footage and taking NO action.

It was the closest thing to Jared incident I've seen. The TMO involved ( didn't catch who it was) apparently recommended a red for a similar incident last week.

Incredible.
If it was as you describe and both players were off the ground, he made the right decision. A "mid air collision between the 2 fullbacks" is a playing incident. The problems only come when one player is on the ground.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Similar incident in Mexican game yesterday, a softening of the decisions maybe?

Are you unhappy that a player was not red carded? Or just an observation :duck:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Card them both ?

Incredible.
If it was as you describe and both players were off the ground, he made the right decision. A "mid air collision between the 2 fullbacks" is a playing incident. The problems only come when one player is on the ground.
Ok maybe I could have described that better, scumbag Williams went up to take a high ball, the Dragons fullback also contested it but left the ground later than Williams. They collided with each other in the air and Williams landed on his shoulder. In fact they both landed heavily.

Commentators immediately started saying that the Dragons fullback had his eye on the ball the whole time (sound familiar?), which I don't disagree with but it was clear that he could see that Williams was already going for the ball.

Clancy took it to the TMO of and it was played back a fair bit before he blew the half up. Was pretty convinced it was going to be a yellow for the Dragons fullback, so were the commentators.

You still can't help but feel that what happened to us in April was incredibly unjust, especially when you see how these incidents are being refereed now.

And of course I don't want to see any player red carded Kofi, I'd just like to see consistency in how the referee's deal with these situations :p
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Without having seen the incident, rather strangely I say, fair play to Clancy. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Gotta be something wrong with this post. :duh: Last week I was singing his praises as a better ref than D Funky Gibbon.

Nurse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Clancy has just bloomed into a referee of great discernment even wisdom.

That is a shocker for Sunday evening.........
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

In the mexico incident the wonderfully amazing Zebo took out the man in mid air. But he just about landed feet first and noone milked it with resus equipment. Outcome. Penalty. Not even a yella.

Only way to stop this nonsense is to outlaw jumping lol
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Deraless wrote:In the mexico incident the wonderfully amazing Zebo took out the man in mid air. But he just about landed feet first and noone milked it with resus equipment. Outcome. Penalty. Not even a yella.

Only way to stop this nonsense is to outlaw jumping lol
Alex Goode did his casual jump into a Buff player on Friday and fell over

Luckily the referee told him that there was nothing in it and to play on

Later Goode missed a high ball.
Jumping is fine
The way Goode jumps is asking for trouble