Ulster v Toulon Allstars

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

brick
Novice

Re: Ulster v Toulon Allstars

Post by brick »

Deraless wrote:Payne has got no gas from standing still. It takes him 5-10 yards to get to top speed. cf Olding who just steps and he's there. He only goes past people when he comes into the line full pelt.
Have to agree with this - Payne seems very slow off the mark which is not great for 13.... Has anyone thought to try him at 15... :duck:
Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Jeeeeeez you might be onto something there ... That's what we need more free thinking outside the box mavericks like Brick here ....
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Baa logged on very much with hope rather than expectation to see the score. No surprise. Toulon are pretty much a rugby dream. Hugely powerful experienced and with a massive squad. With so many injuries in the modern game they have such an advantage over other sides in that they have two players for each position. Not only does I mean they can swap one world class player with another but they can rotate players and reduce injuries in the first place.

At full strength we would have been competitive but still second favorites. Trying to replace court ago a muller was bad enough but losing ferris was one too many. Even to have a bit of quality for a few big matches a season would make the difference.

After a few great years in Europe this is going to be a tough season.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Bangors
Novice

Post by Bangors »

Yes - we were beaten by abetter team
But - considering the money that Toulon have spent on a team of World Cup winning superstars
I found them very disappointing - in the end and for the second week in a row an interception try gifted to them was the main difference on the final scoreboard
As for the standard of the ref. !!!!!I I thought that a yellow card in the 80th min was a bit silly - having failed to show one despite the fact that every time we had a little bit of go forward they conceded a penalty never mind the head high tackle by SA ( for which he has form)

MONEY TALKS
But at least WE and the majority of our players are ULSTERMEN
Carr07
Novice

Post by Carr07 »

Bangors wrote: MONEY TALKS
This! :fleg:
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Carr07 wrote:
Bangors wrote: MONEY TALKS
This! :fleg:
And most of the rest are South African Ulstermen
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cornerfleg wrote:I spotted 1.... Sadly Clermont they weren't, they were awesome fans...
Few in numbers but the ones I met seemed like right sorts.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Koonak
Novice

Post by Koonak »

big mervyn wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:I spotted 1.... Sadly Clermont they weren't, they were awesome fans...
Right sorts? Is that good or bad haha? There were quite a few travelling fans. I mean if you missed their Bulls banner you like Barnes need spec savers. That said my youngest son is an avid Toulon fan and we have travelled to watch them in the last 2 Hcup finals and in top 14 matches. I'm french but been living in ireland for years. Brought him up to Ravenhill today with one of his pals and some prat of an middle aged UR supporter thought it would be fun to take his Toulon cap off him and eventually throw it on to the pitch. I'm quite sure my teenage son went OTT celebrating the try - but there was no call for that. Embarrassed so he was but thanks to young Heaney warming up gave it back to him. he said he didn't cheer once or shout after that because of this man. I didn't meet up with them again until the match was over as I was with the travelling fans in another terrace but if I'd been there ...... Anyway certainly not Toulon at their best today. I thought the Ulster team defended well and the support in Belfast as always is great (well except for one Pr*#k) >you_rock
Last edited by Koonak on Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Toulon fans are amazing

Spent a great weekend with them in Cardiff
Bopeep
Novice

Post by Bopeep »

Sorry your son came up against some of the Ulster fan stars that seem to think they can do whatever they like should be totally embarrassed taking a child's hat off and throwing it onto the pitch But unfortunately there are Ulster fans which take it a it too far in fact they are not fans just stars .
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Ulster v Toulon Allstars

Post by Joe Schmo »

Koonak wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Right sorts? Is that good or bad haha? There were quite a few travelling fans. I mean if you missed their Bulls banner you like Barnes need spec savers. That said my youngest son is an avid Toulon fan and we have travelled to watch them in the last 2 Hcup finals and in top 14 matches. I'm french but been living in ireland for years. Brought him up to Ravenhill today with one of his pals and some Ashton of an middle aged UR supporter thought it would be fun to take his Toulon cap off him and throw it on to the pitch after Toulon scored. I'm quite sure my son went OTT celebrating the try - but there was no call for that. Embarrassed so he was but thanks to young Heaney warming up gave it back to him. he said he didn't cheer once after that because of this man. >you_rock I didn't meet them until the match was over as I was with the travelling fans in another terrace but if I'd been there ...... Anyway certainly not Toulon at their best today. I thought the Ulster team defended well and the support in Belfast as always is great (well except for one Ashton!) >you_rock
theres always an Ashton in every crowd, your son had the misfortune of sitting too close one. Sorry your son had that experience, not nice. Surprised no one slapped the Ashton.
Bopeep
Novice

Post by Bopeep »

Not stars the moderator changed it they are sc*m
Bopeep
Novice

Post by Bopeep »

It's all well and good to come onto this board and slag off other posters but to attack a child at a match shame shame shame if you where in this area when it happened please name and shame the culprit advise Ulster a rugby and get this individual banned.
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

[quote="Bopeep"]It's all well and good to come onto this board and slag off other posters but to attack a child at a match shame shame shame if you where in this area when it happened please name and shame the culprit advise Ulster a rugby and get this individual banned.[/quote

And while we are at it we can burn their house down, seize all their assets and lock up their family in Maghaberry/Hydebank/Dr Barnardo's.

Are you one of the faithful who spends a lot of time on Facebook URSC?

:stir: >you_rock :stir:
Bopeep
Novice

Post by Bopeep »

Would you like your son to endure the sc*m of Ulster supporters, in fact supporters should not be used. If it was a son of an Ulster supporter abused by a fan of another team we would be baying for blood. Let's be clear the individual responsible should be named and shamed.