Remembrance

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: Remembrance

Post by Kofi Annan »

image.jpg
image.jpg (58.7 KiB) Viewed 2489 times
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

image.jpg
image.jpg (65.5 KiB) Viewed 2485 times
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Maybe it's just people with racist bigoted agendas that object to the wearing of a symbol of support to those that , suffered or are still suffering both mentally or physically .
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Sadly the poppy has been hijacked by political elements. Ulster Rugby should not be viewed in anyway politically. Therefore, no poppy.
Yeah Jackie let's ban those White Ulster flags
Nobody mentioned banning anything. I saw plenty of poppies on the terrace and I'm sure plenty of the players and staff are wearing them off the pitch.

The white flags ( I'm assuming you mean the old NI ones) are as rare as hen's teeth these days but I'm unaware of any directives from above on the matter.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

When big mervyn gave his reason for not wearing a poppy he very selectively mentioned
"In Ireland maybe tha Black and Tans, Bloody Sunday and Ballymurphy may cloud the views of some." I think that this says an awful lot about big mervyn himself.

I suppose that others could have said that: Bloody Friday, Kingsmill's massacre, La Mon massacre, Darkley massacre, etc. etc. are some events that might cloud their views.

There are many thousands of Catholics from The Republic of Ireland in the British Armed Forces. They wear their poppy with pride.

I would hope that the reason for not wearing a poppy on the shirts yesterday was not because of a fear of offending a small minority.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Sometimes the masks slips and the true person is revealed .
Judge Dredd
Site Moderator

Post by Judge Dredd »

Since it can't be talked about or discussed in a civilised fashion it won't be talked about at all. Citizens should be aware that personal abuse will not be tolerated. Your post has been deleted Dave. Consider yourself warned.
"To protect and serve"