Payne

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Payne

Post by Cornerfleg »

Simon needs a really good look at himself ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cornerfleg wrote:Simon needs a really good look at himself ...
They invented giant screens at rugby games so steve walsh coukd admire his gubber
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Was repeat offending not part of Nige's rational, rather than looking at the incident in isolation as the TMO has to do?
If it was, he never said it to my knowledge

Nige, can you look at this
Tmo, player kicked out
Nige, so penalty and yellow
Tmo, penalty
Nige, and yellow
Tmo, that is not my recommendation
Thought he had but could be wrong. Was listening on tha car radio and it was hard to hear.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Was repeat offending not part of Nige's rational, rather than looking at the incident in isolation as the TMO has to do?

Tmo, player kicked out
Tmo, penalty
Nige, and yellow
Thought he had but could be wrong. Was listening on tha car radio and it was hard to hear.
Funny thing is, the Ireland game started and Sky announced that there was now an IRB directive to not hear the TMO

Clearly the IRB did not like the carnage at twickers and turned it off
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Snipe

Before writing an repeating urban myths read the disciplinary hearing .

Then answer the following questions

1 why did nobody at the hearing ask the referee why he changed the charge against Payne
Why was it accepted that being hit on the head by a player in the air and falling backwards from the contact accepted as pushing ?

How can a failure to foresee the actions of another player be considered an offence ?

Is a player guilty of an offence if he fails to duck out of a high tackle or guilty of an offence because a player ducks into a tackle to make it appear high ?

Understand one thing Snipe the hearing was a pre agreed out come to support a bad decision when a player had not committed an offence .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

rumncoke wrote:Snipe

Before writing an repeating urban myths read the disciplinary hearing .

Then answer the following questions

1 why did nobody at the hearing ask the referee why he changed the charge against Payne
Why was it accepted that being hit on the head by a player in the air and falling backwards from the contact accepted as pushing ?

How can a failure to foresee the actions of another player be considered an offence ?

Is a player guilty of an offence if he fails to duck out of a high tackle or guilty of an offence because a player ducks into a tackle to make it appear high ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What the blazes are you talking about Rum'n :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: ? who brought up Payne's red card?
That aside your post is industrial grade crapola......."Understand one thing Snipe the hearing was a pre agreed out come to support a bad decision when a player had not committed an offence" You have evidence for this? No didn't think so.
Last edited by Snipe Watson on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rum are you saying it is ok to ram your head against a player in the air because it can't be considered a push?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Whilst Rums post does seem to have come out of nowhere, I do find it annoying that disciplinary hearings never seem to conclude that the referee got it wrong. It seems (and there may be rare exceptions that I am unaware of) that if a referee gives a red card unfairly (and everyone makes mistakes) the disciplinary hearing will still find them guilty, but use a lower sentencing combined with other factors to reduce the ban. Whilst not making up for the original wrong decision, a better outcome would be to have a ruling where the card itself is considered sufficient punishment, and no further action taken.

Current situation seems to be that if you are unfairly red carded, you are then also going to inevitably suffer a ban, further rubbing salt in the wound.

(General comment rather than wanting to go back into whether or not Paynes red should have been)
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Eggs wrote:Whilst Rums post does seem to have come out of nowhere, I do find it annoying that disciplinary hearings never seem to conclude that the referee got it wrong. It seems (and there may be rare exceptions that I am unaware of) that if a referee gives a red card unfairly (and everyone makes mistakes) the disciplinary hearing will still find them guilty, but use a lower sentencing combined with other factors to reduce the ban. Whilst not making up for the original wrong decision, a better outcome would be to have a ruling where the card itself is considered sufficient punishment, and no further action taken.

Current situation seems to be that if you are unfairly red carded, you are then also going to inevitably suffer a ban, further rubbing salt in the wound.

(General comment rather than wanting to go back into whether or not Paynes red should have been)
Bismarck du Plessis had his red card rescinded last season, a high profile sending off in a game between the two top teams in the world. There are very few cards overturned because most of them are justified. For the most part top referees know the laws better that anyone and definitely better than us lot.That's why they are the best referees in the world.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:

Tmo, player kicked out
Tmo, penalty
Nige, and yellow
As stated the TMO clearly recommended no yellow having been asked the question.. Not even sure Nigel checked it on the screen he just seemed to ignore the recommendation.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

He looked at it over and over again on the big screen before doing the correct thing and carding the player for the kick.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

If only Barnes had done the same thing against Toulon when Olding nearly had his head kicked over the Aquinas end posts.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Russ wrote:

Tmo, player kicked out
Tmo, penalty
Nige, and yellow
Didn't see the match myself but the media are going bonkers in NZ over Owen's reffing of the game. Has been front page news pretty much all week lol.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I tell you what ... I don't care if upsets cheese ... but I aint taking a really close look at Rum's post again ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

againstthehead wrote:
Russ wrote:

Tmo, player kicked out
Tmo, penalty
Nige, and yellow
Didn't see the match myself but the media are going bonkers in NZ over Owen's reffing of the game. Has been front page news pretty much all week lol.
Theyd know more about the Australian Basketball
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.