Fuel laundering

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Fuel laundering

Post by pythagoras »

Is there no record kept of who buys the agricultural diesel?
And if not , why not?
And if for some obscure reason it's not feasible to record this then they need to get rid of this scheme altogether.
Let the farmers produce receipts backed by bank statements for the last n years and add the relevant subsidy to their single farm payment.

I'm sick of this nonsense.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Fuel laundering

Post by Rooster »

pythagoras wrote:Is there no record kept of who buys the agricultural diesel?
And if not , why not?
And if for some obscure reason it's not feasible to record this then they need to get rid of this scheme altogether.
Let the farmers produce receipts backed by bank statements for the last n years and add the relevant subsidy to their single farm payment.

There is a record kept only the authorities don't bother their arses checking it/take backhanders for ignoring it, but it has actually practically come to an end as new dye that can't be removed will stop it in April, at present you have to provide a valid VAT number to buy red stuff, think green on your side is the same.
Anyway the money is in hauling heating oil south and clear diesel on the back load at present
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

Rooster wrote:
And if not , why not?

There is a record kept only the authorities don't bother their arses checking it/take backhanders for ignoring it, but it has actually practically come to an end as new dye that can't be removed will stop it in April, at present you have to provide a valid VAT number to buy red stuff, think green on your side is the same.
Anyway the money is in hauling heating oil south and clear diesel on the back load at present
Better than putting acid in my car's tank or producing barrels of toxic waste I suppose.
You're right though, if they really wanted to clamp down on this they could.
A) they know who the suspects are (this is Ireland)
B) How many roads cross the border in Co. Armagh = how many webcams they need to buy
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Py, as you say, they know
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

Russ
Rightly or wrongly I am biased against Co Louth.
I wouldn't dream of buying a used car with an LH reg.
If a chain of fuel outlets has its HQ in Louth I won't buy from them.
I'd be even more biased against Armagh except that by the time we see it, it belongs to Louth
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

Now you're dundalkin
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:... at present you have to provide a valid VAT number to buy red stuff, ...
Really??
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Rooster wrote:... at present you have to provide a valid VAT number to buy red stuff, ...
Really??
The supplier has to say where it goes BR if requested and they do check up on some, but evidently not others, there is some allowance for heating oil up to 10,000 l a year I think but not the volumes the launderers use, above the domestic use allowance you need a VAT number.
Safest stuff to buy at pumps is through one of the lorry card pumps not the forecourt tanks.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

pythagoras wrote:Russ
Rightly or wrongly I am biased against Co Louth.
I wouldn't dream of buying a used car with an LH reg.
If a chain of fuel outlets has its HQ in Louth I won't buy from them.
I'd be even more biased against Armagh except that by the time we see it, it belongs to Louth
Avoid the border areas at all costs
eeyore
Initiate

Post by eeyore »

pythagoras wrote:
Rooster wrote:
And if not , why not?

Better than putting acid in my car's tank or producing barrels of toxic waste I suppose.
You're right though, if they really wanted to clamp down on this they could.
A) they know who the suspects are (this is Ireland)
B) How many roads cross the border in Co. Armagh = how many webcams they need to buy
It's one thing knowing who they; significantly different thing having the resources and legislation to stop it. I believe there are around 200 crossing points between NI and RoI. Say there are 200 webcams needed to cover these. Then what? It's not illegal to cross the border
Wooohooo!! Only donkey left on the board
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

eeyore wrote: I believe there are around 200 crossing points between NI and RoI.
I think there are a whole lot more than that.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
eeyore wrote: I believe there are around 200 crossing points between NI and RoI.
I think there are a whole lot more than that.
What about the tunnels? What? Shhhhhhhhh. ..
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I would be quite confident in saying that very little of the laundered stuff crosses the border anyway, vast majority of cross border is legit fuel.
As for suggestions of not buying fuel round the border I would suggest that it is actually the safest place to buy it as one does not shyt on one's doorstep, most laundered stuff finishes up in Belfast
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote: As for suggestions of not buying fuel round the border I would suggest that it is actually the safest place to buy it as one does not shyt on one's doorstep, most laundered stuff finishes up in Belfast
Aye they only sell the well laundered stuff down by Rooster. ;)
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Rooster wrote: As for suggestions of not buying fuel round the border I would suggest that it is actually the safest place to buy it as one does not shyt on one's doorstep, most laundered stuff finishes up in Belfast
Aye they only sell the well laundered stuff down by Rooster. ;)
Wouldn't bother with laundered stuff when I can buy legit stuff for less and claim vat back, clocks in about 80 pence a litre at present. :D
Rory Best