Benetton Treviso v Ulster Sun 2pm UK Time BBCNI

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Benetton Treviso v Ulster Sun 2pm UK Time BBCNI

Post by Snipe Watson »

Jackie Brown wrote:Best has NEVER been captain material. I was worried when the decision was made. I remember thinking, "have we not tried this unsuccessfully before??"
We did only last time there was a very obvious alternative in Johann which allowed Rory to save face. It's not a criticism of Rory, he's a quietly spoken hard as nails grafter who gives 100% every single time and leads by example, but that makes him a great senior player, but not a captain.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Herring was stripped and ready to come on for a while.......
I could see that Rory was losing the plot from our house. How could Doak not see it from there in the stadium? He should have been on.
I reckon Herring could be a better flanker than either Ross or Reidy...
I wouldn't think he is quick enough to play 7, but he'd give it a heck of a go.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Doak didn't have the balls to sub off Best at that time.....
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Fly Half wrote:Herbst went off injured after a couple of minutes of the second half so Bross had to come on. The scrum held up fine on the LH side so debatable about Warwick when Ulster needed all the experience they could get on the pitch.
There was a shot of Cave bent over (maybe throwing up) and blowing hard - maybe he was done in? Payne back after months off was never going to be any great shakes.
Stevenson for O'Connor was a poor substitution, especially as his first touch gave away a penalty, and O'Connor looked fairly fresh.
Ross may not have been great, but Reidy wasn't any improvement so the sub for the last quarter was timed OK.

With Ulster panicking, bringing on the rookie Nelson could have just made things worse.

Herring should have come on for Best - definite mistake by Doak

The real problem with the bench is that it's not Toulon's.
Stevenson should not have been penalised, treviso dropped their own player Louis put his hands on him as he fell, but there was no offence that I could see.
Agreed. His own lifters dropped him. He wasn't pulled down.

Poor decision by the ref.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Alister Scott wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Fly Half wrote:Herbst went off injured after a couple of minutes of the second half so Bross had to come on. The scrum held up fine on the LH side so debatable about Warwick when Ulster needed all the experience they could get on the pitch.
There was a shot of Cave bent over (maybe throwing up) and blowing hard - maybe he was done in? Payne back after months off was never going to be any great shakes.
Stevenson for O'Connor was a poor substitution, especially as his first touch gave away a penalty, and O'Connor looked fairly fresh.
Ross may not have been great, but Reidy wasn't any improvement so the sub for the last quarter was timed OK.

With Ulster panicking, bringing on the rookie Nelson could have just made things worse.

Herring should have come on for Best - definite mistake by Doak

The real problem with the bench is that it's not Toulon's.
Stevenson should not have been penalised, treviso dropped their own player Louis put his hands on him as he fell, but there was no offence that I could see.
Agreed. His own lifters dropped him. He wasn't pulled down.

Poor decision by the ref.
Stevenson and Black were putting a lot of pressure on them then

Man in the air, leave well alone

We will soon see yellow and red cards for those kind of lineout offences
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Jebus Shan. I nearly choked on me corn flakes reading your last post. Then I read the last sentence. All is well with the world. Apart from the downward spiral we are currently being subjected to.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
theundercoverspark
Novice

Post by theundercoverspark »

BR wrote:
theundercoverspark wrote:
Midget6 wrote:Unless you are totally undercover we will see you there!
I should be easy to spot, I will the one wearing the Ulster Jersey, carrying a fleg and my pockets full of screwdrivers.

Hope to meet you at some point over the weekend especially if you are buyig vin rouge >burp :fleg:
Sounds like we're more likely to meet you if we're buying fadka n orinj
:lol:

As long as the orinj is fresh and not that bottled cr@p. But I must warn you any more that 6 or 7 and Junior gets boisterous. >yahoo
Bangors
Novice

Post by Bangors »

Think its time to look south of the border down Mexico way
Swap our 'coaches' favourite 13 for any one of their back row options
Bound to improve both teams
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Midget6 wrote:Unless you are totally undercover we will see you there!
I should be easy to spot, I will the one wearing the Ulster Jersey, carrying a fleg and my pockets full of screwdrivers.

Hope to meet you at some point over the weekend especially if you are buyig vin rouge >burp :fleg:
Sounds like we're more likely to meet you if we're buying fadka n orinj
:lol:

As long as the orinj is fresh and not that bottled cr@p. But I must warn you any more that 6 or 7 and Junior gets boisterous. >yahoo
More than 6 or 7 fresh orinj and it won't just be junior that gets boisterous, think of the toliets, we don't want another Brennans bogs incident :puker:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Snipe Watson wrote:Anscombe is not missed and will not be missed.
I miss the brand of rugby we played in his time here - I'm sure I'm not the only one...
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Anscombe didn't really have a brand of rugby or a great game plan, or a style, or much of exit strategy or many plays off set piece or phase play ...

But when compared to the headless clueless tripe that we're now offering up - he was a veritable genius.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
MARB
Novice

Post by MARB »

At the same time though, for all his failings the Cowboy did achieve: 1st place in the league, a Rabo final, qualifying as the top team in Europe from the HEC group stages last year, a home Q/F, away wins in France, a win at Welford Road, a win at the RDS against a Schmidt Leinster. Now, not for a second am I saying I wish he was back, obviously his failings are very well documented and a lot could be put down to the presence of a true leader in Johann, but lord above what I would do for some of those results and performances that I've mentioned. Not this directionless brad Pitt we're having to put up with this year.
"I would never bow to the knees of an opponent. I was never prepared to give second best to him and I'm sure that is the trait of a true Ulsterman."

Willie John McBride
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

What fecks me off the most is the fact that we came out in the second half and started that senseless booting away of the ball that has plagued us all season. :banghead:
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Ahhh yes the old we need 1 try for a BP win ... lets hoof and not chase ... that works ... give it to them and see what they've got ...

We were one dropped interception away from total manshaming embarrassment.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We had some stinking results and performances under Anscombe too. He did at least have a backrow. He was an average coach. Doak is a novice head coach and out of his depth so far.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?