Schools Cup 2015

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Re: Schools Cup 2015

Post by ruckover »

EastTerraceUR wrote:
ruckover wrote:Not sure how you can say the Wallace no. 2 had a good game when he couldn't hit a barn door in the second half.

If Wallace had a decent line-out they would have won that game without any difficulties. Why they persisted going to the corner is beyond me.

Well done RBAI.
Still can't believe people are putting all the blame on the throwers at line out, fair enough maybe didn't have the best throwing game although all round game was solid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just cannot justify saying the Wallace 2 had a good game when he was a key component of the line-out that completely fell apart in the second half and probably lost them the match.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

bazzaj wrote:Only saw the second half in fairness so maybe the first was a fantastic exhibition of running free flowing rugby so if that was the case, I stand corrected.
From what I did see I don`t know what else to call it other than hoofball when every other time the 9 gets his hands on the ball he box kicks it but if that floats peoples boat so be it.
It just doesn`t float mine.
Ruan can do what he wants in my opinion
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

ruckover wrote:
EastTerraceUR wrote:
ruckover wrote:Not sure how you can say the Wallace no. 2 had a good game when he couldn't hit a barn door in the second half.

If Wallace had a decent line-out they would have won that game without any difficulties. Why they persisted going to the corner is beyond me.

Well done RBAI.
Still can't believe people are putting all the blame on the throwers at line out, fair enough maybe didn't have the best throwing game although all round game was solid

I just cannot justify saying the Wallace 2 had a good game when he was a key component of the line-out that completely fell apart in the second half and probably lost them the match.
Looked to me, he was mostly hitting his man, his man wasn't catching it though.

We'll done both teams - great advert for the schools game, just a shame the supporters couldn't behave themselves.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:
ruckover wrote:
EastTerraceUR wrote:

Well done RBAI.

We'll done both teams - great advert for the schools game, just a shame the supporters couldn't behave themselves.
People from Lisburn and Inst. Of course they can't behave themselves
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Russ wrote:
BR wrote:
ruckover wrote:
EastTerraceUR wrote:

Well done RBAI.

I'm from both...
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Russ wrote: Looked to me, he was mostly hitting
I'm from both...
Must be that weird paradox where 2 negatives makes a low numbered positive
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Russ wrote:
LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Russ wrote: Looked to me, he was mostly hitting
I'm from both...
Must be that weird paradox where 2 negatives makes a low numbered positive
You say the nicest things...
:lol: :lol:
Ball Boy
Initiate

Post by Ball Boy »

It wouldn't be the Schools Cup final without some bad behaviour on the terraces. Only saw one abandoned beer bottle in the Inst section after the game - standards are slipping! Great game to watch - a genuine nailbiter at the end. Congratulations to the lads on both sides.
For the razor blade was German-made
But the sheet was Belfast Linen.
Ocean87
Novice

Post by Ocean87 »

RBAI 7 was my MOM. He was everywhere it seemed and made some fantastic turnovers. Sometimes the unsung work goes amiss.

WuzaFlanker
Novice

Post by WuzaFlanker »

Have to say I thought it was a cracking game between two very good sides. Always a shame one team ends up losing. It could have gone either way.

Congratulations to Inst and commiserations to Wallace.

Didn't see any crowd misbehaviour. Anyone care to elaborate.......?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Best game at Ravers this year?
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Once a Knight wrote:
Russ wrote:Best game at Ravers this year?
Non professional yes. In total, it is the 3rd best.

One of those has been by an Ulster professional team.

#15%haverenewedtheirseasonticketsalreadytowatchthatagainnextyearshocker.
You're not trying to call Hinch professional after their Senior Cup victory are you? :stir:
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Post by ChuckleBrothers »

Great game of rugby...
Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheese
Initiate

Post by cheese »

Great game of rugby and good to see a final go to the wire. Inst pulled out a very dogged performance in the 2nd half. I agree that the 7 was the standout player for me from the Inst side.
Not sure why Wallace kept throwing the linout to the number 6 as he was well marked. More blame should be on the lineout caller.
My man of the match was the Wallace no9. Constantly causing trouble. The Inst scrumhalf won't forget him in a hurry.
Just 2 things. How did the linesman not see what Inst player did the deliberate knockdown at the end. It was right in front of him and the guy ended up lying on the ball. Wallace looked certain for a try.
Secondly, the Inst support at the end was disgraceful. Win gracefully and show respect for the losing team. Why they marched over to the Wallace support and started shouting abuse, giving the fingers and antagonizing them is beyond me. Not like it was MCB or anything. What made it worse was the fear on the young Wallace supporters at what was going on. School need to look at themselves.
As a neutral it was a great final and good to see Inst's name back on the cup.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

cheese wrote:How did the linesman not see what Inst player did the deliberate knockdown at the end. It was right in front of him and the guy ended up lying on the ball. Wallace looked certain for a try.
He did see it. He called it and the ref gave the peno. The problem was he did not get a number, so no card could be issued.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk