Sam Windsor signs for Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Sam Windsor signs for Ulster

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:So ihump is backs coach then aye?

Aye, for BRA Ould Lads or so one of several rumours has said.
:roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

If by chance Paddy sneaks into the Irish squad whether on regained form or injury to others for the RWC then I look forward to watching the Duke start as our 10 for both the Pro12 campaign and Europe.

He benched at 10 for Leinster A's for a short period before he moved on then started for Worcester 2nds at the begining of this season before being injured. God business we will see but heres hoping Paddy doesn't make the RWC
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I can't see paddy doing anything to significantly improve his chances of getting ahead of Keatley. Ruan kicking for us won't help him either.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tevez
Initiate

Post by Tevez »

Cockers

You and Kofi seem to know something about Ian Humphreys that the rest of us don't. You have ruled him out of contention early next season stating that in the Ginger Prince's absence the Duke will be our first choice number 10.

Tell us who don't know - what is Ian Humphreys doing next season - as far as I know he has a playing contract with Ulster for 15/16?

Thanks.
If only everyone had Neil McMillan's dedication....
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Tevez wrote:Cockers

You and Kofi seem to know something about Ian Humphreys that the rest of us don't. You have ruled him out of contention early next season stating that in the Ginger Prince's absence the Duke will be our first choice number 10.

Tell us who don't know - what is Ian Humphreys doing next season - as far as I know he has a playing contract with Ulster for 15/16?

Thanks.
Tevez…. I have read several posters on other threads alluding to ihump's thinking for next year and some have very kindly even pm'd to part with that same knowledge. They must be true they post under a variety of sensible names on a supporters forum some are even members of the supporters club... Why not call in next time you walk pass and I tell you what I have heard.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:I can't see paddy doing anything to significantly improve his chances of getting ahead of Keatley. Ruan kicking for us won't help him either.
I think Paddy will slot back in ahead of Keatley as 2nd choice starting flyhalf. Madigan will retain the bench spot for the big games.
Tevez
Initiate

Post by Tevez »

Not sure what sensible names and supporters club has to do with this....simple question...what is iHumph doing next season?

Not a trick question....I assumed he was playing for Ulster
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

Assumed the same, iHumph has another year on his contract and no real injuries that I know of. Why would he not play on for another season?
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Cockatrice wrote: but heres hoping Paddy doesn't make the RWC
Seriously?? Really?? I don't get this at all.

I know I'm Ulster first but I would never wish that for an ambitious kid like Jacko.

I for one will be thrilled if he makes it to the RWC.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tevez wrote:Not sure what sensible names and supporters club has to do with this....simple question...what is iHumph doing next season?

Not a trick question....I assumed he was playing for Ulster
Allow me to impart the rumour I heard, taking his first steps in coaching but as far as I am aware, as an add on to his day job, not instead of.

I may or may not have mention the correct club a few posts back.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Wee Woman wrote:
Cockatrice wrote: but heres hoping Paddy doesn't make the RWC
Seriously?? Really?? I don't get this at all.

I know I'm Ulster first but I would never wish that for an ambitious kid like Jacko.

I for one will be thrilled if he makes it to the RWC.
WW…….read it in context with the rest of the post i.e. if it meant starting with Windsor at 10 for the Pro12 and Europe then yes I would prefer to have Jackson with us. It now seems that ihump will still be our starting 10 for that RWC period whilst fitting it in with his other new job. So I am happy now we have SID at 10 and Paddy can enjoy the RWC.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Paddy will need to tighten up to even get on the RWC radar
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Tevez wrote:Cockers

Thanks.
Tevez very unlike you to jump in with reading previous threads, A N other poster started the theme of i humph going into coaching not Cockers nor myself, if you read my last post I said the following:
so hopefully that's not the case and ihumph will combine his "coaching "role with being Ulsters first choice out half, personally I don't think that's great and will be a roller coaster of a ride for the fans, and those standing outside him on the park.
No apology required :duck:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Tevez
Initiate

Post by Tevez »

Thanks Kofi....you are right of course....no apology is required!
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

Cockatrice wrote: WW…….read it in context with the rest of the post i.e. if it meant starting with Windsor at 10 for the Pro12 and Europe then yes I would prefer to have Jackson with us. It now seems that ihump will still be our starting 10 for that RWC period whilst fitting it in with his other new job. So I am happy now we have SID at 10 and Paddy can enjoy the RWC.
Well its depth, but I'm not sure I'd call it strength...

Personally, for all I think this is probably the best the management could be expected to do here and now, having to rely on iHumph and the new guy for any extended period of time sounds a little hard on the nerves. I want Jackson to achieve his dreams as much as the next guy but I won't beagle if he doesn't go, could make a huge diference in what's a possibly very rocky WC period.