Not the Ulster Ravens

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Not the Ulster Ravens

Post by Cockatrice »

Cornerfleg wrote:Sure Doak picks the team with a dart board and a magic 8 ball... Stan will play where the sorting hat puts him!
Fleg..... Presumably Heaney is now a better prospect at 10 than Stanley and the dart board selection policy suggests that anyone could be. I am simply fed up with these second rate imports. A few month ago we find OConner can do a better job than Raaymakers, then we find out that Boys is a really a part timer and now that anyone but Stnaley for 10.

At least next year with a Super XV replacement 10 sitting on the bench for Paddy gathering dust we will have SID.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I hear you bro.... I hear you....
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

No room for Mike Stanley in the Ravens, this is fast becoming a joke.

Kieran Campbell has picked a mix of youth and experience for the Ulster Ravens' (who are sponsored by CD Group) match against Munster A at Banbridge RFC tomorrow afternoon (kick off 5pm).

The two sides met at Nenagh Ormond RFC last month with Munster A shading the encounter by 30 points to 24.

Peter Nelson starts at fullback with Michael Allen named on the right wing and Ballynahinch’s Adam Craig selected on the left flank.

Mark Best, who scored against Munster A in the previous encounter, is picked at outside centre and is joined in midfield by Stuart McCloskey, who came on as a replacement in the senior side’s bonus point victory over Connacht at the Sportsground last weekend.

Paul Marshall and Michael Heaney form an experienced half back partnership.

John Andrew is chosen at hooker with Ricky Lutton and Kyle McCall named either side of him in the front row.

Lewis Stevenson starts in the second row where he is joined by Neil McComb.

Ireland U20 star, Lorcan Dow, and his ex schoolmate, Frank Taggart, are named in the back row alongside openside Sean Reidy.

In an extended replacements bench forwards Paul Jackson, Andrew Warwick, Ruaidhri Murphy, Alex Thompson, Stephen Mulholland, John Donnan, Connor Joyce are joined by backs Dave Shanahan, Kieran Joyce, Jonny Rosborough and Ricky Andrew.

Ulster Ravens team & replacements to play Munster A, Interprovincial, Banbridge RFC, Thursday 16th April (17:00 kick off): (15-9): P Nelson, M Allen, M Best, S McCloskey, A Craig, M Heaney, P Marshall: (1-8): K McCall, J Andrew, R Lutton, N McComb, L Stevenson (Captain), F Taggart, S Reidy, L Dow; Replacements (16-26): P Jackson, A Warwick, R Murphy, A Thompson, S Mulholland, J Donnan, C Joyce, D Shanahan, K Joyce, J Rosborough, R Andrew.
Available for weddings May to August only
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Big Licence is a Pine Champion ...

No Dave Ryan ... Stanley must be packing ... McCoooooomash must be helping him ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Wait until they see the hack of Banbridge changing rooms ...

Will have to shower with munts!
TheWonDon
Initiate

Post by TheWonDon »

Pretty strong side named for Munster. Donncha O'Callaghan, Donnacha Ryan & JJ Hanrahan to name a few.

I'll probably head down to this, but won't be expecting much in the way of a result.
Munster 'A' Head Coach Mick O'Driscoll has named another strong side for tomorrow evening's interprovincial against the Ulster Ravens at Banbridge, including no less than 14 senior representatives in the matchday squad.
John Ryan and Stephen Archer start on either side of Niall Scannell in the front row with Donncha O'Callaghan and Donnacha Ryan completing an experienced tight five.

The back row remains in situ from the win over Connacht a fortnight ago with Paddy Butler, Sean Dougall and captain Jack O'Donoghue continuing at 6, 7 and 8.

JJ Hanrahan makes his second 'A' start in as many games and is joined by the returning Cathal Sherian in the half-backs. The scrum-half has not featured for the province since injuring his forearm in PRO12 action last November. Sheridan came through an appearance for UL Bohs last weekend unscathed to take his place on O'Driscoll's side.

The academy's Rory Scannell again teams up with Ivan Dineen in the midfield while full-back Johne Murphy comes in to join Luke O'Dea and Andrew Conway in the back three.

The bench sees the academy's Niall Horan, Shannon's Kelvin Browne and Young Munster's Luke O'Halloran feature in an 'A' side for the first time this season.

Munster 'A': Johne Murphy; Andrew Conway, Ivan Dineen, Rory Scannell, Luke O'Dea; JJ Hanrahan, Cathal Sheridan; John Ryan, Niall Scannell, Stephen Archer; Donncha O'Callaghan, Donnacha Ryan; Paddy Butler, Sean Dougall, Jack O'Donoghue - capt.

Replacements: Kelvin Browne, Niall Horan, Peter McCabe, John Madigan, Luke O'Halloran, Neil Cronin, David Johnston, Dan Goggin, Diarmuid McCarthy.

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/20417.php
It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:Wait until they see the hack of Banbridge changing rooms ...

Will have to shower with munts!
Do munts shower?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

They do in Hinch ... better class of munt in Hinch these days ... some even get out of the shower to pee ..
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cornerfleg wrote:They do in Hinch ... better class of munt in Hinch these days ... some even get out of the shower to pee ..
To pee on the ulster changing room floors, probably....
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:They do in Hinch ... better class of munt in Hinch these days ... some even get out of the shower to pee ..
To pee on the ulster changing room floors, probably....
Tehehehehe

Even photographic evidence off instie wasn't good enough for Hinch
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Lutton is alive >jawdrop
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

ColinM wrote:Lutton is alive >jawdrop

Allegedly ... remember Brezhnev was still playing for the Ravens years after even the Russians admitted he had been dead for a long time.
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

No Rory Scholes I see - is he injured?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Any score?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:Any score?
We're holding them to 0-0 (-40')
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk