Glasgow Vs Ulster Week 22

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Glasgow Vs Ulster Week 22

Post by big mervyn »

damianmcr wrote:Isn't BBC NI somewhere? All from the same satellite.
Would be if I had Sky in Spain - but I haven't.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Aren't you getting robbed at 10euro a month? Get yourself a satellite and dodgy box.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

damianmcr wrote:That may have been the Scarlets game.
Yeah, he did it at the Scarlets game too, but a 48m kick, according to the Irish Times - http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/pienaar ... e-1.583552 - they're not usually so accurate mind :lol:
Tazz #15
Initiate

Post by Tazz #15 »

Joe Schmo wrote:
damianmcr wrote:That may have been the Scarlets game.
Yeah, he did it at the Scarlets game too, but a 48m kick, according to the Irish Times - http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/pienaar ... e-1.583552 - they're not usually so accurate mind :lol:
The kick at Firhill was even more impressive though given that the playing surface resembled Portstewart Strand more than a rugby pitch.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

That was Ruan's first season, we beat Glasgow home and away with Ruan scoring all of Ulster's points.....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Oh ballix!

Just remembered, I'm in Spain for a week :duh:

Wonder if TVE1 are covering the game :lol:
Nip round to my house Merv, there is an Ulsterman there next week and I'm sure he'd welcome you in to watch it. He threatened to crap in my hot tub if I couldn't guarantee I'd have the SKY game or the BBCNI in the unlikely event that SKY don't show it.

I have emailed my mate Pablo at Surpris07 to ensure he doesn't turn it off, can't be doing with a man vacating his bowels in the tub.

By the way, I will generously volunteer to take your place for the week. >EW
Thanks Baggy. Sky Sports? I'm impressed. I've got a dodgey package that gives me a dozen UK terrestrial channels for €10 a month. No BBCNI of course - East Midlands for some reason :lol:

Got a couple of options - the guy who owns one of the less salubrious bars near me is from Donaghadee :lol:
Don't know if it is any benefit Merv but the company is Surpris07 and they provide a smartcard for the digibox I assume you have, our resort provides all BBC,ITV channels & regions plus loads of "SKY" channels, so it is an add on. Just been increased to €20 per month but I have the RTE channels which are occasionally handy and currently all 5 SKy sports, used to be BT Sport >threaten included but no longer I think, plus a couple of film channels & bits & pieces.

I rent the place out, since I am only there 3 or 4 weeks a year, so its an attraction for punters.

PM me if you are interested & I can give you Pablo's email. Not sure how far away from San Javier you are, maybe not practical.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

It's on the Sky programme guide on the television as being on BBC2.
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
Tazz #15
Initiate

Post by Tazz #15 »

Yeah could well be the same situation as the Leinster game, wasn't it shown on both Sky and BBCNI?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

My EPG is showing filler programmes for BBC2 NI as if they were waiting to find out if they'd have anything to show.

Glasgow v Ulster is set for Sky Sports 1.

The remaining channels (Alba, TG4, S4C and BBCw) have P12 coverage scheduled. So it looks like our game will be exclusive to Sky (just maybe Alba).
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
tighthead
Novice

Post by tighthead »

on the vigin media tv schedule the Glasgow Ulster game is on BBC2. Sky have the schedule for that time slot as a pro 12 game.

I think the agreement with sky was if they covered a fixture exclusively they couldn't show the reverse fixture. They covered the Ulster Glasgow game so on that agreement they can't cover the Glasgow Ulster game exclusively.
If we're half as good in the next game as we were in the last game then we were twice as good in the last game as we will be in the next game.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

tighthead wrote:I think the agreement with sky was if they covered a fixture exclusively they couldn't show the reverse fixture. They covered the Ulster Glasgow game so on that agreement they can't cover the Glasgow Ulster game exclusively.
They've shown both fixtures between Leinster and the Scarlets. Similarly Munster and Ospreys. And Glasgow and Edinburgh. And us and Leinster. Think that rule has been chucked out the window somewhere along the way.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

We are the Sky Sports match according to their website.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
EastTerraceUR
Novice

Post by EastTerraceUR »

What do we expect the team to be?

1 - Black (Hopefully) / Warwick
2 - Rory
3 - Herbst (please) / Ross
4 - Dan
5 - FVDM
6 - Diack
7 - Henry
8 - Roger / Ross (backrow switch)
9 - Ruan
10 - Paddy
11 - Gilroy
12 - Cave
13 - Jihad
14 - Tommy
15 - Ludik

(16-23) Herring, Warwick (Murphy), Ross (Ryan), Stevenson, Ross (Mcomaaash), Marshall, Ihumph, McCloskey
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

EastTerraceUR wrote:What do we expect the team to be?

1 - Black (Hopefully) / Warwick
2 - Rory
3 - Herbst (please) / Ross
4 - Dan
5 - FVDM
6 - Diack
7 - Henry
8 - Roger / Ross (backrow switch)
9 - Ruan
10 - Paddy
11 - Gilroy
12 - Cave
13 - Jihad
14 - Tommy
15 - Ludik

(16-23) Herring, Warwick (Murphy), Ross (Ryan), Stevenson, Ross (Mcomaaash), Marshall, Ihumph, McCloskey
Sweet lord..... I hope Roger makes it
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

If Ensign Ricky starts does that mean Jar Jar Binks will be on the bench ... ? Deary me :duh:
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"