Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Six Nations Week 4

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Blow in wrote:All aboard the offended bus toot toot
Offended caravan
It is full of Madi-haters.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
Offended caravan
Well he's a twunt
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
Offended caravan
Well he's a twunt
Offence noted
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:Is pikey not a derogatory term for gypsy?
Certainly is in England anyway, also there are Romany gypsy families over in parts of England who have been there for years, one guy I know who has a legit business turning in excess of £3 million a year still lives in a caravan and travels around the country and comes over to Ireland for 4 months each year painting sheds and doing roof repairs, pays his taxes, VAT registered and all 100% above board. He totally distances himself from the Irish traveller types and also the recent Roma influx yet can trace his own family tree back to the Punjab in the early 1700's and is very proud to be of gypsy decent but classes himself an Englishman to the core. As decent a hard working guy as you could meet, never claimed a benefit in his life and would kick the kids out of the country if they as much as suggested not working.
Lee is a pretty common gypsy name so he could quite possibly have roots way back there somewhere
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:Is pikey not a derogatory term for gypsy?
Certainly is in England anyway, also there are Romany gypsy families over in parts of England who have been there for years, one guy I know who has a legit business turning in excess of £3 million a year still lives in a caravan and travels around the country and comes over to Ireland for 4 months each year painting sheds and doing roof repairs, pays his taxes, VAT registered and all 100% above board. He totally distances himself from the Irish traveller types and also the recent Roma influx yet can trace his own family tree back to the Punjab in the early 1700's and is very proud to be of gypsy decent but classes himself an Englishman to the core. As decent a hard working guy as you could meet, never claimed a benefit in his life and would kick the kids out of the country if they as much as suggested not working.
Lee is a pretty common gypsy name so he could quite possibly have roots way back there somewhere
Gypsy Rose Lee - famous American stripper ofthe Burlesque days.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Tomas Francis cited over the eye incident in yesterday's game - not a big surprise.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:Tomas Francis cited over the eye incident in yesterday's game - not a big surprise.
I'm not sure I'd know Cole's head from a rugby ball if I wasn't looking. Anyway Cole was illegal all day in every aspect, he got one wee slap in the bake for his troubles .........boo-hoo. >ESAD

In my opinion, like the TMO, the view of the incident was inconclusive regarding any intent, but like Ashton, putting his hands in the wrong area won't go down well. He will be taking a holiday, how long depends on whether it was considered deliberate or reckless.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Neill_M wrote:Tomas Francis cited over the eye incident in yesterday's game - not a big surprise.
Bottled on the pitch by Joubert and Co once again
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
I'm not sure I'd know Cole's head from a rugby ball if I wasn't looking. Anyway Cole was illegal all day in every aspect, he got one wee slap in the bake for his troubles .........boo-hoo. >ESAD

In my opinion, like the TMO, the view of the incident was inconclusive regarding any intent, but like Ashton, putting his hands in the wrong area won't go down well. He will be taking a holiday, how long depends on whether it was considered deliberate or reckless.
It was at least as bad as the Ashton case. The fact that Cole is a weapons grade WUM and the pair of them were at it all day, Like Marler and Lee is irrelevant.
SOU
Novice

Post by SOU »

Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

I don't hate him but he is a tad full of himself, given his position on the fringe of things.

If Ferg can cover four positions, as he claims, then what is the need for Quiffy Madigan on the bench, since Jackson need only cover 10 (though I do think Jackson could cover 12 perfectly well, or even 13 if needed). Especially given that Henshaw, Earls and Payne also cover several positions between them.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

That's why Joe picks me

Feck off

You played 4 positions badly, nearly botched the try of the year and scored the flukiest try of the day that even Dan Cole could have scored
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Spiffsson wrote:
I don't hate him but he is a tad full of himself, given his position on the fringe of things.

If Ferg can cover four positions, as he claims, then what is the need for Quiffy Madigan on the bench, since Jackson need only cover 10 (though I do think Jackson could cover 12 perfectly well, or even 13 if needed). Especially given that Henshaw, Earls and Payne also cover several positions between them.
So, that means that Shinnerboots is not needed, superfluous to FibberJoe's selection, not required.

Obvious, thanks to Mr Modesty McFadden for his assistance.