Congratulating the Fat Boys!

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Congratulating the Fat Boys!

Post by Spiffsson »

Any other posters getting skunnered with this pervasive habit of the whole team, from 15 on down, running in to congratulate the front row after a scrum penalty? >dance >dance >dance
All this hugging, back slapping and hair tousling is just embarrassing and is no way for a chap to behave on a rugby pitch. They'll be kissing next. When I first started to play rugby (some time ago) teammates did not even congratulate a try scorer, just turned around and got on with it.
This kind of thing is reducing our noble game to the level of beach volleyball and tennis doubles, where airhead partners exchange high fives between every single point, even when they've lost it.
Enough of this nonsense!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Congratulating the Fat Boys!

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Spiffsson wrote:Any other posters getting skunnered with this pervasive habit of the whole team, from 15 on down, running in to congratulate the front row after a scrum penalty? >dance >dance >dance
All this hugging, back slapping and hair tousling is just embarrassing and is no way for a chap to behave on a rugby pitch. They'll be kissing next. When I first started to play rugby (some time ago) teammates did not even congratulate a try scorer, just turned around and got on with it.
This kind of thing is reducing our noble game to the level of beach volleyball and tennis doubles, where airhead partners exchange high fives between every single point, even when they've lost it.
Enough of this nonsense!

I think kissing without tongues would be perfectly acceptable, they do it in France as it is. I know, bonnet de douche mon ami.

Hugging is fine too, I often hug friends ...........I'm as gay as the next man I'll have you know. :D

I remember well an old gym teacher discouraging us from even grinning after scoring a try, "just run back beyond halfway as if nothing special had happened" :shock: , sure when you are as slow as I am, it was hard not to giggle that you weren't captured before scoring.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Racist thread
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Aye, but racist or not if it stops yer cardigan from flappin' open it'll do the job. :duck:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Celebrating a penalty is unsporting conduct and a sure sign that somebody somewhere has fooled the referee .

I don't object to the celebration of a try sometimes it is well earned by a 14 stone player taking on a one 20 stone or a player who has run the length of the pitch to turn defeat into a win

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by rumncoke » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:08 pm

Celebrating a penalty is unsporting conduct and a sure sign that somebody somewhere has fooled the referee .
Well thats just not true. If a winger or a full back runs over and congratulates a prop after winning a scrum penalty, lets face it, that winger or full back has absolutely no idea about who is in the wrong or whether the prop has been crafty enough to fool the ref.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Noticed to day the pundits were starting to question the merit of penalties when the offence committed near the half way and not worthy of three points

Although the offence being questioned was in relation to front row scrum offences

Which of course omits to take into account that all front row offence bar improper binding and early contact are described as dangerous play and are every collapsed scrum has the potential to break a players neck .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:Noticed to day the pundits were starting to question the merit of penalties when the offence committed near the half way and not worthy of three points

Although the offence being questioned was in relation to front row scrum offences

Which of course omits to take into account that all front row offence bar improper binding and early contact are described as dangerous play and are every collapsed scrum has the potential to break a players neck .

And Guscott put them in their place
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Dave wrote:Racist thread
Not Racist. Fatist.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Spiffsson wrote:
Not Racist. Fatist.
Which I declared earlier on was a race

Ergo - racist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:
Not Racist. Fatist.
Which I declared earlier on was a race

Ergo - racist
Often the victim of stereotyped assumptions such as being jolly.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Spiffsson wrote:Any other posters getting skunnered with this pervasive habit of the whole team, from 15 on down, running in to congratulate the front row after a scrum penalty? >dance >dance >dance
Enough of this nonsense!
Well said Spiffer. Look the fella in the eye and congratulate him with a good firm handshake. No watery limp wristed stuff and no kissing under any circumstances. It's the Ulster way.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

I agree It is very inappropriate to slobber all over fellow players on the pitch. We always left any intimate stuff for the shower room or even better the communal bath back in the day . A manly pat on the back or thumbs up sufficed round the paddock .
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

namron wrote:I agree It is very inappropriate to slobber all over fellow players on the pitch. We always left any intimate stuff for the shower room or even better the communal bath back in the day . A manly pat on the back or thumbs up sufficed round the paddock .
Fat blokes don't have much going for them in life and you shower of curmudgeons want to deny them a pat on the back...... disgraceful.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Love a good butt pat