6n WK 5 " Grandslam Weekend " -FECK - Humiliation of France

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

6n WK 5 " Grandslam Weekend " -FECK - Humiliation of France

Post by rumncoke »

The English Media BBC, ITV, Sky and BT will be laying it on thick and fast

But the aftermath maybe interesting at least when Irish sides did well in the ERC it had a positive effect on the national side- At the moment English teams are doing well in the ERC with a positive effect on the national side but the French national team is locked in reverse going nowhere only beating Ireland because a referee failed to referee the scrum correctly .

Of all the matches in the ^ Nations the defeat in Paris is the one that got away . There is little between Ireland and Wales , at the moment Ireland don't have a pack to compete against England after the 5th try the Italians went absent and Scotland are scary at the moment mixing good with bad and should not be taken lightly.

Given the French defeat I fear Joe will be conservative in his selection this week
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: 6n WK 5 " Grandslam Weekend " -FECK - Humiliation of Fra

Post by BR »

Well if England stuff France, it will do us a favour, moving them below us in the rankings. But with a win over Scotland actually increasing our ranking points next week, it makes more sense to be conservative.

Can't see us picking up anything against the SH in the next year.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Interesting to note that Georgia won the 2nd tier competition with a game to spare also - 6th straight win at this level - above Italy in the rankings. Would they be a welcome addition to the 6N in either as a new side/replacing Italy?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

BR wrote:Well if England stuff France, it will do us a favour, moving them below us in the rankings. But with a win over Scotland actually increasing our ranking points next week, it makes more sense to be conservative.

The win over Italy had zero impact for Ireland's rankings due to the large gap in the rankings between the 2. Reckon England have jumped to 5th over Argentina, maybe 4th overtaking Wales. That defeat for France I reckon drops them beneath Ireland into 8th with the Scots staying in 9th.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Is there an "ignore" button for the scattergun lunacy of a rumn thread title?
It's the hope that kills you.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote:
BR wrote:Well if England stuff France, it will do us a favour, moving them below us in the rankings. But with a win over Scotland actually increasing our ranking points next week, it makes more sense to be conservative.

The win over Italy had zero impact for Ireland's rankings due to the large gap in the rankings between the 2. Reckon England have jumped to 5th over Argentina, maybe 4th overtaking Wales. That defeat for France I reckon drops them beneath Ireland into 8th with the Scots staying in 9th.
I believe it is:

4 WAL 83.1
5 ENG 83.06
6 ARG 82.59
7 FRA 79.77
8 IRE 79.7
9 SCO 78.94
10 JAP 77.05
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Lol at Wales being top 4

Come on England
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

So if Scotland beat Ireland, Ireland drop to 9th and the IRFU get to sack MexicanJoe as a loser who has given us a 3rd seedig for the next RWC ?

Every cloud .............

I know a man called Declan who knows how all this feels. Mind you whilst Deccie made no excuses and took the inevitable sack with good grace, I see a roaring host of Mexicans and some others going all PRL and shouting "It's not fair".

Ireland lost in France Rum'n not because of the ref & scrummage technique, Ireland lost because with a welter of possession they couldn't score in a brothel, everything else is just excuses.

What annoys me most about MexicanJoe is that he had the cheek to talk about experimenting and giving 3 debuts at Twickenham. The lying ballix is ignoring the fact that these were replacements only because of injuries ............and true to form the one he kept to start the next game was a Mexican.

Doakie for Ireland.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:So if Scotland beat Ireland, Ireland drop to 9th
If England beat France by >15 and we lose by <16, I think France would drop below us to 9th.

However, Scotland have 2 tests in Japan, which could improve their rating.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:So if Scotland beat Ireland, Ireland drop to 9th and the IRFU get to sack MexicanJoe as a loser who has given us a 3rd seedig for the next RWC ?

Every cloud .............

I know a man called Declan who knows how all this feels. Mind you whilst Deccie made no excuses and took the inevitable sack with good grace, I see a roaring host of Mexicans and some others going all PRL and shouting "It's not fair".

Ireland lost in France Rum'n not because of the ref & scrummage technique, Ireland lost because with a welter of possession they couldn't score in a brothel, everything else is just excuses.

What annoys me most about MexicanJoe is that he had the cheek to talk about experimenting and giving 3 debuts at Twickenham. The lying ballix is ignoring the fact that these were replacements only because of injuries ............and true to form the one he kept to start the next game was a Mexican.

Doakie for Ireland.
Remember Deccie had radge's implosion to deal with

Josef Stalin has no excuses like that
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Updated rankings below:

1 New Zealand 96.10
2 Australia 89.33
3 South Africa 87.66
4 Wales 83.10
5 England 83.06
6 Argentina 82.59
7 Ireland 79.70
8 France 79.29
9 Scotland 78.95
10 Japan 77.05

For the Ire/Sco game - 79.70 + 3 =82.70-78.95=3.75 An Ireland win sees them gain 0.62 pts with Scotland losing the same. A Scotland win sees them gain 1.38 pts with Ireland losing the same.

For Fra/Eng 79.29+ 3=82.29 83.06-82.29=0.77 France win sees them gain 1.08 pts etc England win would be 0.92 pts.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

The disgraceful IRFU PR machine have once again announced (totally out of the blue) that Bobbo of Leinstertainment is injured and will not play Saturday

I'm sick of the bullshit from the Ireland camp

Bob, you've been rubbish for 5 years. Enough of the guff. You've been dropped
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Rorybaldnob

There are three things debatable this week

Firstly the OTT tripe which will be churned out by the English media before and after England win the Grand Slam .

Secondly what could be the fall out from a French defeat and poor showing in the 6 Nations .
Hopefully a serious restriction on the number of foreign players per squad .

Thirdly the team which may face Scotland .

While the press are giving praise to the Irish performance there is the fact that Italy ,who are not noted for their flair and try scoring ability , scored twice wide on the same wing

Once is an accident - twice identifies something sinister .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Gilroy can't defend
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

rumncoke wrote:Rorybaldnob
How did you know?

Has pip placed cameras in my shaving mirror?
It's the hope that kills you.