6n WK 5 " Grandslam Weekend " -FECK - Humiliation of France

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: 6n WK 5 " Grandslam Weekend " -FECK - Humiliation of Fra

Post by BR »

Apologies for my earlier miscalculation.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:Apologies for my earlier miscalculation.
Oh alright then ..... apology accepted.

Don't do it again.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I assume that it has not gone unnoticed that Ireland are the leading try scorers in the 6Ns. MexicanJoe is just fab.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Russ wrote:Gilroy can't defend
Just as well Ireland had a strong defender on that wing then.....Oh! Whose wing did Italy dander over to score twice?
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

I see the knives are still out for Joe. Reads like a bakebook page... Few were moaning too much when Ireland beat France in the RWC and were looking in decent shape. What has happened since is simply down to a catalog of key injuries. I'm actually surprised by how well Ireland have done. On paper, we should have been looking at a defeat to Wales and bigger hidings away from home. For a pack with as much grunt as schoolboy third XV, they've done pretty well to be remotely competitive. Of course, it helps when the opposition is a bit crap too but they're done alright. Ireland haven't just lost players, they've lost the x-factor players. The one-man wrecking machines, the SOBs, the healys, POM and Hendersons. Take that away and you have fek all to work with. All you can do is have good systems rather than having explosive talent.

My only negative would be the lack of a little more experimentation last week so try and develop a bigger international squad. That said, with the injuries a lot of guys are already being given a chance up front. No doubt he'll blood guys in the summer and autumn when the stakes aren't just as high.

Irish fans seem to have suddenly think they have a right to be at the top table. The domestic sides are a shadow of what they once were and the international side is decimated by injuries. Expectations need to be realistic.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

againstthehead wrote:I see the knives are still out for Joe. Reads like a bakebook page... Few were moaning too much when Ireland beat France in the RWC and were looking in decent shape. What has happened since is simply down to a catalog of key injuries. I'm actually surprised by how well Ireland have done. On paper, we should have been looking at a defeat to Wales and bigger hidings away from home. For a pack with as much grunt as schoolboy third XV, they've done pretty well to be remotely competitive. Of course, it helps when the opposition is a bit crap too but they're done alright. Ireland haven't just lost players, they've lost the x-factor players. The one-man wrecking machines, the SOBs, the healys, POM and Hendersons. Take that away and you have fek all to work with. All you can do is have good systems rather than having explosive talent.

My only negative would be the lack of a little more experimentation last week so try and develop a bigger international squad. That said, with the injuries a lot of guys are already being given a chance up front. No doubt he'll blood guys in the summer and autumn when the stakes aren't just as high.

Irish fans seem to have suddenly think they have a right to be at the top table. The domestic sides are a shadow of what they once were and the international side is decimated by injuries. Expectations need to be realistic.
That all has enough fact in it to be almost a believable hypothesis, but here's the rub. Joe coaches a boring safe brand of rugby, which is all wellish and goodish if you're winning, but football aside, there is little worse than boring losing rugby. Trophies cover a multitude of sins, but a losing yawn fest stinks the place out quicker than trap two with the door left open.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

againstthehead wrote:I see the knives are still out for Joe. Reads like a bakebook page... Few were moaning too much when Ireland beat France in the RWC and were looking in decent shape. What has happened since is simply down to a catalog of key injuries. I'm actually surprised by how well Ireland have done. On paper, we should have been looking at a defeat to Wales and bigger hidings away from home. For a pack with as much grunt as schoolboy third XV, they've done pretty well to be remotely competitive. Of course, it helps when the opposition is a bit crap too but they're done alright. Ireland haven't just lost players, they've lost the x-factor players. The one-man wrecking machines, the SOBs, the healys, POM and Hendersons. Take that away and you have fek all to work with. All you can do is have good systems rather than having explosive talent.

I moaned the whole way through the WC
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

With England's resources they should be champions every year. I am consoling myself that every year they don't is a crushing defeat for the parcel of bawbegs. They can stick their Grand Slam up their jam roll.

Thankfully I wont see/hear it as I'll be exiting Dubz wif well bangin tunes pumpin in my pimped up ride.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

againstthehead wrote:I see the knives are still out for Joe. Reads like a bakebook page... Few were moaning too much when Ireland beat France in the RWC and were looking in decent shape.
Jesus wept that French side is beyond dung, as it was in the World Cup when Shinnerboots gurned his lamps out after beating the 2nd worst French team in living memory. The worst is the one we played a few weeks back.

Realism is needed and I believe most on here are in agreement with just how awful the French National team is.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

French rugby is reaping the rewards of the foreign influx and the FFR will not tolerate it much longer.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Anyone watching the U20's match? Stockdale just scored, looks fast
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I am watching the England v France womens game having switched over from the Leinster match at half time.
Needless to say I will be switching back- what an appalling standard of rugby to behold.
I appreciate that Kofi and Cockers champion the womens game but I don`t think its quite justifying my sky sports subscription just yet.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

bazzaj wrote:I am watching the England v France womens game having switched over from the Leinster match at half time.
Needless to say I will be switching back- what an appalling standard of rugby to behold.
I appreciate that Kofi and Cockers champion the womens game but I don`t think its quite justifying my sky sports subscription just yet.
You mean like the Ireland vs France men's match then? :D
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Joe Schmo wrote:Anyone watching the U20's match? Stockdale just scored, looks fast Image
Playing at his own level, he has looked very good and speaks to the confidence Les has shown in him.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Bart S wrote:
bazzaj wrote:I am watching the England v France womens game having switched over from the Leinster match at half time.
You mean like the Ireland vs France men's match then? :D
I stand corrected.