Streaming sports

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: Streaming sports

Post by damianmcr »

Performance wise you shouldn't notice a difference as they all use the same infrastructure. The one area were they are different is customer service. I'd recommend Plusnet right now. I'm with BT and happy enough.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

scrum5 wrote:talktalk and it aint great, been thinking about changing it for a while but not sure who to go with heard a lot of pros and cons for most of them

Scrummie, this may be over-simplistic for I'm not a computer whizz, but get yourself Fibre, hard to go wrong then no matter who you are with, go for the best deal, though here, a word to the wise, I left Talk talk because their fibre would allow a maximum of 4 internet devices, think we have about 16 in the house at present that are used, several other potential ones. :roll:

I have plusnet fibre & no real complaints.

Ahem...................... I've also got a wee android box with which I steal people's hard working talent on occasions - when I can be bothered, it's a pain in the bum finding "free"/stolen streams, not just as simple as a sky bax. Regret buying it, too feckin' messy for my taste.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Only 4 devices? That sounds like a bullshit marketing ploy to get you to pay more money.

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com

Input your phone number there and see what it says.

Baggy they work but like you say its no Sky box.
kUD
Novice

Post by kUD »

Does it give you the ability to record a particular time slot/game?
Living in NZ so NH rugby can be on at tricky times. Nothing worse than a 2.30pm Sunday kickoff, meaning I have to avoid the internet and co workers all Monday in the hope that Rooster vision was super swift and allows me a Monday night you tub event.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

No it doesn't but you can request items to be placed on the video on demand section. At the minute there's all tjr Six Nations games there. I've asked for Super Rugby. It starts soon so I'll see if they do.
kUD
Novice

Post by kUD »

How soon after the broadcast would a six nations game be likely to appear?
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

No idea. I'll try and find out for you.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

? for the techies - Cricfree is not working for a week now. All the TV channels are highlighted as a malicious link by Kaspersky - Trojan. Any ideas?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Has no-one else this problem with Cricfree?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I used cricfree at the weekend
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Cricfree is working well, but now VIPLeague is blocked. On choosing any rugby match it goes to a blank page 't.mdn2015x1.com'. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a workaround?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

http://www.feed4u.net/
Used this one last night, no messing and ads just a decent live feed
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Setanta wrote:Cricfree is working well, but now VIPLeague is blocked. On choosing any rugby match it goes to a blank page 't.mdn2015x1.com'. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a workaround?
Interesting Setanta as Cricfree was blocked for me last night as well as VIPLeague hence I found that other one, now it is blocked today and Cricfree is working :scratch:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I'm heading to Asia in the new year for a while but don't want to miss Ulster's imperious and inevitable march to victory in the SDC and Pro Dozen. Will any of the suggestions here work?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

solidarity wrote:I'm heading to Asia in the new year for a while but don't want to miss Ulster's imperious and inevitable march to victory in the SDC and Pro Dozen. Will any of the suggestions here work?
They should
Rory Best