RSA Tour squad

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

RSA Tour squad

Post by Setanta »

No Buckley, Bowe, or Henry; McFadden and both Kearneys still there but four new faces included. Leinster 20, Ulster 10, Munster 8, Connacht 6. Change or no change?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: RSA Tour squad

Post by Russ »

Where is this announced? Is it different to Joes one day banker a thon?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

This is a squad together w/e and not necessarily the Tour squad but indicative of the squad

Because it is a tour squad there is an element of are available to tour
Or is there a valid reason why you can't tour . That said most players know the tour dates and avoid personal reasons that would rule them out .
Sometimes players who have been carrying an injury opt for surgery post season .

Try BBc for squad

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Setanta wrote:No Buckley, Bowe, or Henry; McFadden and both Kearneys still there but four new faces included. Leinster 20, Ulster 10, Munster 8, Connacht 6. Change or no change?
Looks as though Henry could be on the way out for good with the backrow selections available to Ireland now. Very tough on Buckley, whom I would rate as one of the best two looseheads in Ireland. What more does he have to do to get Fibber's attention? Understandable that Tommy Bowe may just be rested.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Spiffsson wrote:
Setanta wrote:No Buckley, Bowe, or Henry; McFadden and both Kearneys still there but four new faces included. Leinster 20, Ulster 10, Munster 8, Connacht 6. Change or no change?
Looks as though Henry could be on the way out for good with the backrow selections available to Ireland now. Very tough on Buckley, whom I would rate as one of the best two looseheads in Ireland. What more does he have to do to get Fibber's attention? Understandable that Tommy Bowe may just be rested.
Healy has a central contract

Until that gym monkey gets dumped there's no budget for Buckley
Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

Spiffsson wrote:

Totally agree in respect of the non inclusion of Denis Buckley whom I also rate as Joint Number 2 with Healy ....ie if the latter is on a good day . Certainly Denis Buckley has far more to offer that Kilcoyne, but in my humble opinion would be behind Jack McGrath in the pecking order.

Maybe the name 'Buckley' scares off the selectors given the lack of success of a previous prop forward of the same name ...Tony Buckley was a serious waste of a large frame/body
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

No Caveman either, unless my eyesight going as well.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

scrum5 wrote:No Caveman either, unless my eyesight going as well.
Ringpiece
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
scrum5 wrote:No Caveman either, unless my eyesight going as well.
Ringpiece
Ringrose is the exact type of player who should be touring. Anyone with half an understanding of centre play should see the potential of him and Olding as a partnership going forward.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Except the Kearney's are there.....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

scrum5 wrote:Except the Kearney's are there.....
Someone has to miss the tackles
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:

And he somehow managed to get a massive contract from the IRFU
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:

And he somehow managed to get a massive contract from the IRFU
Sells tshirts

#properchurch
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

There are quite a few who miss tackles or expose team mates in the squad
Not just the Kearneys

Henry is 31 and not likely to feature at the next RWC while he may be still as good as some of those named the fact is being older now counts against his inclusion given the number of back row options .

Others of similar age could well
face a similar fate if and when younger and equally talented options are available for example Bowe and Trimble .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist