BaaBaas v Fiji 11th Nov at Ravenhill

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

The Ulsterian
Initiate

BaaBaas v Fiji 11th Nov at Ravenhill

Post by The Ulsterian »

"Ulster Rugby has today confirmed that Kingspan Stadium will host an international fixture between the Barbarians and Fiji on Friday 11th November 2016 (kick-off 7.30pm).

This will be the Barbarians first game back in Belfast since 1957, when they played an Ulster Invitation XV.

The famous invitational squad played four internationals last year, including a thrilling 31-49 defeat against World Cup semi-finalists, Argentina, in November. World-renowned stars such as Stephen Moore, Lood de Jager, Tevita Kuridrani, Pat Lambie and Nehe Milner-Skudder were among those who featured in that game, and a similarly exciting lineup is expected for the clash in Belfast.

The Fiji squad is also likely to contain a number of high profile names, including the likes of former Ulster favourite Timoci Nagusa and Super Rugby sensation Nemani Nadolo."

Season ticket holders priority booking will be available online from 10am on Friday 6th May and you will receive an email with instructions on how to book at this time.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: BaaBaas v Fiji 11th Nov at Ravenhill

Post by Neill_M »

This sounds really good, looking forward to it :D
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I assume Roger Wilson will captain the Barbarians.

I wonder will Babas stalwart Micky Steele-Todger be on hand? One of rugby's finest slapheads.

Yeah I suspect I'll rock up to that.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Band involved?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Am I alone in trying to use the link sent to ST holders to buy a ticket & find the bloody thing doesn't work? >threaten >threaten >threaten >threaten >threaten

The words pissup & brewery come to mind ..............yet again.

GET YOUR FINGER OUT UR. :duh: :duh: :duh:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
The Ulsterian
Initiate

Post by The Ulsterian »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Am I alone in trying to use the link sent to ST holders to buy a ticket & find the bloody thing doesn't work? >threaten >threaten >threaten >threaten >threaten

Baggy The link brought me to the ticket page but the first time I put the code in it only give me the option to buy for family or memorial ends. I tried it again and it then let me buy for the promenade or terrace.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The Ulsterian wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Am I alone in trying to use the link sent to ST holders to buy a ticket & find the bloody thing doesn't work? >threaten >threaten >threaten >threaten >threaten

Baggy The link brought me to the ticket page but the first time I put the code in it only give me the option to buy for family or memorial ends. I tried it again and it then let me buy for the promenade or terrace.
I got in initially but only to buy a family ticket rather for the 3 amongst whom I sit to buy our individual usual seats.

Shambles ................as is often, too often the case.
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

I managed to get 3 tickets in the grandstand this morning but it seems the only tickets available in the grandstand were the ones behind the committee box. Other tickets were in the terraces or end stands. Seems ticketmaster playing trick again and only releasing certain areas of the ground at a time. Assume the rest of the grandstand will be released when on general sale.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Got one for the "prom", reasonable price - looking forward to it.
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

Do we reckon there'll be many of them going to general sale? There surely will?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mea97mb wrote:I managed to get 3 tickets in the grandstand this morning but it seems the only tickets available in the grandstand were the ones behind the committee box. Other tickets were in the terraces or end stands. Seems ticketmaster playing trick again and only releasing certain areas of the ground at a time. Assume the rest of the grandstand will be released when on general sale.
Entire stand was on sale this morning after they first tried the "busy let us pick your seats stunt" tried to sell me front row in section 9 but one persevered, cursed ticketfecker, blamed the DUP and Shinners, even blamed Alliance party then got really fecked off and kicked out all my cookies and I got full selection of entire ground :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

HairyJ wrote:Do we reckon there'll be many of them going to general sale? There surely will?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Absolutely there will.

I've finally just bought my own ST seat. :roll: About the 10th attempt having been told several times that the BFPriority code was wrong, then offered system selected seat, then offered a family ticket, FFS
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

BaaBaas 27 man squad confirmed for the game:

Ruan Ackermann (Lions) Flanker, 20, 1.93m, 108kg
Clayton Blommetjies (Cheetahs) Lock, 28, 1.98m, 110kg
Sam Carter (Brumbies & Australia) Lock, 27, 2.01m, 116kg
Robert du Preez (Stormers) Fly half, 23, 1.92m, 96kg
Andy Ellis (Crusaders/Kobelco & New Zealand), Scrum half, 32, 1.76m, 86kg
Matt Faddes (Highlanders) Centre, 24, 1.85m, 93kg
Michael Fatialofa (Hurricanes) Lock, 24, 1.99m, 106kg
Ben Franks (London Irish & New Zealand) Prop, 32, 1.85m, 130kg
Reggie Goodes (Hurricanes) Prop, 24, 1.84m, 112kg
Richard Mo'unga (Crusaders) Fly half, 22, 1.76m, 83kg
Luke Morahan (Force & Australia) Wing, 27, 1.88m, 95kg
Martin Muller (Lions), Lock, 28, 1.98m, 110kg
Taqele Naiyaravoro (Waratahs/Panasonic & Australia) Wing, 24, 1.94m, 123kg
Melani Nanai (Blues) Wing/full back, 23, 1.94m, 90kg
Ruan Pienaar (Ulster & South Africa) Scrum half, 31, 1.87m, 92kg
Andrew Ready (Reds) Hooker, 23, 1.80m, 107kg
Paddy Ryan (Waratahs & Australia) Prop, 28, 1.89m, 120kg
Brad Shields (Hurricanes) Flanker, 25, 1.93m, 111kg
Toby Smith (Rebels & Australia) Prop, 28, 1.90m, 115kg
Kwagga Smith (Lions) Flanker, 23, 1.80m, 90kg
Nic Stirzaker (Rebels) Scrum half, 25, 1.79m, 83kg
Seta Tamanivalu (Crusaders & New Zealand) Centre, 24, 1.89m, 104kg
Jordan Taufua (Crusaders) Flanker, 24, 1.89m, 108kg
Dan Tuohy (Ulster & Ireland) Lock, 31, 1.96m, 119kg
Akker van der Merwe (Lions) Hooker, 25, 1.78m, 108kg
Schalk van der Merwe (Montpellier) Prop, 25, 1.84m, 105kg
Luke Whitelock (Highlanders & New Zealand) No.8, 25, 1.90m, 104kg
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Fiji squad for November Tests:

Forwards: Campese Ma'afu, Peni Ravai, Joeli Veitayaki, Tuapati Talemaitoga, Jale Sassen, Sunia Koto, Manasa Saulo, Leeroy Atalifo, Mesake Doge, Leone Nakarawa, Api Ratuniyarawa, Nemia Soqeta, Dominiko Waqaniburotu, Naulia Dawai, Mosese Voka, Akapusi Qera (capt), Eremasi Radrodro.

Backs: Nikola Matawalu, Serupepeli Vularika, Nemia Kenatale, Ben Volavola, Vatemo Ravouvou, Albert Vulivuli, Waisea Nayacalevu, Vereniki Goneva, Asaeli Tikoirotuma, Nemani Nadolo, Josua Tuisova, Kini Murimurivalu.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Best backline at Ravenhill