RSA Tour squad

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

onefisbetterthan2
Novice

Re: RSA Tour squad

Post by onefisbetterthan2 »

Russ wrote:Lol at the notion of Ringpiece

I'll say it again. Running round donkey ryan after son of a biatch has run around shitcoyne then throwing a forward pass does not an international make
Say it all you want, the facts are he will end his career with more caps in the 13 shirt than Darren Cave. Not saying that is right, just saying it is a fact.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

onefisbetterthan2 wrote:
Russ wrote:Lol at the notion of Ringpiece

I'll say it again. Running round donkey ryan after son of a biatch has run around shitcoyne then throwing a forward pass does not an international make
Say it all you want, the facts are he will end his career with more caps in the 13 shirt than Darren Cave. Not saying that is right, just saying it is a fact.
BoD hated Cave. Therefore Cave was always talked down

BoD gets paid when ringpiece gets paid
onefisbetterthan2
Novice

rumncoke wrote:Of those Trimble and Bowe are both in their latter days as is Best
and Henry hasn't looked up to speed for a while to be included .

Names missing are Zebo and ToD who is closer to being an open side than Murphy

My concern at the moment is that in 24 months the best wingers will require replacement and there doesn't seem to many to replace them

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
both fair calls...forgot about Zebo (ahead of TOH at FB). ToD never seems to have Schmit trust, not sure why. He would likely be ahead of Henry (providing Schmit forgives him for choosing bonk over Bokke)

Wingers less of a concern; Healy will be a serious operator, Gilroy will improve, Earls & Zebo (FB notwithstanding) have plenty of miles on clock. also, wingers come through at,say 23 - 24 even in Ireland, unlike props, who seem to only come through much later after a long apprenticeship, so the chances are there are some in Academys who we haven't even heard of yet but will break through in the next few years
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Willie Le Roux was recently taken out in mid air and landed in an almost identical manner as O'Halloran, his assailant was red carded. It's interesting that Irish teams seldom seem to get a fair shout on red cards, anyone remember the Argie tighthead at the RWC when the officials chickened out there too?

http://www.rugbydump.com/2016/04/5045/w ... y-sees-red

Anyway, tour over, 3 six point margin games, Ireland failed to win the series thanks to having a coach who couldn't pick his nose................but apparently it's all Paddy Jackson fault.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

onefisbetterthan2 wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Of those Trimble and Bowe are both in their latter days as is Best

My concern at the moment is that in 24 months the best wingers will require replacement and there doesn't seem to many to replace them

both fair calls...forgot about Zebo (ahead of TOH at FB). ToD never seems to have Schmit trust, not sure why. He would likely be ahead of Henry (providing Schmit forgives him for choosing bonk over Bokke)

Wingers less of a concern; Healy will be a serious operator, Gilroy will improve, Earls & Zebo (FB notwithstanding) have plenty of miles on clock. also, wingers come through at,say 23 - 24 even in Ireland, unlike props, who seem to only come through much later after a long apprenticeship, so the chances are there are some in Academys who we haven't even heard of yet but will break through in the next few years
Just thought given the 2 bits in red you should know that Healy is 27. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Joe can now have some serious selection headaches in the autumn.
SOB and POM will spice up the back row.
Hopefully Cian Healy will be in full health again though Jack has been splendid.

Furlong should ease Rossie out. He came of age out there. Toner and Henderson are now fully established but have Dillane breathing down their necks. Jordi and RR are back in the frame too.

We are a bit light at scrum half. Marmion doesn't get much game time as Murray is so good.
The Jackson/Sexton tussle should be good. And lots more outside in the backs. McCloskey and Ringrose will come back into the equation as well. TOH had a good if pretty rough start.
Bowe and Zeebs to come back in...

I haven't seen Ireland with such strength for a long time. Pity Joe's unfortunate kid is an uncertainty.
onefisbetterthan2
Novice

BaggyTrousers wrote:
onefisbetterthan2 wrote:

Tis true Mr Trousers....

Given that Healy made this breakthrough for Connacht in around 2012, when he was, let me guess 23 - 24, I'd suggest that you have just proven my point about wingers coming through in their mid - twenties :thumleft:

My point is that he will be a serious operator when he gets a run of games in the Irish team, which will happen sooner rather than later
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Healy very dangerous ball in hand and equally a liability without it unfortunately at international level the latter is more important especially if you play for Ireland .

The big plus for Trimble is when he tackles his opponent knows it neither Zebo Earls Gilroy Healy or Fitzgerald can impose their personality to the same degree in defence and when going into contact .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
clearlyoffside
Novice

Post by clearlyoffside »

would Adeolokun be able to play for Ireland?
he looks like he could be another promising winger.

Bundee Aki also becomes IQ in 2017 and if he choses to play for Ireland, there'll be a lot of competition when it comes down to centre.
clearlyoffside
Novice

Post by clearlyoffside »

Le Roux has been given a 1 week suspension.
http://citizen.co.za/1179309/springbok- ... suspended/

didn't expect any other result really, given that O'Stander got a week
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

clearlyoffside wrote:would Adeolokun be able to play for Ireland?
he looks like he could be another promising winger.

Bundee Aki also becomes IQ in 2017 and if he choses to play for Ireland, there'll be a lot of competition when it comes down to centre.
No reason why not, he was educated in the country and has been here for donkeys years. I assume but don't know if he is officially IQ.

On Aki, when he was signed he said one reason he was coming was because he wanted to and intended to play international rugby for Ireland. At the time I thought him a presumptuous bollix but he has been sensational.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

onefisbetterthan2 wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
onefisbetterthan2 wrote:

Tis true Mr Trousers....

Given that Healy made this breakthrough for Connacht in around 2012, when he was, let me guess 23 - 24, I'd suggest that you have just proven my point about wingers coming through in their mid - twenties :thumleft:

My point is that he will be a serious operator when he gets a run of games in the Irish team, which will happen sooner rather than later

Ya think? Nah not really, if you think so, your idea of making a breakthrough doesn't mesh with mine, therefore we have to assume you are wrong for I am of course a renowned expert ............if only in my own mind. :lol: :lol: :lol:
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Unfortunately Healy doesn't seem to have the size factor to be a serious contender but a player who could feature if injuries force others out .

The fact is that coaches like players with experience and 60 minutes doesn't tick enough boxes . To unseat those ahead of him .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Ok
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

rumncoke wrote:Unfortunately Healy doesn't seem to have the size factor to be a serious contender but a player who could feature if injuries force others out .

The fact is that coaches like players with experience and 60 minutes doesn't tick enough boxes . To unseat those ahead of him .

I have not looked up sizes but surely Healy is as big as Earls or Gilroy. Anyway, his game is not based on size but pace, like his fellow Connacht wing Adeolukun, who is also Irish qualified.