Qualifying Rugby

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Re: Qualifying Rugby

Post by Gerald the Mole »

I wonder if another backpacking 9 will turn up in the Gold Coast, just by chance :roll:
drumbo diehard
Novice

Post by drumbo diehard »

Instonians sign coach Rodger Wilson and player coach Lewis Stevenson , thereby doubling their pack weight
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Gerald the Mole wrote:I wonder if another backpacking 9 will turn up in the Gold Coast, just by chance :roll:
One backpacked all the way up from Dublin to the academy?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

Stevenson will be ridiculous at that level!
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

dublane wrote:Stevenson will be ridiculous at that level!
He puts his all into it and he should practically be unstoppable, knew about Roger but Stevenson has come as a massive surprise. The one thing I was thinking about is how much heavier he should be compared to your average qualifying second row, will the lads be able to lift him quickly? Though given how much Instonians use their backrowers in the lineout he could just be used as a lifter I suppose.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

therealspratt wrote:
dublane wrote:Stevenson will be ridiculous at that level!
He puts his all into it and he should practically be unstoppable, knew about Roger but Stevenson has come as a massive surprise. The one thing I was thinking about is how much heavier he should be compared to your average qualifying second row, will the lads be able to lift him quickly? Though given how much Instonians use their backrowers in the lineout he could just be used as a lifter I suppose.
The Stevenson thing was kept quite secret as I think he had other offers on the table. My understanding is that his academic commitments meant that he wanted to be in Belfast and did not want to have long away trips down south with an AIL club.
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

Hopefully this will be the push needed to get instonians up into ail, the club seems to be much healthier these day than when they were previously there
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

Any truth in james mckinney and paddy wallace both turning out for CIYMS this year?
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

Had heard McKinney was going there as player coach.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Donaghadee, Whats happening there, Towns Cup finalists a few years ago, now freefall,
Coleraine : Emptied the piggybank and favourites to go up
CIYMS: what can you say , will be the bridesmaid but not the bride, geat backline, old fatboys in the pack
Larne: Dark horses, and playing nice rugby
Limavady: growing into a strong contender
Academy: need to do better, oh and grow up
UUC: between them and Dee fighting for bottom place and second bottom will still go down
Grosvenor: will always take a big scalp but will finish 4/5, no team relish a match at their "home"
Randalstown: undecided
Lisburn: will just stay up 8th place
________________________________________________________________________________
Ballyclare: Boot boys will punish a fe teams at home
Portadown: My favourites
Instonians: The Arrogance will be their downfall, 2nd place
Omagh: very impressive and years of hard work paying off, they will surprise some, only team to upset the apple cart. Towns Cup beckons
Ards annd CV: fighting for last
Dromore: mid table maybe 4th
Carrick, last years hard work will be ruined ,
Enniskillen: will alway push for a top two place, guess they will finish 3rd, tdue to missing BPs
Cooke: who cares.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

PSNI: to steal it, again not crossing the Border is an unfair advantage , shame on them
Ballymoney:
Lurgan: Playing buckfast rugby, old and beautiful
Strabane: will be hard to beat at home.
Virginia: bit life a wolf, huff and puff, but their ambitions outweigh reality
The Rest: anyone's guess but Letterkenny will struggle

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Lisburn already sick of the sight of CI, hosted them in the league and the junior cup - beat 0-74 and 12-41 in the process. Larne have had a good start, had a big win over Lisburn on Sat.

Does seem a bit harsh for the other teams in Q2 to have to face someone of McKinney's standard. Stevenson playing in Q1 seemed bad enough, until he got his contract down in Galway.
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

The dee are awful. Coleraine could put out 2 sides that would beat them. Larne will beat a lot of teams. Ci will fancy themselves for promotion
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Why would teams see playing against McKinney as harsh, is it because of his bone crunching tackles. I hear the guy is enjoying his rugby, harsh!
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Franco Maggiolo,maybe he is playing for free and his granny paid for the flight
IMG_1718.PNG
IMG_1718.PNG (239.03 KiB) Viewed 1917 times
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Donaghadee, Whats happening there, Towns Cup finalists a few years ago, now freefall,
Coleraine : Emptied the piggybank and favourites to go up
CIYMS: what can you say , will be the bridesmaid but not the bride, geat backline, old fatboys in the pack
Larne: Dark horses, and playing nice rugby
Limavady: growing into a strong contender
Academy: need to do better, oh and grow up
UUC: between them and Dee fighting for bottom place and second bottom will still go down
Grosvenor: will always take a big scalp but will finish 4/5, no team relish a match at their "home"
Randalstown: undecided
Lisburn: will just stay up 8th place
________________________________________________________________________________
Ballyclare: Boot boys will punish a fe teams at home
Portadown: My favourites
Instonians: The Arrogance will be their downfall, 2nd place
Omagh: very impressive and years of hard work paying off, they will surprise some, only team to upset the apple cart. Towns Cup beckons
Ards annd CV: fighting for last
Dromore: mid table maybe 4th
Carrick, last years hard work will be ruined ,
Enniskillen: will alway push for a top two place, guess they will finish 3rd, tdue to missing BPs
Cooke: who cares.

PSNI: to steal it, again not crossing the Border is an unfair advantage , shame on them
Ballymoney:
Lurgan: Playing buckfast rugby, old and beautiful
Strabane: will be hard to beat at home.
Virginia: bit life a wolf, huff and puff, but their ambitions outweigh reality
The Rest: anyone's guess but Letterkenny will struggle

How are these prediction's shaking out? time for a mid season review and update Gerald?