Vs Ospreys 01-10-16

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

launish116
Initiate

Re: Vs Ospreys 01-10-16

Post by launish116 »

Lost contact area so much tonight.

Going to see a lot of teams ignoring rucks and fanning out against us
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

What I like to call, using the get out of jail free card.

More later.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

launish116 wrote:Lost contact area so much tonight.

Going to see a lot of teams ignoring rucks and fanning out against us
With FNW teams couldnt do that as he'd pick and go through the ruck

Alas we have lost that
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:Is it over. I'm incommunicado in Spain
You were lucky Merv, any paint drying over there as watching would have been a good alternative
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

A few brief thoughts.

Treadwell is massive, and did some hard hitting tonight.

Ospreys defence was absolutely outstanding. Aided by some high quality cheating of course or "work at the breakdown" as some call it. Either way it felt like they had 20 men on the field and we really struggled to stretch their defence.

We were better than them with the ball. Ulster dominated that match really, in my mind, they didn't really create much pressure on us.

How good is Louis Ludik?! He is fast becoming one of the most important players in the squad. In an area of such depth positionally, he'll be very, very hard to drop. Man of the match to me. Such passion on display.

We are in very deep trouble in the absence of Pienaar. We would not have won that game without him.

Payne must play 15.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

They were smarter than us all night and shut us down. Fortunately we just had enough, but we really did get out of gaol.
Piutau's passing is abysmal at times. Keep him on the wing.
Webb and Biggar were excellent as were Tipuric and Wyn-Jones. Cheats to a man, but they get away with it.
With the best will in the world I wanted Marshall to go well and he has as big a heart as you could ever want from a player, but his delivery was accurate enough tonight, but too slow. He's not good enough to be a real alternative to Ruan.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Is it over. I'm incommunicado in Spain
You were lucky Merv, any paint drying over there as watching would have been a good alternative
Unless of course Mervyn is a fan of stultifyingly dull negative rugby........There was zero chance of a game breaking out.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

1. We already knew Robbie Diack is not a ball-carrying 6. We now know in our pack shorn of Nick Williams (and missing Henderson), we need a ball carrier besides big Rodney (who did all right).

2. Roger is done, not only is the tank empty after about 20mins, but I think the engine is off a cylinder - well down on power and rarely breaks the gainline. as above - we can't rely on Wilson and Diack punching holes against a good side if Henderson isn't there.

3. If defenses fan out - why are we not picking and driving to such them back in?

4. At about the hour mark, it was clear to see we were running sideways without ever breaking through. How much longer would it have to run on before PJ realised that maybe a drop goal would be as good as it would get?

5. Pete Brown would have been a handy man to bring on. He may only make a couple of metres here and there, but fairly consistently makes them.

6. Piatau can't pass.

7. Payne is our best 15. He is our best 15 by quite a distance. The discussion on this is closed. Any idiot that wants to argue otherwise can f**k off to facebook and do so there.

8. Is Kieran Marmion free at the end of the season?
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Webb and Biggar are banker.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Amiga500 wrote:1. We already knew Robbie Diack is not a ball-carrying 6. We now know in our pack shorn of Nick Williams (and missing Henderson), we need a ball carrier besides big Rodney (who did all right).

2. Roger is done, not only is the tank empty after about 20mins, but I think the engine is off a cylinder - well down on power and rarely breaks the gainline. as above - we can't rely on Wilson and Diack punching holes against a good side if Henderson isn't there.

3. If defenses fan out - why are we not picking and driving to such them back in?

4. At about the hour mark, it was clear to see we were running sideways without ever breaking through. How much longer would it have to run on before PJ realised that maybe a drop goal would be as good as it would get?

5. Pete Brown would have been a handy man to bring on. He may only make a couple of metres here and there, but fairly consistently makes them.

6. Piatau can't pass.

7. Payne is our best 15. He is our best 15 by quite a distance. The discussion on this is closed. Any idiot that wants to argue otherwise can f**k off to facebook and do so there.

8. Is Kieran Marmion free at the end of the season?
Nope but John Cooney is and he's a bit more consistent than Marmion, though I'm sceptical about how high his ceiling is.

Though knowing the way we've done things in the past we could well end up dragging Heaney back in.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

therealspratt wrote:
Amiga500 wrote: 8. Is Kieran Marmion free at the end of the season?
Nope but John Cooney is and he's a bit more consistent than Marmion, though I'm sceptical about how high his ceiling is.
Is he better than Marshall?

Having seen a few clips, he can be decent. But then if you seen a beagle highlight reel, you'd think hes amazeballs!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Ludik saved the game with that tackle... Payne is not a 13 and yet is he being made ready for the Autumn Internationals....

A win is a win.. but our goal kicking is probably the worse in the league..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Maybe Les Kiss is just a different level of brilliant - picking a side and playing tactics that will get us the win in the last minute with no injuries and a few players rested for next week and the Euro games. :roll: .

Top of the table looking good Us 21, Turnips 19 and Mexicans 18
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

We tried to arm wrestle a clearly stronger pack. I thought Alun Sin Jones was superb. Snuffed us out. A gameplan built for a Hendy.

On the plus side good set piece again and stuck at it.

p's pass isn't his biggest problem. Ruan is at the ruck knowing exactly what he is about to do. p has a wee meerkat about first. Makes all the difference. Don't think Marmion is out of contract this season anyway.

2 try saving tackles from Lulu and Payne. Dunno how Jared caught Walker. He's away home limping as per.

Agree need Payne at 15 and CP on wing. Said it before the match and think that backs it up.

Do TV think Ludik is a ginger? 2 weeks in a row my MOTM and Paddy gets it.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

A glimpse into the future tonight chaps!

Life without Pienaar is looking bleak.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND