Question on numbers….

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Question on numbers….

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
Russ wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:I note the IRFU states 153,000 registered players which I presume means at senior level.... although if so the figure of 35,000 for Ulster might even be considered a tad low.

At 35,000 that must work out at over 2,300 club teams playing every week..
If I'm a member at 2 clubs in Ulster and 1 in London. What am I?
Being a member and being a registered player is two different things are they not? You can't be registered in two unions unless one of those teams is a university and your a current student, and only then can you play for the university ,

Russ , are you in arrears with your club subs? If not your earning too much money son.
We always feel like we should be earning more

I'm also registered as a full time student

All about those international tickets
He is also a £3 labour party member.
Who knows Corbyn tried to get David Miliband to stand in Richmond but he declined so Corbyn has decreed Labour will not contest Richmond
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

are these virtual rugby player stats just to keep up with KPI's?

Rooster… where are the best places to look for 30,000 mocked up sheep sorry rugby players dotted around the province..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
striker
Novice

Post by striker »

Average of about 50 fixtures total involving adult teams in Ulster clubs each week (ulster Branch website) which would equate to approx 1500 adult players-being a member of a club the adult game has diminished shockingly in the last number of years-mini rugby is a big catch but to be honest is a creche facility in a lot of cases and is there any throughput into the clubs later once they move on?
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

striker wrote:Average of about 50 fixtures total involving adult teams in Ulster clubs each week (ulster Branch website) which would equate to approx 1500 adult players-being a member of a club the adult game has diminished shockingly in the last number of years-mini rugby is a big catch but to be honest is a creche facility in a lot of cases and is there any throughput into the clubs later once they move on?
But, you have to be wrong, adult rugby is thriving in Ulster with more games than ever being played.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:are these virtual rugby player stats just to keep up with KPI's?

Rooster… where are the best places to look for 30,000 mocked up sheep sorry rugby players dotted around the province..
I would say the Sperrins around Dungiven and you could check the South Armagh hills and best check the Cooley mountain as well just in case Leinster have borrowed some for the annual head count, mind you the ones you find in South Armagh might have been borrowed from Leinster in which case there won't be any on Cooley if you get my drift, best to send out a letter with notice that you intend to do a head count so the figure match up and pray Leinster don't check their number on the same day.
When you are checking the Sperrins ones watch out for lorries with DL plates dropping some off and don't count them twice when you head to Donegal, neither lot up there realise they are part of Ulster !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cockatrice wrote:Does anyone know the so called break down for rugby players in Ulster?
Surely they just make those numbers up. Nobody really cares.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BR wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Does anyone know the so called break down for rugby players in Ulster?
I asked one of those nice little committee members and they tell me 4,700 registered players. A long way short of the 35,000 players claimed but as you say who apart from the KPI's checkers actually cares… Gone are the days anyhow when you could be picked out playing for your club and find yourself in the Ulster team. Its now all about being picked out at schools level and fed into the system.. no real room for late development..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cockatrice wrote:
BR wrote:
I asked one of those nice little committee members and they tell me 4,700 registered players. A long way short of the 35,000 players claimed but as you say who apart from the KPI's checkers actually cares… Gone are the days anyhow when you could be picked out playing for your club and find yourself in the Ulster team. Its now all about being picked out at schools level and fed into the system.. no real room for late development..
Damn you! Are you suggesting I give up on my dream of an Ulster cap?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

BR wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
BR wrote:
You could always buy one here
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

pwrmoore wrote:
BR wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
BR wrote:
I already own ALL those except for the Armagh one (in which I would not be seen dead).
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
BR wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
BR wrote: Surely they just make those numbers up. Nobody really cares.
I already own ALL those except for the Armagh one (in which I would not be seen dead).
That is neither the City or County coat of arms, it's the GAA version
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote: That is neither the City or County coat of arms, it's the GAA version
I have no prejudice - I dislike all three!
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Some rare wans there. The white NI one with green and orange font is interesting and Scotch Irish :scratch: Must be something to do with whiskey.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:Some rare wans there. The white NI one with green and orange font is interesting and Scotch Irish :scratch: Must be something to do with whiskey.
Probably half of them designed by Trump voters.
Rory Best