Barnet Bellends, an endlessly fascinating club

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Barnet Bellends, an endlessly fascinating club

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:
scrum5 wrote:North and Roberts, not a creative bone in their bodies and the Welsh wonder why they are poor, when these 2 almost certainly seem to start every game, Charteris and Moriarty also playing in the AP
"Gatland's Law" is a complex thing, some of the guys playing in the AP are covered by it, some aren't. See below (via Wales Online)

So why is George North captured, but not Luke Charteris?

It’s understood both players believed they wouldn’t be impacted on the basis there were no offers on the table from inside Wales when they signed for Northampton and Bath respectively.

The WRU have taken a different opinion over North and deemed him captured, whereas Charteris is not effected.

It all seems to come down to exactly when a formal approach was made by a Welsh team.

My understanding is it’s been adjudged the offer to Charteris came after he had already committed to Bath.

Why aren’t the likes of Leigh Halfpenny and Ross Moriarty captured?

Both Cardiff Blues and the Scarlets wanted to bring Halfpenny home to Wales, yet he opted to stay with Toulon. However, he won’t be captured as the third year option was in his original contract.

Moriarty’s current deal with Gloucester pre-dates the Law coming into effect and the same goes for Leicester fly-half Owen Williams, Bristol lock Ian Evans and Gloucester duo Richard Hibbard and James Hook.

As mentioned above, the current limits are 3 this year, 4 for 17/18 and 18/19 and then down to 2 for 19/20, but as you can see it has caveats etc so there is room for them to move the goalposts etc.
The Welsh are full of shiite
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Neill_M wrote:
scrum5 wrote:North and Roberts, not a creative bone in their bodies and the Welsh wonder why they are poor, when these 2 almost certainly seem to start every game, Charteris and Moriarty also playing in the AP
"Gatland's Law" is a complex thing, some of the guys playing in the AP are covered by it, some aren't. See below (via Wales Online)

So why is George North captured, but not Luke Charteris?

It’s understood both players believed they wouldn’t be impacted on the basis there were no offers on the table from inside Wales when they signed for Northampton and Bath respectively.

The WRU have taken a different opinion over North and deemed him captured, whereas Charteris is not effected.

It all seems to come down to exactly when a formal approach was made by a Welsh team.

My understanding is it’s been adjudged the offer to Charteris came after he had already committed to Bath.

Why aren’t the likes of Leigh Halfpenny and Ross Moriarty captured?

Both Cardiff Blues and the Scarlets wanted to bring Halfpenny home to Wales, yet he opted to stay with Toulon. However, he won’t be captured as the third year option was in his original contract.

Moriarty’s current deal with Gloucester pre-dates the Law coming into effect and the same goes for Leicester fly-half Owen Williams, Bristol lock Ian Evans and Gloucester duo Richard Hibbard and James Hook.

As mentioned above, the current limits are 3 this year, 4 for 17/18 and 18/19 and then down to 2 for 19/20, but as you can see it has caveats etc so there is room for them to move the goalposts etc.
Classic rule bendage (I.e. Bullsh1t) Image.
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

Now Liam Williams linked with them for next season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/38143080
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Will Skelton has joined on a short-term deal.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Neill_M wrote:Will Skelton has joined on a short-term deal.
Not etzebeth then
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: not very Sarriescum behaviour
Brad Barritt has apologised to Exeter Chiefs second-row Geoff Parling after his high tackle left Parling unconscious
Barritt and Richard Barrington has since been cited by the Rugby Football Union
The pair will appear before a Rugby Football Union disciplinary panel in London on Tuesday

Saracens prop Richard Barrington and centre Brad Barritt could face bans for a dangerous tackle on Exeter lock Geoff Parling during Saturday’s 13-13 draw.

Barrington was sent off for his part in the incident, which led to Parling being stretchered off. The 27-year-old has been charged with dangerous charging while Barritt, 30, has been cited for dangerous tackling.

“No-one likes seeing a fellow player get injured, and it’s even more disappointing when I’m involved,” revealed Saracens captain Barritt in a statement.

“I take responsibility for my misjudgement of the tackle and assure you no malice was intended.”
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote::scratch: :scratch: :scratch: not very Sarriescum behaviour
Brad Barritt has apologised to Exeter Chiefs second-row Geoff Parling after his high tackle left Parling unconscious
Barritt and Richard Barrington has since been cited by the Rugby Football Union
The pair will appear before a Rugby Football Union disciplinary panel in London on Tuesday

Saracens prop Richard Barrington and centre Brad Barritt could face bans for a dangerous tackle on Exeter lock Geoff Parling during Saturday’s 13-13 draw.

Barrington was sent off for his part in the incident, which led to Parling being stretchered off. The 27-year-old has been charged with dangerous charging while Barritt, 30, has been cited for dangerous tackling.

“No-one likes seeing a fellow player get injured, and it’s even more disappointing when I’m involved,” revealed Saracens captain Barritt in a statement.

“I take responsibility for my misjudgement of the tackle and assure you no malice was intended.”
Show public remorse for damage limitation

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Calum Clark joining Sorries ....a marriage made in heaven
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

scrum5 wrote:Calum Clark joining Sorries ....a marriage made in heaven
Are northampton clearing their toxicity?

222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Clark is a Bellend
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

222toHounslow wrote:Clark is a Bellend
He's a violent thug who should be behind bars for his actions on a rugby pitch

If he did what he did on that pitch when out on a Saturday night he'd be facing 5-10

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
222toHounslow wrote:Clark is a Bellend
He's a violent thug who should be behind bars for his actions on a rugby pitch

If he did what he did on that pitch when out on a Saturday night he'd be facing 5-10

Probably other days too.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

No doubt about it Russ.

With Williams and Clark signed, all they need is Hartley to complete the set
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Mark McCall said he would be devastated if any of his players play acted on the pitch :duh:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bellend News: Everyone's least favourite Sorrybastard Vunipola Jr say assisted off the pitch today in his second comeback match. Feck'im, I will never forget him, at Spanners mocking the crowd.

Let's hope it's nothing trivial. Strangely I'm on a run of players I despise getting wrecked, what with Puffing Billy, Visa Nacewa & that arsehole Tuilagi Minor.........of course you can add the good guys, Rory and Marcell as crocked, and who knows about Girrid and Mr "Minor eye trauma myarse", well who knows.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.