Ulster Vs Zebre Fri 25th November @ 7.35pm BBCNI

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Re: Ulster Vs Zebre Fri 25th November @ 7.35pm BBCNI

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Pitch a tad hard.
Ha ha amateur hour
FRB
Initiate

Post by FRB »

Just pathetic from UR. Connacht and Glasgow on. No (visible) effort by UR to counter the conditions. Unprofessional, pathetic and unacceptable. What a useless shower.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

FRB wrote:Just pathetic from UR. Connacht and Glasgow on. No (visible) effort by UR to counter the conditions. Unprofessional, pathetic and unacceptable. What a useless shower.
Playing in Llanelli with no issues either.
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Great fun watching The Ladyboys getting busted!
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

This has been a pish poor week from the behind the scenes folk at Ulster Rugby.

Am I the only one to be drunk off at being asked to fork out money to buy tickets for Begles game when Ulster can't tell us a date or KO time? I may be wrong, but as far as I can see it's for no other reason than to get our money off us & into their coffers quicker. Am I wrong?

The weather forecast has been predicting cold weather all week & what action do we take? Zero as far as I can see. Amateur behaviour ... a long long way from world class!!
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

https://twitter.com/OfficialIrishFA

Have a look at a wendyball pitch....
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Woops, wrong thread.
Last edited by Jackie Brown on Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

When they applied for the money for the stadium they should have included a pitch heating system
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
FRB
Initiate

Post by FRB »

I agree but it isn't even the issue. It is the unprofessional Al lack of foresight and planning. Amateur hour par excellance.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:When they applied for the money for the stadium they should have included a pitch heating system

IN my usual friendly way I engaged a couple of Eventsecers in banter, one told me they have undersoil heating at Windsor and still as we see they have the pitch covered and a huge appliance working to keep it playable.

My Eventsec informant told me the following:

-Hot air blowers on the pitch before the ground opened
-The Ref looked at the pitch at 5pm, shook his head immediately, game off ................but.....
-UR got the several dozens of Eventsecers onto the pitch to march up & down to try to soften the surface.
- Groundsman came out with the ref, tried to put a screwdriver into the turf, couldn't, ref again shook his head

So, we've had a baltic week, a baltic weather forecast & yet the pitch has been left exposed all week. Rumour reaches me that the groundsman didn't want covers on the pitch as he didn't want it sweating and getting soft & soggy.

Caveat: the source of this info may or may not know the difference between his furry hoop & a hole in the ground.

I believe it fair to call this a classic UR screw up, the weather has been the same for more or less the entire week, this was not an unexpected cold snap, to have made no effort to keep the pitch playable is a joke. I feel very sorry for both the travelling Zebre supporters, the team, officials & their travelling families in some cases.

I feel broke to the bone for Charless whose mother & father were over this week to see him play for Ulster.

I had a couple of pints and a chat to a few good guys - you know who you are >EW - and made it safely to Bangor on the Lough, no great harm done ...................however this is not untypical of UR feckin' things up.

Pityful. :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Bring Humph On!! wrote:This has been a pish poor week from the behind the scenes folk at Ulster Rugby.

Am I the only one to be drunk off at being asked to fork out money to buy tickets for Begles game when Ulster can't tell us a date or KO time? I may be wrong, but as far as I can see it's for no other reason than to get our money off us & into their coffers quicker. Am I wrong?

The weather forecast has been predicting cold weather all week & what action do we take? Zero as far as I can see. Amateur behaviour ... a long long way from world class!!
Money in the coffers... like knowing full well the match would be off all day but swearing blind it was on, then inviting everyone who had turned up in to spend money on food and beer.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:When they applied for the money for the stadium they should have included a pitch heating system

IN my usual friendly way I engaged a couple of Eventsecers in banter, one told me they have undersoil heating at Windsor and still as we see they have the pitch covered and a huge appliance working to keep it playable.

My Eventsec informant told me the following:

-Hot air blowers on the pitch before the ground opened
-The Ref looked at the pitch at 5pm, shook his head immediately, game off ................but.....
-UR got the several dozens of Eventsecers onto the pitch to march up & down to try to soften the surface.
- Groundsman came out with the ref, tried to put a screwdriver into the turf, couldn't, ref again shook his head

So, we've had a baltic week, a baltic weather forecast & yet the pitch has been left exposed all week. Rumour reaches me that the groundsman didn't want covers on the pitch as he didn't want it sweating and getting soft & soggy.

Caveat: the source of this info may or may not know the difference between his furry hoop & a hole in the ground.

I believe it fair to call this a classic UR screw up, the weather has been the same for more or less the entire week, this was not an unexpected cold snap, to have made no effort to keep the pitch playable is a joke. I feel very sorry for both the travelling Zebre supporters, the team, officials & their travelling families in some cases.

I feel broke to the bone for Charless whose mother & father were over this week to see him play for Ulster.

I had a couple of pints and a chat to a few good guys - you know who you are >EW - and made it safely to Bangor on the Lough, no great harm done ...................however this is not untypical of UR feckin' things up.

Pityful. :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:
Aw gutted for the Piutau's that is really crap.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
bassbostoncup
Novice

Post by bassbostoncup »

Bad planning all things considered
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Is this part of the Ulster Values?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:I never thought I'd see the day when Baggy needed nothing more than a good cuddle ... alas not being as gay as the next man I wont be volunteering.

Don't you worry biy, I have hugs lined up, indeed one woman might be gettin' a Killinchy Muffler. :lol: Lock up yer wives. :thumleft:
Holy shiit, the Killinchy Muffler? Boy, she made a man out of me.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND