Dylan makes the headlines again

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Dylan makes the headlines again

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:
colind wrote:Bang goes the Lions captaincy

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Doubt it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Interesting shift in the betting for the Lions captaincy.

Last time I looked there wasn't much between Hartley and Warburton with Rory third.

Now Warburton is a slight favourite with Rory not far behind.
Hartley is now 4th in the betting behind Alun Wynn-Jones.

Gatland has hinted that the job will go to someone who skippers his national side. He didn't say if being a complete bellend would rule anyone out.
Captain needs to be guaranteed his place in the test team. As it stands Alun Wynn-Jones would be in my test team. Warburton wouldn't.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:
colind wrote:Bang goes the Lions captaincy

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Doubt it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Interesting shift in the betting for the Lions captaincy.

Last time I looked there wasn't much between Hartley and Warburton with Rory third.

Now Warburton is a slight favourite with Rory not far behind.
Hartley is now 4th in the betting behind Alun Wynn-Jones.

Gatland has hinted that the job will go to someone who skippers his national side. He didn't say if being a complete bellend would rule anyone out.
Captain needs to be guaranteed his place in the test team. As it stands Alun Wynn-Jones would be in my test team. Warburton wouldn't.
Gatland will select Warburton
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Hartley was a bad idea at the start for Lions captain, now he has shown he is still a disciiplinary nightmare he should be absolutely ruled out, but with Garland who knows.

Warburton would be a terrible choice, as Snipe says he isn't a guaranteed starter (and for that actually not the sort of impact player to be on the bench). AWJ is likely to be fairly nailed on, and would make a decent choice.

Having said that, anyone know of an international captain who has beaten the all blacks??
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

I have a feeling it'll be AWJ. Rory hasn't a hope with Gatland in charge. Rory wasn't even picked for the squad last time round so why would he pick him for squad captain? I know 4 years is a long time in rugby world but I don't think Gatland rates Rory highly.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Eggs wrote:Hartley was a bad idea at the start for Lions captain, now he has shown he is still a disciiplinary nightmare he should be absolutely ruled out, but with Garland who knows.

Warburton would be a terrible choice, as Snipe says he isn't a guaranteed starter (and for that actually not the sort of impact player to be on the bench). AWJ is likely to be fairly nailed on, and would make a decent choice.

Having said that, anyone know of an international captain who has beaten the all blacks??
Chris Robshaw
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

shamalicious wrote:I have a feeling it'll be AWJ. Rory hasn't a hope with Gatland in charge. Rory wasn't even picked for the squad last time round so why would he pick him for squad captain? I know 4 years is a long time in rugby world but I don't think Gatland rates Rory highly.
If you read the heavily edited video it appears Rowntree vetoed Best and Gatland wanted Best ...
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Ian Robertson on the radio this morning comparing Cheap Shot Hartley to Willie John McBride in terms of a Lions Captain....
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

The Boo Radleys wrote:Ian Robertson on the radio this morning comparing Cheap Shot Hartley to Willie John McBride in terms of a Lions Captain....
PR over drive

I noticed it earlier with the racist Hadid family too

They've been in PR overdrive since Gigi was racist about Melania Trump

Funny how the world works
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The Boo Radleys wrote:Ian Robertson on the radio this morning comparing Cheap Shot Hartley to Willie John McBride in terms of a Lions Captain....
Should be a contract out on Robertson for that, Hartley has no right to be cleared in any way to WJ
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

What's the odds his ban gets him back a week before the 6 nations. Surely his 'clean record' in this new tournament will be in his favour.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

jean valjean wrote:What's the odds his ban gets him back a week before the 6 nations. Surely his 'clean record' in this new tournament will be in his favour.
It's a long running English saga, M Johnston used to be regularly banned until the week before the 6Ns.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

jean valjean wrote:What's the odds his ban gets him back a week before the 6 nations. Surely his 'clean record' in this new tournament will be in his favour.
I will be not be surprised if he gets 6 weeks with 2 weeks off for wearing a nice suit and a further 2 weeks off for saying he was sorry, they will add a week because he has a record of bans and they will take a week off because SOB is still alive so he will be fit to play from Monday 26th December 2016
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

High end for the offence starts at 10 weeks, that was unquestionably high end as SOB was subbed off injured, further there was no possible reason for the swinging arm/punch, it was an assault pure and simple.

So 10 weeks is the starting point, he has missed more than a year in suspensions, they must add something, so even with 2 weeks off for a sweet suit, if its anything short of 3 months it will be an outrage.

The good thing? It won't be an English disciplinary meeting, ECR or whatever they are now called. hopefully one of those hanging Scotsmen.

That said, 6 weeks wouldn't surprise me. We are 8 weeks from the 6Ns.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Borderlord
Novice

Post by Borderlord »

Surely the fact that SOB failed the HIA and was unable to retake the field will have a bearing on the case and will hopefully mean a ban of at least 12 weeks.

Sadly, like you Baggy I suspect that 6 weeks may well be the case.
Relax lads, it's only a game.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Has Rory been cited?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk