Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: RBS 6 Nations 2017

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote: If you take a look and if there's nothing on you take the DG shot.
Exactly, and I strongly suspect the instructions at HT were to keep the scoreboard moving.
Right so what he had was an assured 3 points but he gambled and went for 3 points.

Genius. :duh:
No, he didn't gamble. A missed DG would not have lost him his stake.

I'm not a great believer in taking DGs during kickable penalty advantages, but in the context of the game and looking at what else is on (I'm not a professional out half, so I can't second guess on that one), I can concede they can be a valid option. Better than setting the ball down, anyway.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

fuzzylogic wrote:
Deraless wrote:

Was he concerned about his stats or something? Different story over distance maybe but he's an international kicker. Would Farrell or 0.5p have said "Nah I'm going for the corner"? Also if there in fact was an argument it's not like Rory was asking him for his opinion.
Yes, AWJ wanted to kick for the posts yesterday and both Biggar and Halfpenny said no.
Well actually that was a disgrace

AWJ signalled to Lacey he wanted the shot and the kicking tee came on

The TJs went behind the posts than Dan the Ego Biggar kicked it to the corner with Lacey hastily telling his TJ to run around

Luckilt when Wales went for their patented 15 man lineout they fluffed it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote: If you take a look and if there's nothing on you take the DG shot.
Exactly, and I strongly suspect the instructions at HT were to keep the scoreboard moving.
Right so what he had was an assured 3 points but he gambled and went for 3 points.

I'm not a great believer in taking DGs during kickable penalty advantages, but in the context of the game and looking at what else is on (I'm not a professional out half, so I can't second guess on that one), I can concede they can be a valid option. Better than setting the ball down, anyway.
I've just reviewed the DG

It was 40m out and Bobbo was at 2nd receiver

The DG was The Loops only viable option

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:
fuzzylogic wrote:
Deraless wrote:

Was he concerned about his stats or something? Different story over distance maybe but he's an international kicker. Would Farrell or 0.5p have said "Nah I'm going for the corner"? Also if there in fact was an argument it's not like Rory was asking him for his opinion.
Yes, AWJ wanted to kick for the posts yesterday and both Biggar and Halfpenny said no.
Well actually that was a disgrace

AWJ signalled to Lacey he wanted the shot and the kicking tee came on

The TJs went behind the posts than Dan the Ego Biggar kicked it to the corner with Lacey hastily telling his TJ to run around

Luckilt when Wales went for their patented 15 man lineout they fluffed it

When I watched it, it looked to me that Lacey had only imagined AWJ indicating the shot. Lacey said, "Shot," while it was still very much under discussion amongst the Welsh leadership.

I assume Lacey realised his error and that's why he allowed the punt to the corner.

BTW - has Lacey got even quicker at calling 'once' on mauls? Seemed almost instantaneous yesterday.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Should we have played on for another try at the end? Could it have made any difference in a tight finish for the Championship with Engerland or was it more important to deny the French a LBP?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

postby big mervyn » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:26 pm

Should we have played on for another try at the end? Could it have made any difference in a tight finish for the Championship with Engerland or was it more important to deny the French a LBP?
Hard to know, there is a very real possibility that England take 5 points today and 4 points against the Scots, and we take 4 points against the Welsh, meaning that England would have a 3 point lead over us going into the last game. If we win and they get a losing BP then we will be tied up on points. What is the protocol then? Tries scored or head to head?
Mary had a little lamb . . .
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:

EXactly, he didn't gamble, pointless - well 3 points, but sure you know what I mean. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

fuzzylogic wrote:
postby big mervyn » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:26 pm

Hard to know, there is a very real possibility that England take 5 points today and 4 points against the Scots, and we take 4 points against the Welsh, meaning that England would have a 3 point lead over us going into the last game. If we win and they get a losing BP then we will be tied up on points. What is the protocol then? Tries scored or head to head?
Good old 6Nations here are their rules :

1. The RBS 6 Nations Championship is contested each season over seven weekends during February, March and sometimes April by the international sides of France, England, Ireland, Italy, Scotland and Wales.
2. Each team plays the other five once per season with home advantage in alternate seasons (eg England hosted France in 2003, and so France host England in 2004), giving a total of 15 matches per Championship.
3. The following points will be awarded based on the results of each Match (such points to be referred to as "Match Points" to distinguish them from points scored on the field of play):
(i) The Union that wins the Match shall be awarded four Match Points or (if it scores four tries or more in the process) five Match Points.
(ii) The Union that loses the Match shall be awarded no Match Points or (if it scores four tries or more in the process or loses by a margin of seven points or fewer) one Match Point or (if it scores four tries or more in the process and loses by a margin of seven points or fewer) two Match Points.
(iii) Unions that draw a Match shall each be awarded two Match Points and any of them that scores four tries or more in the process shall be awarded a further one Match Point.
(iv) A Union that wins all five of its Matches (a "Grand Slam") shall be awarded a further three Match Points.
4. If in winning the Championship a team also wins all of their five matches, they are given the title of 'Grand Slam' winner.
5. There is also the title of 'Triple Crown' competed for each season, which is awarded if a team from the 4 Home Unions (England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales) beats each of the other 3 Home Unions.

It appears they saw no need to address a tie at the top of the table after 5 matches each.

For all it's worth, I believe we should go back to a shared title. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

SCW Lollo Dayglo and JW Toulon ... feck ITV

Colin0395
Novice

Post by Colin0395 »

Russ wrote:SCW Lollo Dayglo and JW Toulon ... feck ITV

I have no choice but to watch on ITV. Pretty much no mention of Italy in the build up.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Great to see Joe Marler determined to look like what he is - a scumbag.

Italy annihilating England 0-0 after 10 minutes.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Fuc'k sake lads if you though Ulster were bad you should see England. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ho ho ho, Farrell having a mare up to yet. This is the perfect antidote to the ULster shambles.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

If only Italy had a kicker .
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The English fans are apoplectic with misunderstanding. Italy not creating rucks, just tackles then flooding England's defence with players. Hartley had a word & Poite had to explain the rules.

However the entertainment is over, England try, Old King Cole.

5-0 Farrell's mare continues 25 minutes