KISS OUT

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ulster32
Novice

KISS OUT

Post by ulster32 »

Pish poor all season! A lot has to lie at the coaches door regardless of the lack of a forwards pack and the inability of the backs to pass the ball to each other :duh:
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Re: KISS OUT

Post by caledoniancelt »

ULSTER ARE BRILL!!

BELIEVE!!

SUFTUM!!!!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

For me the KISS factor has cost us three years of stagnation.. Year one the wait, year two we must allow him to bed in plus the dumb and dumber debacle kicks in and helps him deflect the heat and now for next year (year three) when we will have to again sit back and allow his choice of coaches to bed in and find their feet.

Only then will be be able to kick on towards World Domination the single most stupid sound bite from that excuse for a Cpl Jones that we have as CEO.

As for Peel being a Kiss choice consider that we went as fas as Esportif to find him.... and for the record this is not a dig at Peel no matter what people think of him he has a CV none of us ever got close to when playing so I am happy to sit back and enjoy another feck of a year that is Ulster Rugby.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Kiss is p!sh but Ulster as a team are un-coachable. Too many players happy to pick up the big money but unwilling to put the body on the line. Most of our young 'stars' think they've made the big time ... happy to be seen out getting coffee on the Lisburn Road or out in Ollies thinking they're Gods gift. It's been like that for years and will never change. Compare this to Munster/leinster players who's every burning desire is to pull on their provinces jersey and would fight to the death to do so. We've the same population as Leinster, twice as much as Munster and 3 as much as Connacht yet our academy produces average average average year after year. Most of our young forwards spend their lives in the gym but look like they've never seen a dumbbell in their lives. This forces us to trawl england/SA for 2nd rate manure that may have an Irish granny. In general, these foreign boys don't care too much but are happy to accept the coin and we've no other way around it with D4's ever tightening rules.

As for Kiss, his ever growing list of absolutely ridiculous decisions has possibly cost the career of Stuart Olding although I hope to God not. Been all over Europe following Ulster. After next week i'll not be spending a penny of my hard earned money on this jokeshop of an organisation. Rotten to the core.
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

Cockatrice wrote:For me the KISS factor has cost us three years of stagnation.. Year one the wait, year two we must allow him to bed in plus the dumb and dumber debacle kicks in and helps him deflect the heat and now for next year (year three) when we will have to again sit back and allow his choice of coaches to bed in and find their feet.

Only then will be be able to kick on towards World Domination the single most stupid sound bite from that excuse for a Cpl Jones that we have as CEO.

As for Peel being a Kiss choice consider that we went as fas as Esportif to find him.... and for the record this is not a dig at Peel no matter what people think of him he has a CV none of us ever got close to when playing so I am happy to sit back and enjoy another feck of a year that is Ulster Rugby.
If we are counting next year does that make it four years of stagnation? Year one with Doak in charge while we waited, year two where he arrived in November with this being year three.

With the price of season tickets at Ulster at a level comparative to or higher than all but Leinster I've renewed each year in the hope that next year will be better for each of the last three years and that the money going in is reflected on the pitch. Sadly, the clowns we have in charge has meant we've went backwards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
monkee
Novice

Post by monkee »

I prefer Farewell kiss. Though would that be within Ulster's remit? I really don't know who is accountable for this season. :scratch:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

HammerTime wrote:Kiss is p!sh but Ulster as a team are un-coachable. Too many players happy to pick up the big money but unwilling to put the body on the line. Most of our young 'stars' think they've made the big time ... happy to be seen out getting coffee on the Lisburn Road or out in Ollies thinking they're Gods gift. It's been like that for years and will never change. Compare this to Munster/leinster players who's every burning desire is to pull on their provinces jersey and would fight to the death to do so. We've the same population as Leinster, twice as much as Munster and 3 as much as Connacht yet our academy produces average average average year after year. Most of our young forwards spend their lives in the gym but look like they've never seen a dumbbell in their lives. This forces us to trawl england/SA for 2nd rate manure that may have an Irish granny. In general, these foreign boys don't care too much but are happy to accept the coin and we've no other way around it with D4's ever tightening rules.

As for Kiss, his ever growing list of absolutely ridiculous decisions has possibly cost the career of Stuart Olding although I hope to God not. Been all over Europe following Ulster. After next week i'll not be spending a penny of my hard earned money on this jokeshop of an organisation. Rotten to the core.
We have some of the best Barista's in the Pro 12. for the record Diack's wine is like his play.. shyte .
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

When does Jono actually get here?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

The only players to get animated and show any kind of aggression lately have been treadwell, reidy and marcell before he got Crocked. And not one of them born within country mile of this shithole. When u have crap tactics and poor skill levels, manic aggression can at least keep supporters on board.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

You know what? I'm a little tired of the "we have no pack mantra". Of course, they are not a great pack, but with the exceptions of Rory, Hendy, and Diack, were not to blame today, the pack produced enough ball to win three matches today, even with a dodgy set piece in which the lineout was just horrible.

Many here started the season saying what a great backline we have and a crap pack. Most have never let the scales fall from their eyes. The pack have their obvious weaknesses but they have in most games provided enough ball............if we actually had a great backline.

Our backs have foundered in the centres all year but still every bloody week we've had Luke with either McCloskey or Olding. No wonder the wingers have been frustrated all year. Can anyone remember a single game against a decent side when the backline has functioned?

Me neither.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Sue Dename
Novice

Post by Sue Dename »

BaggyTrousers wrote:You know what? I'm a little tired of the "we have no pack mantra". Of course, they are not a great pack, but with the exceptions of Rory, Hendy, and Diack, were not to blame today, the pack produced enough ball to win three matches today, even with a dodgy set piece in which the lineout was just horrible.

Many here started the season saying what a great backline we have and a crap pack. Most have never let the scales fall from their eyes. The pack have their obvious weaknesses but they have in most games provided enough ball............if we actually had a great backline.

Our backs have foundered in the centres all year but still every bloody week we've had Luke with either McCloskey or Olding. No wonder the wingers have been frustrated all year. Can anyone remember a single game against a decent side when the backline has functioned?

Me neither.

Best posting I've read for a long time !!
I cant see Piutau hanging around at the end of next season
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

BaggyTrousers wrote:You know what? I'm a little tired of the "we have no pack mantra". Of course, they are not a great pack, but with the exceptions of Rory, Hendy, and Diack, were not to blame today, the pack produced enough ball to win three matches today, even with a dodgy set piece in which the lineout was just horrible.

Me neither.
Take your point about enough ball baggy, but it is the quality of it that makes a difference to a backline (when they don't knock it on or feck it up). Far too often our 9 is digging the ball out between legs or fighting to release it from under a player. That comes from forwards winning the physical battle to get in the right shape to present the ball and the support players hammering the opposition to ensure it is clean. We just don't do that enough. This means the next attack is static and a sitting duck for the defence. Leinster are far and away the best in the league at this and every player does it well.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Last edited by jean valjean on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I'm no apologist for Kiss, but seriously can you blame that tripe solely on him????? Static forwards, Rodney Ah Feck.... Paul Marshall... Oh dear Lord.... Hendon has morphed into a pedestrian... Hands of burns victims, no idea what happens when you make a break.

Most of these players are, uninterested, unmotivated, clueless and skilless. Clarke has outWTF'd Rodney as a North Korean weapons grade Chocolat fireplace.

We should save money, pick 15 born and bred Ulster men and fight it out with Zebra each year for a shyte on a stick.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cornerfleg wrote:I'm no apologist for Kiss, but seriously can you blame that tripe solely on him????? Static forwards, Rodney Ah Feck.... Paul Marshall... Oh dear Lord.... Hendon has morphed into a pedestrian... Hands of burns victims, no idea what happens when you make a break.

Most of these players are, uninterested, unmotivated, clueless and skilless. Clarke has outWTF'd Rodney as a North Korean weapons grade Chocolat fireplace.

We should save money, pick 15 born and bred Ulster men and fight it out with Zebra each year for a shyte on a stick.
Some of the senior players were shocking today. Rory Best included. Les takes his blame for selections, tactics, defense etc. Les has been tolerating some mince performances all season. Roger, Bowe etc... I don't think Jono will stand for it. It would be hard for the players to come off the field and look Gibbes in the eye after playing 80 mins of dirtball.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Several threads with similar obvious themes but this one seems to be at least trying to figure out what is going on in this shambles of a season.

With our lack of Irish internationals I thought we would have a good chance of keeping a squad together and having a real tilt at the pro 12.
Yet we looked a completely incohesive unit devoid of passion or ideas.

Defensively we do not work in 3s which should be any teams manta, instead we are ones and twos making us easy to pick off.
Not even school boy/girl stuff.

Our attack play with the fake to pass wide but passing back inside to the wing was read yesterday by Tipuric and Co who had done their homework.
Yet we ran the same play 4 times.
Sums it up- no heads up going through the motions blindly following systems.

Stockdale is our only current linebreaker yet we bench him and shift him all over the backline instead of offering a youngster stability.
We are doing our best to wreck another outstanding talents head.

I understand Hammers post about the latte drinkers giving it large on the Lisburn Road but that is symptomatic of the culture that has been created.
I look at Munster and I see guys with less talent who have a connection with their support and their shirt.
Their is an acknowledgement that they have a priviledge and duty to both.
Bill Shankley regularly reminded his players they were playing for the supporters.
Between them they created a legacy.

We have lost that entirely and we need to reconnect with the support and shirt and restore a degree of humility and pride.

It can turn round suddenly as proved at Leinster and Munster this season.
We just need the personnel to drive it.
If anyone needs a big Willie we do.