TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ruckover wrote:Kieran Read's out of contract :stir:
It was only ever a matter of time before he couldn't resist the urge to drag a team from being useless to remotely acceptable. I hear he respects lesbians so much he could kiss them.

Apropos of nothing, I've decided to christen FOLK, St Vitus. FOLK, ya St Vitus dancer.

Anyone know if St Vitus lives in Sydenham with someone called Chorea?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:Wasn't even aware Sunderland had a rugby team. I live and learn.
Bet you hadn't heard of Barcelona rfc either?
>appl
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

With the downsizing of super rugby, we are in a relatively fortunate position, in that there may be a late run of players becoming available.
Any other year, we'd be stuffed at this late stage.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:With the downsizing of super rugby, we are in a relatively fortunate position, in that there may be a late run of players becoming available.
We are also downsizing squad so .........
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:With the downsizing of super rugby, we are in a relatively fortunate position, in that there may be a late run of players becoming available.
We are also downsizing squad so .........
We need to downsize Rodders.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:Wasn't even aware Sunderland had a rugby team. I live and learn.
Bet you hadn't heard of Barcelona rfc either?
>appl
:lol:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

At this late stage if I was told we were getting both Sean Dougall AND Dom Ryan I'd be contend. Mind I'd want both not one or other.

I don't really follow Super Rugby, who are the clubs that will be the likely casualties?

My understanding is with the exception of the Melbourne Rebels who are privately owned the other Australian clubs are owned by the union. Does this mean that even if a club is scrapped thats owned by the union their players now without a club are still contracted to the union? Therefore could be reassigned to another club? Just second guessing this could be possible..... ?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
At this late stage if I was told we were getting both Sean Dougall AND Dom Ryan I'd be contend. Mind I'd want both not one or other.
Neither of them are what we need. Powerful ball carrier is the key is the number one requirement.
My understanding is with the exception of the Melbourne Rebels who are privately owned the other Australian clubs are owned by the union. Does this mean that even if a club is scrapped thats owned by the union their players now without a club are still contracted to the union? Therefore could be reassigned to another club? Just second guessing this could be possible..... ?
I'd imagine their contracts allow for cancellation in the event of a team or teams folding. Probably some contrived compensation formula.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe Watson wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Neither of them are what we need. Powerful ball carrier is the key is the number one requirement.
I'd imagine their contracts allow for cancellation in the event of a team or teams folding. Probably some contrived compensation formula.
then maybe we have got lucky with Botha because he doesn't appear to be that big ball carrier we need.... CharlesP made more yards in one match that Botha did throughout the 2016 and 2015 seasons combined.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
then maybe we have got lucky with Botha because he doesn't appear to be that big ball carrier we need.... CharlesP made more yards in one match that Botha did throughout the 2016 and 2015 seasons combined.
Botha never was a big ball carrier anyway so no surprise
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Botha can't carry.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I hear we've signed a Pablo.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Yep.... but some here think that he was.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
I don't really follow Super Rugby, who are the clubs that will be the likely casualties?
Sunderland and Barcelona RFC ........... apparently ..........i think
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:
Rooster wrote:ined.
Yep.... but some here think that he was.[/quote]

Not what Marcell said lads, and Cockers FFS, a wing or fullback will run back 150-200 metres on a great day, try doing that up the middle into a shower of big Saffer ballixes.

Stockdale carried about 120 metres in 18 minutes in Swansea FFS. Not world record pace admittedly, my racing snail would be close to that after a good feed. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.