Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Re: Rugby Player Watch

Post by shamalicious »

jean valjean wrote:
bazzaj wrote:Cheers shammers.
Not sure it's just a Welsh thing as Tipuric is Welsh and no-one I know or on here would have a problem with his inclusion.
I think Gatland almost feels a debt to those who have done the business for him in the past.
AWJ, Halfpenny. Warbuton, Lydiate to name but a few.

However the one Welsh player that deserves to be there is Davies.
He used to be a defensive liability as he was a shooter but I think he learned a lot off BOD in the last tour.

His defensive and attacking options have been exemplary so far after an outstanding tour to Australia in 2013.
Integral for the Scarlets pro12 win this season too with his attacking flair.

Says a lot that he has come back from his kicking error v England this season that cost the game.
He is no frills gets on with his job and probably now one of the first names on everyone's lions team sheet despite never really getting the credit he deserves..

I can't remember too many centres who travel to New Zealand and don't get out performed and aren't considered world class but you could say he's even out performed them up until now.
As with SOB another good performance in the last test could cement his reputation.

This really totally feels like I have delivered the kiss of death for him now though.
Agree on Davis. Have always rated him and has a great turn of pace for a chunky lad. Our lukey should be a similar player for us, but seems to be missing something, perhaps decent coaching.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I'd like to think it's coaching. Lukey showed so much promise when he started senior rugby. Read somewhere (possibly here?) that he did well in Japan; I have hope for him yet.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

This thread is shyte.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Watched the test again there
Vunipola reminded my of Rodney with his attitude on the pitch

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Warburton is right up there with Franno as a waste of space on a rugby pitch
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

https://youtu.be/lqCbGk12-K4
Similar debate with Welsh pals of mime about Warburton and one sent me this as the case for the defence.

This is the problem as I replied back as that wasn't a highlights reel. that was basically all he did in 80'minutes of play.

Warbuton does a couple of these things a game which catch the eye and people assume that is what he spends the entire game doing.
I love the last example where as an example of slowing up ball he hits a few rucks and gets gets up totally wrecked bent over double with hands on his knees with the ball still in play on a turnover.
This bear in mind this was his best bits!

Happy to be proved wrong in the final test.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

bazzaj wrote:https://youtu.be/lqCbGk12-K4
Similar debate with Welsh pals of mime about Warburton and one sent me this as the case for the defence.

This is the problem as I replied back as that wasn't a highlights reel. that was basically all he did in 80'minutes of play.

Warbuton does a couple of these things a game which catch the eye and people assume that is what he spends the entire game doing.
I love the last example where as an example of slowing up ball he hits a few rucks and gets gets up totally wrecked bent over double with hands on his knees with the ball still in play on a turnover.
This bear in mind this was his best bits!

Happy to be proved wrong in the final test.
Unreal highlight reel
A few flops off his feet in a ruck
A bit of standing offside
A head high tackle
Some shyt chat to the ref
A missed tackle

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

No Russ that's called slowing up the ball nowadays.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Callum Black hasn't left :scratch:
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Why?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Neil Jenkins thinks Warbs is just awesome. Tries to compare his performance last week to that of SOB.

Jenkins - who helped the Lions to a series win in South Africa in 1997 - admitted it could take the 2017 squad years to appreciate the enormity if they registered the tourists' second-ever series win in New Zealand.

"Sean O'Brien's performances on this tour speak volumes," said Jenkins.

"He's been outstanding on this trip. He's a world-class rugby player, and he and Sam Warburton were outstanding last week.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

bazzaj wrote:

Be interesting to have done this to a few Ulster forwards in the past just to see exactly what they do.

Doesn't take long to write - "Ambled onto pitch and then slept for the next 80 minutes" :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

p's stats:

Knock on: 65
Fcuked up tap n go: 12
Box kicks out on full: 15
Own tries: 3
Missed tackles: 48
Thinking your Lomu: 32
Contract renewal: 1
drunk off fan: All
Fcuks given by Les: 0

FOLK
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

WARBURTON PLAYER WATCH 2

Saw a few comments about Warburtons justified selection and I thought similar things so I decided to do another player watch to back up the consensus.

I have taken it as read that he is an extremely proficient lineout operator so I thought I would replace that with rucks involved category being as he went Mia last week.
The ruck involvement does not include influence, just ones he could be bothered turning up at.

Not doing that again as there were fecken loads of them.
Enough of the jabber here's his stats
Attacking rucks-74
Ruck involvement -27

Defensive rucks-54
Ruck involvement -6

Tackles-6
Missed tackles-1

Carries-2
Yards-0

In fairness he did a great turnover in the first minutes and was penalised when I didn't see much wrong which maybe forced him to ice from then on to give him the benefit.

Warbuton will only work if the work comes directly to him.
Bear in mind he had a six minute break from 66-72 minutes going off for treatment.
He is not interested in defensive rucks to the extend I actually wonder if he is told not to get involved,

I didn't appreciate how much graft AWJ. SOB and Faletau did until the second watch.

If anyone just wanted one example of any of this, it can be best summed up by the intercept on 13 minutes.

The camera just catches Warbuton putting his hands on his hips bending double in the bottom corner as the ball is being moved wide.
As the ABs intercept and Davies and Watson salvage note Furlong AWJ and George beat Warbuton back.
Note also Warbuton only got involved in the second carry whilst AWJ took the first.
He then let's SOB carry despite him being last to carry at the far length of the field.

The man is an imposter.

Right I'm off to get a life.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

bazzaj wrote:WARBURTON PLAYER WATCH 2

Saw a few comments about Warburtons justified selection and I thought similar things so I decided to do another player watch to back up the consensus.

I have taken it as read that he is an extremely proficient lineout operator so I thought I would replace that with rucks involved category being as he went Mia last week.
The ruck involvement does not include influence, just ones he could be bothered turning up at.

Not doing that again as there were fecken loads of them.
Enough of the jabber here's his stats
Attacking rucks-74
Ruck involvement -27

Defensive rucks-54
Ruck involvement -6

Tackles-6
Missed tackles-1

Carries-2
Yards-0

In fairness he did a great turnover in the first minutes and was penalised when I didn't see much wrong which maybe forced him to ice from then on to give him the benefit.

Warbuton will only work if the work comes directly to him.
Bear in mind he had a six minute break from 66-72 minutes going off for treatment.
He is not interested in defensive rucks to the extend I actually wonder if he is told not to get involved,

I didn't appreciate how much graft AWJ. SOB and Faletau did until the second watch.

If anyone just wanted one example of any of this, it can be best summed up by the intercept on 13 minutes.

The camera just catches Warbuton putting his hands on his hips bending double in the bottom corner as the ball is being moved wide.
As the ABs intercept and Davies and Watson salvage note Furlong AWJ and George beat Warbuton back.
Note also Warbuton only got involved in the second carry whilst AWJ took the first.
He then let's SOB carry despite him being last to carry at the far length of the field.

The man is an imposter.

Right I'm off to get a life.
Despite this Sam like gatland will be remembered as undefeated over 2 lions test series. Expect both will try and stick around to make it a hat-trick in 4 years time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

RugbyWatch.jpg
RugbyWatch.jpg (24.67 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
Available for weddings May to August only