Dragon slayers V House Henson

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Dragon slayers V House Henson

Post by Bart S »

Cockatrice wrote:Is all well between FOLK and Gibbes..

One of the most complete performance by an Ulster side.. Ian Hump..
I am sure he did actually say that Ulster have SID all over the park, or at least words to that very effect :roll:
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Nelson had a good game at 10, but noticeabke that from the outset we were trying to run things from our own 22 which would have been high risk against a better team and also went for the corner early rather than taking points on offer and trying to build up a lead. Now that sense of adventure may be comendable and even sensible to some extent against a poor team like this, but nwe would not get away with that against better sides and it would even be risky away to teams like the Dragons or certainly Edinburgh or Cardiff. I wonder how much of it was down to a lack of trust in Nelson's kicking game?

Whilst the game was relatively easy when he came on, I actually thought Heron did reasonably well and showed some decent game management with his choices. I thought both of our 9's were inconsistent and got away with it because of the opposition.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Rodders to score tonight :thumleft:
Told ye Rodders would score the night .... he did it in absentia ..... by proxy via Vivian Herbst when getting his head stitched but that counts, doesn't it? :D
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

How did people rate Timoney? I was impressed but I know feck all so would like someone else's view.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

damianmcr wrote:How did people rate Timoney? I was impressed but I know feck all so would like someone else's view.
Did quite well. showed a bit of aggression. carried well enough. scored two tries and got MotM.

I've seen worse performances. :D
I'm not arguing -
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Just in from Ravers.
I still don't know which Ulster is the real one. It's hard to argue with 52 points but still a bit of deflation, especially with their last try.
I often feel a bit sorry for a team that's getting thumped but the Dragons didn't look terribly interested from the moment they jogged onto the pitch, and I've no sympathy for a club that sends their seconds to a league game.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

damianmcr wrote:How did people rate Timoney? I was impressed but I know feck all so would like someone else's view.
I was also impressed. He is a very industrious player and has some set of wheels on him. Also impressed with Matty Rea. With big Red at number 8 and either Rea/Reidy/Henry/Timoney on the flanks, the backrow could be decent. Especially with big Jonno coaching.

It doesn't really look great for Marcell. He seems unable to put a run of games together with his knee.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I've been on this thread for 10 mins and not a single mention of the bible.

Bellends.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Did quite well. showed a bit of aggression. carried well enough. scored two tries and got MotM.

I've seen worse performances. :D
He did this thing which was interesting - he ran before he received the ball. I would imagine ref's will become wise to it and stop him, but in the meantime it'll really seems to work.

I just hope someone mentioned to him that it won't be that easy every week.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Beat a tom kite Dragons 2nd XV. 5 pts in the bag.

Rodney's YC at the end....go nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rodney is such a frustrating player. He looked as fit as he's probably ever been. Carried reasonably well. Scrummaged very well. Put in the best hit of the season.

Drop the ball 2/3 times and that dumb yellow.

Classic Rodney.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

for dog and ulcer wrote:
shamalicious wrote:

Saw Jono shaking his head at the end of the game. Didn't look at all happy.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Being talked up but not impressive against a very weak Dragons team. AhYou a liability as ever. I cannot understand why he is being praised for his appalling handling compounded by a dumber than dumb totally pointless late hit. Gibbes is right- conceding 3 tries was very poor. Remind me who the defence coach is....
I may be a relative newbie, but I've been around long enough to know that putting 50 points on the Dragons (when did we last do that btw?) must be in spite of Les and not because of him.

So please enlighten this enthuastic Lionel, soon to marry in to the Ulster family.

Did we win so comfortably because:
a) Dragons are brad pitt;
b) The new coaches are good or
c) Cave started at 13?

Btw Ospreys tonight managed 3 tries less than us in Treviso
Starsky
Initiate

Post by Starsky »

Was Peel at the stadium? He didn't seem to be there during the warm up which I thought was odd.
One does not simply walk into Ulster
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote:
for dog and ulcer wrote:
shamalicious wrote:

Saw Jono shaking his head at the end of the game. Didn't look at all happy.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Being talked up but not impressive against a very weak Dragons team. AhYou a liability as ever. I cannot understand why he is being praised for his appalling handling compounded by a dumber than dumb totally pointless late hit. Gibbes is right- conceding 3 tries was very poor. Remind me who the defence coach is....
I may be a relative newbie, but I've been around long enough to know that putting 50 points on the Dragons (when did we last do that btw?) must be in spite of Les and not because of him.

So please enlighten this enthuastic Lionel, soon to marry in to the Ulster family.

Did we win so comfortably because:
a) Dragons are brad pitt;
b) The new coaches are good or
c) Cave started at 13?

Btw Ospreys tonight managed 3 tries less than us in Treviso
They were absolute dung. Couldn't believe how young some of them looked. Shanahan probably could have taken their dinner money.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Starsky wrote:Was Peel at the stadium? He didn't seem to be there during the warm up which I thought was odd.
Both him and Jonno were missing for a large part of the warm-up and Niall Malone was going through the paces that Dwayne usually would, but I am reliably informed that both of them appeared before the end of the warm-up. I was able to spot Jonno all wrapped up in a heavy black coat, but didn't actually see Peel for mesel.
I'm not arguing -