A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by Dave »

Neil F wrote:
Source?
Heinz
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

Dave wrote:
Neil F wrote:
Source?
Heinz
:roll:

The serious point is that there is a difference between the financial capacity to secede and a desire to secede because a place is a net contributor to a redistributive system. I've seen little argument on the former; and far too much on the latter. Anyone who seeks Catalonian independence because they have a problem with Catalonia being a net contributor to a redistributive system can feck off.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Neil F wrote:
Dave wrote:
Neil F wrote:
Source?
Heinz
:roll:

The serious point is that there is a difference between the financial capacity to secede and a desire to secede because a place is a net contributor to a redistributive system. I've seen little argument on the former; and far too much on the latter. Anyone who seeks Catalonian independence because they have a problem with Catalonia being a net contributor to a redistributive system can feck off.
Agreed.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
HwoodMike2umate wrote:The question is should I bring my Catalan fleg to Ravenhill tomorrow? It has been there before. For the avoidance of any doubt, I bought it because its yella & red & therefore vaguely Ulsterish, not because I support a fully independent Catalonia.
Which one is it?
It's the sh1t one .............. but then again I'm biased against the self-interested treacherous Catalan scumbegs.

I might also say any friend of the Shinners needs a long hard study before becoming friends of mine .................not impossible, just bloody tricky.
Are the communist ones less self-interested, treacherous Catalan scumbegs? Or are they all classed together?
Mainly the separistas, I'm sure there are a good half of Catalans who are not scumbegs. As a point of order, Catalan scumbegs refers to Catalans who are scumbegs rather than being a catch-all appellation of all Catalans. Neither are all non-Catalans non-scumbegs, I give you the riot squad of the Guardia Civil, aka the fookin'filth.

I hadn't thought it would be necessary to be so clear, for example, I trust that when I talk of my disgust for Paedophile Priests, that people don't think I mean all collaredbastards are paedophiles ...........just far far too many. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

One of the old jibes at the Catalans was that they were more likely to vote with their wallets than their hearts.

Some signs of disquiet here in Alicante province. Quite a few Spanish flegs flying in support of unity and about 100 older Spaniards showing their support outside the town hall and at the Guardia Civil HQ. The regional government is promoting Valenciano (a Catalan dialect) in the schools which has also caused some friction - especially for the English kids who have been dumped into the Spanish education system!

Top tip in these places, especially, up country - always ask "¿Habla Castellano?". Even though they always do, it's a good way to ingratiate yourself. Got me out of a hole in the Pais Vasco.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
HwoodMike2umate wrote:The question is should I bring my Catalan fleg to Ravenhill tomorrow? It has been there before. For the avoidance of any doubt, I bought it because its yella & red & therefore vaguely Ulsterish, not because I support a fully independent Catalonia.
Which one is it?
It's the sh1t one .............. but then again I'm biased against the self-interested treacherous Catalan scumbegs.

I might also say any friend of the Shinners needs a long hard study before becoming friends of mine .................not impossible, just bloody tricky.
Are the communist ones less self-interested, treacherous Catalan scumbegs? Or are they all classed together?
Mainly the separistas, I'm sure there are a good half of Catalans who are not scumbegs. As a point of order, Catalan scumbegs refers to Catalans who are scumbegs rather than being a catch-all appellation of all Catalans. Neither are all non-Catalans non-scumbegs, I give you the riot squad of the Guardia Civil, aka the fookin'filth.

I hadn't thought it would be necessary to be so clear, for example, I trust that when I talk of my disgust for Paedophile Priests, that people don't think I mean all collaredbastards are paedophiles ...........just far far too many. :D
Come on Baggy, you know it's all down to flegs.

Catalans wave the red and yellow one.
Separatists wave the one with the peurto Rican star and the Communists have a red star.

Remember when it comes to flegs, things are seldom black and white (unless you're in NW France or SW England).
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote:
Remember when it comes to flegs, things are seldom black and white (unless you're in NW France or SW England).
... or Kilcoo
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Maybe we could have our 26 counties back, I noted some time ago a lot of Catalan flags being erected in prodominatly republican area, I would assume that those in the know , knew this blatant charade against democracy was in the pipeline. Today it would seem democracy is only if the left decide it's acceptable . Interesting but to see the EU not condemning the actions of the police as this independence is against their financial interests .

Political flag flying is a load of old w-nk in my opinion. You very rarely see any political flag flying down here, except flying our own flag at matches etc. The odd shower of fecking eejits show up in Dublin with Palestinian flags and the likes. The same crew then ignore any and all criminality(bombs etc) from Hamas and the likes. It's all just a load of ballix but it keeps the SJW's entertained and occupied. I guess the republicans are trying to identify their contemporary "oppression" with the Catalans or maybe they are engaging in some living in the past...not unheard of in NI. :D Either way- utter sh1te.

My sole interest is that the Spanish state has undermined its own democratic credibility by attacking its own peaceful citizens. I'd hate to think what their response would be if the Catalans decided to engage in terrorism to try to achieve their aims instead.

The EU will naturally back Spain. That would become difficult if Spain took it upon themselves to start murdering their citizens(or whatever the correct term is for state murder). Then again they didn't when other states engaged in that, admittedly with far more subtlety that the Spanish are probably capable of.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: Obviously, it's on a grander scale but not entirely dissimilar to the County Clare finding they are sitting on a huge gold deposit and thinking, fu'ck the rest of the country, we're better able to be prosperous without the rest of them, we are declaring ourselves the Peoples Republic of Clare & Ireland can just feck off. I would expect the Guardy Chickeneeny to be all over them with their hobnails and putting manners of the yokelbastards. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hmmm - Clare is certainly the best place in this emerald isle but even I would not push for Clare independence. The greatest should always try to help out the rest and that is what Clare shall continue to do by not abandoning our friends in the other 25 counties. :D

Such a shame to see the state of things in the Kingdom of Spain. Maybe we should send a delegation over from the Kingdom of Kerry to help them. They have great experience in dealing with the langers. Sorting out Spain would be a doddle for them.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knew I could rely on you to nibble, like a catfish on the end of my line.

One or two points:

- good clarity of mind to understand you needn't look north for friends >EW , stick with the 25 others, but be careful or I'll set Donegal on you, an equally magnificent county, maybe not the majesty of the coastline at the Cliffs of more and up the coast but the highest sea cliffs in Europe has it's own "awe". So Clare can rightly claim a place in their behind Down & Donegal and of course, Kerry, still not bad for a county on the scrag-end of Europe, next stop Amerikay. Sure you'll always have the Ailwee Caves & LisdoonLisdoonLisdoonLisdoonvarna. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you been up the Wild Honey Inn yet with its new-fangled fancy-dan Michelin Star, if you're not careful a friend of ours will be looking for a visit there. I see they will be gratified to know that if Michelin thinks they are great, Tripadvisor reckons it's the 6th best restaurant in Lisdoon. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Schpakin' of the Kingdom, too late, the Shinners got there first, they were invited to monitor the illegal referendum at the weekend. You want someone for a bit of illegality, sure the Shinners are a fine choice.

Confucius say: Beware of Shinners bearing Northen Bank banknotes.

Speaking of crimes against humanity, thon Martina Anderson is some bint eh? Eh? Eh? Not if was chained to her................. albeit, with the go-whacks of me, she may have reservations herself. :D

Point of order: Hamas is fighting for survival under the Nazi-like oppression of the Israeli State, just ask the few remaining live citizens of Gaza and Palestinians everywhere. I blame the Yanks & Brits. I cannot describe a fight for human survival as "criminality".

As for Kofi, what the feck is that muddled shyte about? "Today it would seem democracy is only if the left decides it's acceptable". I'd love to address your point ould hand but I'd need to understand it first. >EW

By the way, a very interesting PM which I wrote a lengthy reply to but UAFC are pissing me off greatly, it's about the third or fourth long post that they have shitcanned before it could be posted this week, some bloody computer glitch. I blame Fermain. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

I see Theresa chose to wear Leon Trotsky's girlfriend on her wrist yesterday. Bad omen or what :lol:
Big Neville Southall
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Without taking sides I must admit to completely NOT understanding Politics anymore. Jeremy rhymes with something, claims the NHS was created by the Tories, sure to have got a few backs up and ensured some more Labour voters at the next election; Spanish establishment playing hardball with an election they surely would have won, creating a swing of several hundred thousand over to the independance movement; Michelle declaring the North as NOT British, undoing the pleas of Gerry to persuade the prods of their Irish heritage; probably drove about 10K floating voters after BRexit back to the Orange fold! All counter productive. :duh:
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

It was only today I saw the full horror of Mrs MayIfeckoffandstoptryingtodoajobI'munsuitedto's speech.

The F off part seems prophetic, had she a titter of wit, she'd have punched P45 man in the throat and stood arms raised with a foot on his fallen chest, every Tory in the land would have had a flashback and shouted as one voice, "she has risen, let's steam off somewhere & start a war against some minor country. Let's invade Ireland ..........no wait, that could get Mesi".

DeadPMwalking.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

It was the best telly I have seen in ages Bagster.
Who says politics is dull?
Since the before the election Mays reign could be perceived as a funnier sequel to Yes prime minister.

Do I feel sorry for her? Do I feck!
She feels no sorrow for me.

Question Baggy.
With all the shenanigans in Spain and your impeding move there does it feel a bit like frying pan and fire?
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Just seen whilst all the cronies apparently backed Mays ' 'bravery' in preserving with her, speech, they are coming out of the woodwork to oust her led by Grant Shapps.
Course they wouldn't have done it there and then.

Wasn't so long ago the Corbyn was in a similar situation yet they are all chanting his name now like a Rock God.

What a load of old pap.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:It was the best telly I have seen in ages Bagster.
Who says politics is dull?
Since the before the election Mays reign could be perceived as a funnier sequel to Yes prime minister.

Do I feel sorry for her? Do I feck!
She feels no sorrow for me.

Question Baggy.
With all the shenanigans in Spain and your impeding move there does it feel a bit like frying pan and fire?

It certainly unwelcome Jizzer but having had guns pointed at me 8 times here, a few fleg waving loons are neither here nor there.

The more I've looked at this the less sympathy I have for the rebelbastards. They are not like Scotland, it genuinely is an equivalence of London saying feck the U.K. we would be better off on our own. Let's be clear, this is the wealthiest area of Spain saying, why should we support the rest of the country. Like Londoners wondering why they should be supporting the Highlands and Islands or northern bogtrotters.