Hypocrites

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Hypocrites

Post by Russ »

The eRFU has written a formal complaint to World Rugby because they believe the Welsh are poaching their rugby players

That's England, home of Hartley the kiwi, Hughes the SSI. Tuilagi and many others, complaining that a player who grew up around Wales wants to play for Wales

Wouldn't be surprised if they included our Tredders in their letter

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Hypocrites

Post by Dave »

LMAO
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Appears Ireland and Scotland were both mentioned in the letter

Also turns out the PRL have done a grubby deal whereby if an Irish player is at quins academy from 17 to 23 we would need to pay the PRL £5000 for each year for his training

Erfu have turned players into commodities which is not in the spirit of the game

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Lionelbastards, I wonder how they will like their rugby when they have eliminated any possibility of any of the other nearby countries being able to compete? Good title, their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

This is just the next level after the dumb 5 years "naturalisation" which will shortly ruin the project system under which countries with tiny populations can never compete.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:
Also turns out the PRL have done a grubby deal whereby if an Irish player is at quins academy from 17 to 23 we would need to pay the PRL £5000 for each year for his training
How does that compare to the cost of having him in the Ulster Academy? And is the return better or worse?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:
Russ wrote:
How does that compare to the cost of having him in the Ulster Academy? And is the return better or worse?
CFO to CEO - what if we invest in our employees and they leave?
CEO retorts - what if we dont and they stau

mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

If an Irish player, 17 - 23 yo is at Quins it is presumably because Quins want him and not Ireland. Feckin' money grabbing Lionel bastids.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

mid ulster maestro wrote:If an Irish player, 17 - 23 yo is at Quins it is presumably because Quins want him and not Ireland. Feckin' money grabbing Lionel bastids.
Or he went to school in England. Had an Irish parent and at the age of 17 was not in a position to make a decision to move to another country.

At the age of 23 he then makes the decision to move

Somehow Ireland owe Harlequins £30,000

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Russ wrote:
mid ulster maestro wrote:If an Irish player, 17 - 23 yo is at Quins it is presumably because Quins want him and not Ireland. Feckin' money grabbing Lionel bastids.
Or he went to school in England. Had an Irish parent and at the age of 17 was not in a position to make a decision to move to another country.

But how does this actually work Russ - is it a unilateral move by the PRL or is it agreed with World Rugby? Does it apply to all prospective international players? would the eRFU or WRU, FFR etc. be expected to pay too?
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

pwrmoore wrote:
Russ wrote:

But how does this actually work Russ - is it a unilateral move by the PRL or is it agreed with World Rugby? Does it apply to all prospective international players? would the eRFU or WRU, FFR etc. be expected to pay too?
It seems unclear from the reports I've read but doesn't appear to be a World Rugby directive (hence the eRFU asking it to be) and simply seems to be the eRFU asking for money on behalf of private benefactors again

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Russ wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
Russ wrote:

It seems unclear from the reports I've read but doesn't appear to be a World Rugby directive (hence the eRFU asking it to be) and simply seems to be the eRFU asking for money on behalf of private benefactors again

Hopefully World Rugby will tell them to eff off then :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

pwrmoore wrote:
Russ wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
Russ wrote:

Hopefully World Rugby will tell them to eff off then Image
Hopefully
Im not aware of any reciprocal agreements.
Particularly damaging for smaller nations and less developed education systems

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Quins are dung
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Why the feck would any honourable Englishman want to play for the sheep lovers. RFU is correct to raise this issue. It is quite disturbing.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Some may think this should be in the AI threads https://www.balls.ie/rugby/neil-francis ... and-376434 however, the author is a hypocrite so here it stays.

The neck of Francis deciding who will give heart and soul for the devalued Irish shirt, this from a man who didn't have a shortage of talent, just a shortage of bottle and a degree in laziness.

Mexican dog, if he'd been as quick into a ruck as he is with his keyboard he'd have been a better player. Instead, he's a waste of blood, bone & tissue, I always pondered, given his lack of heart, if he'd audition for the role of the Tinman in the Wizard of Oz.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.