Kings vs Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Sue Dename
Novice

Re: Kings vs Ulster

Post by Sue Dename »

Scathing article on the hierarchy of UR by Neil Best on LinkedIn
https://goo.gl/jQS5vN
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Sue Dename wrote:Scathing article on the hierarchy of UR by Neil Best on LinkedIn
https://goo.gl/jQS5vN
Some former Ulster players writing in the comments section.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Article is pretty much how most of us would see it.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why Cairns didn't travel to S.Africa?

I'll assume it's because FOLK is an idiot unless someone knows differently.

Guy produces a decent debut against the best squad in the league, how do we consolidate that? Drop him, maybe another game next year, maybe next season.
I read somewhere that they only took players with no injury doubt hanging over them. Take from that what you will. Lele has been carrying an injury for a while. There is no mention of Cairns being injured.

FOLK remains a fecking useless idiot regardless.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

If Lily gets through this one, he'll likely get a three week break as he shouldn't be needed against Treviso at home. Having said that, if Kings pull a win outta the hat the Treviso game becomes a job saver for FOLK, so it'd be all hands to the pumps.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kings are shockingly poor. Anything but a TBP win is entirely unacceptable & I say that despite Ulster's pisspoor away performances.

These are muck.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
EastTerraceUR
Novice

Post by EastTerraceUR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why Cairns didn't travel to S.Africa?

Guy produces a decent debut against the best squad in the league, how do we consolidate that? Drop him, maybe another game next year, maybe next season.
Stewart looked the better out of the 2.
Cooney fit = Start

Nothing strange about that selection.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

EastTerraceUR wrote:

Cooney fit = Start

Almost choked on my ginger nut, either you were drunk or I was.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Wish I was drunk
EastTerraceUR
Novice

Post by EastTerraceUR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
EastTerraceUR wrote:

Cooney fit = Start

Almost choked on my ginger nut, either you were drunk or I was.
Cairns played decent. Some very bad passes.
Stewart looked more confident, no bad passes and kicked well.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Like you I thought Cairns did well for a first start against Leinster and deserves the chance to develop after all it was Run keeping him back so much so they had to stick him on the wing to play any rugby... part of that development should have included this trip to SA if even to experience it.. I seem to recall Nelson got a start against Leinster then didn't appear again for two years until when called on to start again against Leinster hope the same doesn't happen to Cairns.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I thought Stewart had a good pass right to left, but was weaker passing left to right and those looked a bit looping.

Didn't notice any major difference in Cairns' passes to either side. Yes he had a couple of ropey passes, but all in all, I thought he did rightly for the period he was on the park. I was a bit more nervous with Stewart and felt that at one time he chose to go left even though going right was the better option. I don't think he trusted his pass.

I could and probably am completely wrong though.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Tender wrote:If Lily gets through this one, he'll likely get a three week break as he shouldn't be needed against Treviso at home. Having said that, if Kings pull a win outta the hat the Treviso game becomes a job saver for FOLK, so it'd be all hands to the pumps.
surprised we haven't broke him seeing he has been injured for a few weeks now.. but as Best says we are counting down the weeks to his departure rather than the months.. lets see what the future brings.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Stewart's a player with a higher ceiling than Cairns.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

For my money, Cairns looked the better of the two and then I add the size difference. Stewart doesn't look like he has enough upper body strength to wear a winter coat, whereas Cairns looks like he could tackle and break a tackle.
I really think they put the names in a hat.

Higher ceilings make the house more expensive to heat.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.