Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: All-Ireland bid to stage 2023 RWC

Post by Rooster »

Searching for an elusive feck

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Via Twitter:

France were supported by Scotland, Italy, Japan, Georgia, Romania, Africa, Asia, South America and Oceania. Joined by England and the North Americans in R2.

Which leaves the like of NZ, Australia, Argentina and Wales amongst others following the wishes of WR and backing South Africa.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Welsh should not have a vote and neither should Scotland. England decides everything for them in every other facet of their existence and rugby should be no different. As usual the English prove what decent folk they are while their dependents show what they are.

Anyway we didn't get it but I am glad that a decent country like France got it.

Hopefully next time England get the world cup they tell their two attached provinces to f-ck off if they think they are getting any games.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

France is probably the best other than it having it relatively recently.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Feckin Romanians again. I thought it might be a mistake having Lisa Evans on the delegation.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote:Feckin Romanians again. I thought it might be a mistake having Lisa Evans on the delegation.
:lol: :lol:

Stop the social welfare handouts.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:Welsh should not have a vote and neither should Scotland. England decides everything for them in every other facet of their existence and rugby should be no different. As usual the English prove what decent folk they are while their dependents show what they are.

Hopefully next time England get the world cup they tell their two attached provinces to f-ck off if they think they are getting any games.
Yes that's true. If Wales and Scotland get a vote each, why does northern Ireland not get a vote? Essentially they are all made up places without the means or freedom of thought to self-govern, but if one or more gets a vote they all should.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:Yes that's true. If Wales and Scotland get a vote each, why does northern Ireland not get a vote? Essentially they are all made up places without the means or freedom of thought to self-govern, but if one or more gets a vote they all should.
None should. It is like allowing children to vote.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Shan wrote:Welsh should not have a vote and neither should Scotland. England decides everything for them in every other facet of their existence and rugby should be no different. As usual the English prove what decent folk they are while their dependents show what they are.

Us Lionels are good eggs.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

I think Ireland would have been an awesome place to have a RWC with the nation totally getting behind it. Certainly if NZ can hold a RWC there is no reason Ireland can't hold one. That said, at least we don't have to listen to politicians pretend they know something about rugby for the next X years...
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

againstthehead wrote:I think Ireland would have been an awesome place to have a RWC with the nation totally getting behind it. Certainly if NZ can hold a RWC there is no reason Ireland can't hold one. That said, at least we don't have to listen to politicians pretend they know something about rugby for the next X years...

alas , dream of the old sod having a world cup, irish dancers and pints of Guinness flowing . never ever ever will Ireland have a world Cup unless they share it with their Celtic Cousins , who demonstrated their miffness by voting against Ireland. Bottom line is we do not have the facilities nor the stadiums for such an event , anyone who thought we had are just, well, just idiots to be honest. Ireland is a small bit player, their silly tantrum at the selection stage was cringe worthy and another example of or rotten twisted society , we If don't agree with the fair vote , we will stamp our feet, throw the toys out of the cot , I am just surprised Browne BOD and Co did not revert to the old Irish tradition of having a hunger strike. done and dusted, France #2023 here i come ready or not.

Ireland did not deserve it nor could they host it , a blind man riding a horse and eating a coconut could see it.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Unless Ireland can get their stadia up to the standard expected for a tournament like RWC, no point in having another go. Thought they were naive at best in expecting the neighbouring unions to back them just because they are neighbours.

It's a professional sport with lots of cash, unions have their own agenda and will back the bid which best fits with that agenda. Back door deals will be done in smoke-filled rooms etc. It's a cynical world.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Neill_M wrote:Unless Ireland can get their stadia up to the standard expected for a tournament like RWC, no point in having another go. Thought they were naive at best in expecting the neighbouring unions to back them just because they are neighbours.

It's a professional sport with lots of cash, unions have their own agenda and will back the bid which best fits with that agenda. Back door deals will be done in smoke-filled rooms etc. It's a cynical world.
100% correct
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

big mervyn wrote:Feckin Romanians again. I thought it might be a mistake having Lisa Evans on the delegation.
since the majority of their players play in France, what else would you expect them to do
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
since the majority of their players play in France, what else would you expect them to do
Vote for where the majority of their people live
Dublin

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk