Ticket on mobile

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

joyfulrodger
Novice

Ticket on mobile

Post by joyfulrodger »

Does anyone know if you can scan tickets from your mobile. Just wondering if I have to print out the PDF from ticketmaster or can I use the QR code from my phone?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ticket on mobile

Post by Rooster »

joyfulrodger wrote:Does anyone know if you can scan tickets from your mobile. Just wondering if I have to print out the PDF from ticketmaster or can I use the QR code from my phone?
I have got in using the phone but it is done on hand held scanner, suppose the turnstile ones will work the same
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Grumpy Junior has used his mobile to gain access when he forgot to print his ticket one time.

Can't remember what the match was but it wasn't a regular Ulster match on his ST, but one he presumed he had to print out, but forgot.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Yip - QR code on the phone works through the gates. Stewards controlling access to the terrace looked twice at it, but were happy enough.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

We turned up with 2 versions of the same tkt - card and printout and still got in. Maybe could have got 3 of us in with a phone ?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

big mervyn wrote:We turned up with 2 versions of the same tkt - card and printout and still got in. Maybe could have got 3 of us in with a phone ?
Interesting. I always assumed a printed ticket once scanned would preclude the card being accepted and vice versa. If done simultaneously at adjacent turnstiles then it may not register on time. Expect UR to seek a fix.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

jean valjean wrote:
big mervyn wrote:We turned up with 2 versions of the same tkt - card and printout and still got in. Maybe could have got 3 of us in with a phone ?
Interesting. I always assumed a printed ticket once scanned would preclude the card being accepted and vice versa. If done simultaneously at adjacent turnstiles then it may not register on time. Expect UR to seek a fix.
Always assumed the same - which is why I always tried to get into the ground before the 6 people I had touted copies of my ticket too. :lol:

Maybe I didn't need to :shock:

(only kiddin' - no 'g')

(only touted 4 copies ....)
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I thought the idea was that the card became invalid as soon as you choose to generate the printed version.

When printing, it gives you an option to reprint an already printed ticket (in which case it gives the same barcode) or regenerate (in which case it will give a new barcode and is supposed to invalidate the old one).

They have their own e-ticket app now too.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hope this gets sorted

#prayformobileticket
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?