So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Post by therealspratt »

I don't know, it's getting to the point where we should accept being the 4th province.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

You mean you haven't already?
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

'Connacht can have similar gripes btw'
So it's not a north-south thing then? I thought from the tone of some of the comments above that it was. Mind you, you'll not find too many Munster fans who'll agree that they are - along with Leinster - one of the favoured children. As for individual player selections, just listen to any panel of 'experts' on any sport - rugby, football, GAA, cricket - and you'll hear a range of conflicting opinions about different players in different positions. It's a pub sport. I'll believe that Ulster players are routinely ignored by Ireland selectors when we are regularly the best team in Ireland, if not Europe, and our players aren't being selected. Until then I'll continue to believe in the gospel of self-interest, which teaches that professional coaches don't ignore good players if they want to be successful and keep their jobs.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Maybe Les meant we are not that far away from Leinster?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

promenader 2 wrote:'Connacht can have similar gripes btw'
So it's not a north-south thing then? I thought from the tone of some of the comments above that it was. Mind you, you'll not find too many Munster fans who'll agree that they are - along with Leinster - one of the favoured children. As for individual player selections, just listen to any panel of 'experts' on any sport - rugby, football, GAA, cricket - and you'll hear a range of conflicting opinions about different players in different positions. It's a pub sport. I'll believe that Ulster players are routinely ignored by Ireland selectors when we are regularly the best team in Ireland, if not Europe, and our players aren't being selected. Until then I'll continue to believe in the gospel of self-interest, which teaches that professional coaches don't ignore good players if they want to be successful and keep their jobs.
agreed.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Dave wrote:Maybe Les meant we are not that far away from Leinster?
On the UR world map anything past Lisburn is titled - There be Dragons.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cornerfleg wrote:
Dave wrote:Maybe Les meant we are not that far away from Leinster?
On the UR world map anything past Lisburn is titled - There be Dragons.
Welsh twunts

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

pwrmoore wrote:
agreed.
I'll tip my hat to your ignoring of the facts I brought up in my post.
If you are denying that there has been in the past a pro south prejudice then I can't help you.
Everyone knows Schmidt is a one eyed republican bigot and you may well have his other eye.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Joe was in the ra
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

In it??
He invented it
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Liz Fraser wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
agreed.
If you are denying that there has been in the past a pro south prejudice then I can't help you.
Everyone knows Schmidt is a one eyed republican bigot and you may well have his other eye.
I didn't ignore your facts, you didn't provide any - just a set of opinions, to which you're entitled. 'Madigan over Jackson at the World Cup'. Well, I agree that Paddy is a far better 10 than Mads, but Mads can also play in other positions, whereas Paddy can't. Maybe the coach decided to go for versatility to give himself a few more options, who knows. Here's the thing, though: if Joe doesn't take Ireland to at least the semi finals of the next World Cup, he'll be regarded as an under achiever, and he knows that. I would bet my house that if he could be guaranteed finishing in the last 4 by playing 15 Ulster men - including beagle - he'd do it in a heartbeat.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

'Professional coaches don't ignore good players'

Darren Cave!
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

promenader 2 wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
agreed.
I didn't ignore your facts, you didn't provide any - just a set of opinions, to which you're entitled. 'Madigan over Jackson at the World Cup'. Well, I agree that Paddy is a far better 10 than Mads, but Mads can also play in other positions, whereas Paddy can't. Maybe the coach decided to go for versatility to give himself a few more options, who knows. Here's the thing, though: if Joe doesn't take Ireland to at least the semi finals of the next World Cup, he'll be regarded as an under achiever, and he knows that. I would bet my house that if he could be guaranteed finishing in the last 4 by playing 15 Ulster men - including beagle - he'd do it in a heartbeat.
Madigan playing in other positions was a fallacy disproven in seconds

It was close to lie

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It was a lie. He doesn't even play 10.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

promenader 2 wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
agreed.
And in the absence of any facts you are supplying for that drivel I am going to have suggest you get sectioned for your suggestion that Beagle would ever play for Ireland.