The Run In - 8 Games to Go

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: The Run In - 8 Games to Go

Post by Neill_M »

In regards to the South African sides and getting into the Heineken/Challenge Cups, there is a meeting in March to try and agree that they could be eligible to try and qualify for the 2019/20 Cup. The Nigels and the Froggies would have to agree to it also.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:
Connacht for example, of course, could secure a place in the Heiny via the Challenge Cup and the Conference A slot for the playoff could slip to the 6th placed side (currently Ospreys).

Well yes, but I will discount that possibility for now if you don't mind. Connacht has won 4 matches from 13 in the league, I know not many teams actually try in the Parker Pen but when it comes to the latter stages there will be better than Connacht.

On the bright side, two of Connacht's best performances this season have been against Ulster, so every chance they could finally break the Ravenhill hoodoo stretching back to 1963.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:I hate confusing conferences
I canted be ar$ed trying to figure it out and will be relying on Neill for regular updates until the end of the season. Do we still have a season Neill?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Neill_M wrote:In regards to the South African sides and getting into the Heineken/Challenge Cups, there is a meeting in March to try and agree that they could be eligible to try and qualify for the 2019/20 Cup. The Nigels and the Froggies would have to agree to it also.
The Lionels will want a bribe

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Connacht for example, of course, could secure a place in the Heiny via the Challenge Cup and the Conference A slot for the playoff could slip to the 6th placed side (currently Ospreys).

Well yes, but I will discount that possibility for now if you don't mind. Connacht has won 4 matches from 13 in the league, I know not many teams actually try in the Parker Pen but when it comes to the latter stages there will be better than Connacht.

On the bright side, two of Connacht's best performances this season have been against Ulster, so every chance they could finally break the Ravenhill hoodoo stretching back to 1963.
The Nigels have rejigged the rules for the 20th and last spot in the Heiny for 18/19. Has made the Parker Pen relevant again. If Connacht beat Gloucester at home in QF, will be away at Newcastle/Brive.

The 20th place in the Champions Cup will be determined as follows:

i) Champions Cup winner, if not already qualified
ii) Challenge Cup winner, if not already qualified
iii) Challenge Cup losing finalist, if not already qualified
iv) Play-off match between the losing Challenge Cup semi-finalists, if not already qualified
v) Highest ranked non-qualified club by virtue of league position from the same league as the Champions Cup winner
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Russ wrote:
Neill_M wrote:In regards to the South African sides and getting into the Heineken/Challenge Cups, there is a meeting in March to try and agree that they could be eligible to try and qualify for the 2019/20 Cup. The Nigels and the Froggies would have to agree to it also.

Would not be a surprise, get some South African sponsorship on board.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Neill_M wrote:
Russ wrote:

Might pish off Turkish Airlinez though
I'm glad Turkish can get me to games in France and Italy

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Neill_M wrote:

The Nigels have rejigged the rules for the 20th and last spot in the Heiny for 18/19. Has made the Parker Pen relevant again. If Connacht beat Gloucester at home in QF, will be away at Newcastle/Brive.

iv) Play-off match between the losing Challenge Cup semi-finalists, if not already qualified
v) Highest ranked non-qualified club by virtue of league position from the same league as the Champions Cup winner
Russ wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Russ wrote:

Might pish off Turkish Airlinez though
I'm glad Turkish can get me to games in France and Italy

Long way round from Dublin to Paris they have 1 change in Istanbul, wtf 16 hour flight
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

big mervyn wrote:
Rooster wrote:I hate confusing conferences
I canted be ar$ed trying to figure it out and will be relying on Neill for regular updates until the end of the season. Do we still have a season Neill?
We are in a fight to hold onto a position, we would have been expected to finish in at the start of the season. 3rd in conference behind D4 and Scaaarlets and a glorious defeat in the playoffs etc.

Would like to think LK was given targets where making the last 8 in Europe was a "goal" and finishing at worst 3rd in the conference and making the playoffs was a must.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

FOUR
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Neill_M wrote:

Think you will be likely to go a long way down that list before the Westies get the spot.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

222toHounslow wrote:FOUR
Wrong spelling 222, when one takes out the King Cobra and smacks one a prodigious length likely to scone some poor fecker, the shout is FORE
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Neill_M wrote:

Think you will be likely to go a long way down that list before the Westies get the spot.
I would say their best chance is the first option, Leinster win the Supa Dupa
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Leinster will have already qualified, so then it just automatically goes to option 2
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Relying on D4 would be option 5 on that list.

Of the 8 sides in the PP QF (Newcastle, Gloucester and Cardiff are currently qualifying via their league).

Stade, Pau, Brive, Westies and Edinburgh aren’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk