Ulster v Kings

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Kings

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:
BR wrote:
Dave wrote:The atmosphere was terrible last night and people were leaving in droves before it ended. The band made it ten times worse. It is so cringey when they play Amarillo and it usually results in a fcuk up on the pitch. If the band isn't there the crowd make more of an effort. It's almost like people don't want to sing incase the band join in. They need to FRO.
Perfect storm last night. 6Ns, crap opposition, cold, easy win...

I admit I did not sing a note, nor gilder once.

On a single occasion, I may have assisted the TJ in his duties, but otherwise I did not raise my voice above 20 dB.

As Rooster suggests the band saved it from being a morgue.
Are you the 'Mr assistant referee' guy?
I tend not to be that formal in my address ;)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:A very efficient referee and guess what, she didn't need the TMO. >appl >appl >appl
Aye. Happy days. On an absolutely Baltic night, the game finished at the unheard of time of about 9:15. One lone wolf whistle from the memorial end of the terrace at the start of the game but that may well have been from the leather clad boys in the Craig Gilroy fanclub.
Thought she was excellent. Clear instructions / explanations, let the game flow, scrums were one re-set max before awarding penalties, no TMO faffing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

shamalicious wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:A very efficient referee and guess what, she didn't need the TMO. >appl >appl >appl
Aye. Happy days. On an absolutely Baltic night, the game finished at the unheard of time of about 9:15. One lone wolf whistle from the memorial end of the terrace at the start of the game but that may well have been from the leather clad boys in the Craig Gilroy fanclub.
Thought she was excellent. Clear instructions / explanations, let the game flow, scrums were one re-set max before awarding penalties, no TMO faffing.

Aye. We'll have her back. She is under more scrutiny than the average ref and the blonde hair also tends to catch your eye.
Good to see Wardy managing to inject a bit of mild sexism (and possibly mild racism?) with his Tarzan and Jane remark.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

She could do with losing the squeaky leprechaun voice and all.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

big mervyn wrote:
shamalicious wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

Aye. We'll have her back. She is under more scrutiny than the average ref and the blonde hair also tends to catch your eye.
Good to see Wardy managing to inject a bit of mild sexism (and possibly mild racism?) with his Tarzan and Jane remark.
Female refs the way forward?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

People leaving in droves before the end would suggest that the result was known and they didn't want to sing like boy sopranos .

Having only watched the first half so far the big difference was approach -- players running on to the ball and taking it at pace -- the only way to break the gain line -- backs lying deep and then not getting man and ball and thus able to get the ball wide quickly .

Flat back lines go no where -- flat passes to forwards result in a lack of pace and the player being taken backwards.

Even in the cold very few knocks on compared to the Wasps game -- were Ulster made opportunities and dropped the ball because they were playing flat and under pressure.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Jackie Brown wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
shamalicious wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

Female refs the way forward?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Could be. There is an arguement that the multitask mindset is more suited to reffing. I would be the world's worst referee.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Bars were very quiet after the match, no queues at all and a decent singer on as well last night.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

BR wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Did the band attempt to play Ghost Riders, I thought I heard it from the warmth of the Bar. To me there was more negatives than positives last night.
Yes - but none of their target audience knew what it was.
Indeed. The band are wasted in the family stand. I propose they move to the memorial end. ImageImage

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Polly Cotton wrote:
Russ wrote:Can someone explain why after breaking UK law at Ravenhill, how HWM is still allowed into Ravenhill?

Is it the same deal as rugby players getting a cab? Does what he wants

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Maybe Paula Bradshaw could pen a letter to UR and ask what their policy is to supporters invading the playing area, or maybe UR could pen a letter to Paula Bradshaw and ask what their policy is on party members Acting the goat.in their own time of course.
Acting the goat ... surely more breaking the law well at least on the mainland although not sure what the law is in Norn Iron regarding encroachment onto a playing field.. should have at least been banned if not handed over to the law... of course others will say all harmless fun it always is until something happens... I didn’t think the Alliance Party supported the behaviour of fleg waving hooligans
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:
Polly Cotton wrote:
Russ wrote:Can someone explain why after breaking UK law at Ravenhill, how HWM is still allowed into Ravenhill?

Is it the same deal as rugby players getting a cab? Does what he wants

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Maybe Paula Bradshaw could pen a letter to UR and ask what their policy is to supporters invading the playing area, or maybe UR could pen a letter to Paula Bradshaw and ask what their policy is on party members Acting the goat.in their own time of course.
Acting the goat ... surely more breaking the law well at least on the mainland although not sure what the law is in Norn Iron regarding encroachment onto a playing field.. should have at least been banned if not handed over to the law... of course others will say all harmless fun it always is until something happens... I didn’t think the Alliance Party supported the behaviour of fleg waving hooligans
There is a sign saying that if you walk on the pitch and die, no one will care. Food for thought.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Nothing but what I expected but one question what does this Kings team bring to the league absolutely NOTHING..

Gilroy asked about Kiss after game... he’s a wonderful human being or something not a mention of his coaching..
Last edited by Cockatrice on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

You ok?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Dave wrote:You ok?
NO.. 500 limited edition T-Shirts with FOLK purchased for re sale now worthless..
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:
Dave wrote:You ok?
NO.. 500 limited edition T-Shirts with FOLK purchased for re sale now worthless..
Cross out the K and they will still sell
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best