Ulster v Kings

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Kings

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:
Dave wrote:You ok?
NO.. 500 limited edition T-Shirts with FOLK purchased for re sale now worthless..
Cover the K and they will work well.

It's the kings BTW. They have had to come straight from super rugby/currie cup and then cobble a team together for this. Hopefully they will be stronger next year.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Jean, if the Band come anywhere near the Mem Stand Herbst won't be the only one hunting bores. The old SLR (Black Widow) still packs a punch.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cockatrice wrote:one question what does this Kings team bring to the league absolutely NOTHING..
Do they not bring cash?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:one question what does this Kings team bring to the league absolutely NOTHING..
Do they not bring cash?
Also bring us 5 points
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

If our downward slide isn't stopped, people might be asking what Ulster bring to the league in a few years time.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Ahh yes I now see that each team benefited from 500,000 euros to help with the cost of travel etc and that Sky and Guinness wanted to explore the great SA market.. I worry however that they now realise what some may have already expected that these two franchises are poorly watched and may not widen the market as first anticipated...

I suspect the wider viewing figures in SA will be a more telling figure as without the market sponsors will move on elsewhere and no doubt the US will be high on the list of alternatives...

Apart from that I see two teams whose standard of play is an embarrassment to what I once thought of SA teams hell even the Hond and Diack might get a regular game for them..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

There may be doubts over the profitability of the SA teams but you cannot question the quality of the Cheetahs. They are third in their conference with 41 points. They definitely add quality.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:There may be doubts over the profitability of the SA teams but you cannot question the quality of the Cheetahs. They are third in their conference with 41 points. They definitely add quality.
Thought ref and assistants were giving them a hard time yesterday, then again it was Welsh assistants in Wales
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

If only they’d had a nice Lady Referee...
GUBU
Novice

Post by GUBU »

BR wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:
BR wrote:So what was the kicking challenge?
UR set out a flat (about 2m white flat square sheet) just in front of the 22 and three people had a go at kicking from hand at the halfway to land the ball on the square. One decent attempt and two disasters in quick succession made it a rather dull moment, no build up that you get when kicking from the tee.

Band are still crap.
Thanks. And what method did UR use to force everyone to watch? Did they close the bars 10 minutes beforehand? Send a team of German shepherds into the food village? Arm eventsec with cattle prods to ensure those on the terrace paid attention?
I hope you included the ideas about dogs and cattle prods in your season ticket survey. Inducing fear and panic, and inflicting actual pain, would certainly be useful ways to liven up the crowd on a quiet night.

Perhaps the footage from the dogs being released into the food village could be shown on the big screens as part of the half time entertainment?
“It was a bizarre happening, an unprecedented situation, a grotesque situation, an almost unbelievable mischance.”
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

GUBU wrote:
BR wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:
BR wrote:So what was the kicking challenge?
UR set out a flat (about 2m white flat square sheet) just in front of the 22 and three people had a go at kicking from hand at the halfway to land the ball on the square. One decent attempt and two disasters in quick succession made it a rather dull moment, no build up that you get when kicking from the tee.

Band are still crap.
Thanks. And what method did UR use to force everyone to watch? Did they close the bars 10 minutes beforehand? Send a team of German shepherds into the food village? Arm eventsec with cattle prods to ensure those on the terrace paid attention?
I hope you included the ideas about dogs and cattle prods in your season ticket survey.

Perhaps the footage from the dogs being released into the food village could be shown on the big screens as part of the half time entertainment?
just send the band into the food village that would get everyone out. Might be a health and safety issue though as a stampede to the terraces might ensue.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

I'm not sure about the German shepherds. A bunch of blokes called Hans, even with their crooks, don't sound that threatening. Better letting loose some big, vicious dogs .
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Just tell Rodders he gets to sample a freebie from every food vendor in Spanners and he’ll scare the crowds back onto the terracing. Watching him eat would be far scarier than some Nazi Alsatians.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Tender wrote:Just tell Rodders he gets to sample a freebie from every food vendor in Spanners and he’ll scare the crowds back onto the terracing. Watching him eat would be far scarier than some Nazi Alsatians.
That's just reminded me of Rodney the Torpedo on Friday night. It's the first time I've ever seen the ball carrier make a no arms tackle. Legendary moment.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.