Championship scenario

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Championship scenario

Post by big mervyn »

Liz Fraser wrote:For the record I'd kick it off.
I think.
For the record. If I was on the pitch and you did that, I'd give you a boot up the hole. No thinking required.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Definitely go for the win. Last year at Lansdowne when we humbled those cocky shitehawks most of their fans left before the trophy was even presented. My how we laughed and pointed at them, especially the 3 mouthy banker who sang Swing Low at the back of my head and talked incessant crap for 80 minutes.

Winning a league means nothing compared to something we have achieved merely twice in history. Rory would have some CV if he managed a Slam as captain. If Sexton (who often behaves like he thinks he's captain) even contemplated going for touch and I was Rory I would bate his balleeks in.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Russ wrote:
Deraless wrote:Kick the thread into the International section? Image

With us all on tippytalk the structure no longer matters

Everything in it's right place!

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Can't see us being 5 points down to an average Lionelbosh side anyway. I think France will beat them too.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:Here's a scenario that might well happen.
We are 5 points down to England in the last game deep in our half on last play and we have the ball.
We need the lbp for the championship and a converted try for the slam.

Do we kick the ball off to secure the championship or run it and risk a penalty concession to lose the championship to go for the slam?

Mulled this over and I'm sure there has to be discussion on this if there is a possibility of these types of scenario arising.
No brainer. Beating the Lionels in their backyard is the main prize. feck the Slam/Triple Crown/Milennial cup and any other fripperies. They are mere distractions.
Au contraire mon frere. To me there's little so satisfying as watching Perfidious Albion winning the match and having to receive the utterly pointless Triple Crown dish while Rory raises the 6N Trophy.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Here’s a scenario.

In the last minute of a game away from home Ulster have the ball in their own half and are 5 points down.

Would we classify that as a victory?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

If t has been a tight game with defences on top then i would probably kick it out. Rory would get pilloried for that though. The oercentage in some ways is probably to go for it, as a knock on or the like and no-one says anything. It is only if we concede a lenalty or an intercept that people would be raging.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Bart S wrote:If t has been a tight game with defences on top then i would probably kick it out. Rory would get pilloried for that though. The oercentage in some ways is probably to go for it, as a knock on or the like and no-one says anything. It is only if we concede a lenalty or an intercept that people would be raging.
Rory mightier be on the pitch.by then.
That's why I am on about making it a collective decision before the game so no one man is the fall guy.
I think you should claim a victory for an Ulster 5 point loss btw.
I would cheer a kick off regather as things now stand..
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Liz Fraser wrote:For the record I'd kick it off.
I think.
Wee Joey will have been sprung by that stage as Janny is ballixed and PJ is not yet ready for a comeback

Wee Joey to miss touch and had England the championship

thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Beating the Saxons in their own back yard to put a grand slam in the bag? No brainer. That's what ambitious teams do.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND