Who will decide

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

twiglet
Initiate

Who will decide

Post by twiglet »

I, like many others, realised a number of weeks ago that Paddy and Stuart would have to be cleared of rape charges following the eye witness account.

Today I am pleased that the lads have been found not guilty.

My problem now is how this IRFU/ UR committee will deal with it.

Will it be a case of allowing them back to work as soon as possible or will they find it easier to off-load Paddy and Stuart rather than stand up to the Twitter brigade. Will the hashtag ' I believe Her' have some importance?

I, for one, will not renew my season ticket if UR don't stand up for their players. The players both said that they are looking forward to playing for Ulster and Ireland.

Should supporters of Ulster let Bryn et al. know that they want Paddy and Stuart back playing for Ulster - we really need them.
Dharper
Steward

Re: Who will decide

Post by Dharper »

Logan already passed the buck re the IRFU making the decision. Bryn has a sense of the fans more than most. Twitteresque lily allen types will move on in a few weeks. If UR fans (on the whole) think the 2 lads are getting shafted they’ll walk and take their money with them.....the greater risk in my opinion is binning them not keeping them, and that is just off the pitch, not on it.
I’d take my chances with so called sponsor pull outs.

I think the review will work out for the lads but it won’t be comfortable for them.
They need to stick it out
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

twiglet wrote:I, like many others, realised a number of weeks ago that Paddy and Stuart would have to be cleared of rape charges following the eye witness account.

Today I am pleased that the lads have been found not guilty.

My problem now is how this IRFU/ UR committee will deal with it.

Will it be a case of allowing them back to work as soon as possible or will they find it easier to off-load Paddy and Stuart rather than stand up to the Twitter brigade. Will the hashtag ' I believe Her' have some importance?

I, for one, will not renew my season ticket if UR don't stand up for their players. The players both said that they are looking forward to playing for Ulster and Ireland.

Should supporters of Ulster let Bryn et al. know that they want Paddy and Stuart back playing for Ulster - we really need them.
I'm totally with you on this but worry that the decision making process will drag on longer than our world-wide search for a coach and extend beyond the renewal date.

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

This is even bigger a decision as whether to keep Ruan. UR fans already feel aggrieved, being asked to watch 2nd rate euro rugby next season, with toothless management and a perception of Irfu anti Ulster biased would be enough for some supporters to walk which Wouldn’t be in anyone’s interests. Timing is everything on this. Also if they were binned, I’d be deeply disappointed in Bryn....letting them go is not in URs interests.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I fear that they won’t play on this island again. Protect the image.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Bogbunny
Initiate

Post by Bogbunny »

The guys have been unanimously found innocent in a very short time by the Jury.

Ulster should stand firmly behind their friends and colleagues and give unequivocal support to them straight away. To do otherwise is a complete failure by Ulster Rugby.
Respect

A cavalier among pork swordsmen.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dharper wrote:Logan already passed the buck re the IRFU making the decision. Bryn has a sense of the fans more than most. Twitteresque lily allen types will move on in a few weeks. If UR fans (on the whole) think the 2 lads are getting shafted they’ll walk and take their money with them.....the greater risk in my opinion is binning them not keeping them, and that is just off the pitch, not on it.

I think the review will work out for the lads but it won’t be comfortable for them.
I have been told by an excellent source that Logan passed nothing, buck or otherwise.
Listen, Logan habitually bigs up his role in everything, So just ignore half of what he says.

Paddy and Stu are employed by the IRFU. They were stood down by the IRFU and they will be reinstated by the IRFU, following an investigation by the IRFU.
UR is part of the IRFU and is the particular branch of the IRFU where the guys are based. The investigation will be conducted by the IRFU and UR will have an "input". As with all such major matters, in the interests of impartiality and confidentiality, the investigation will be taken off site, which in this case means to head office Dublin.
That's how it works with my employer and this sound much the same.

There will be an investigation into whether they are in breach of the conduct terms of their contracts. If they have, there will be consequences ranging from a slap on the wrist to dismissal. If they haven't there will be another press release like today's stating that there's nothing to see or be done. the IRFU will be seen to have taken the matter seriously and dealt with it by the book.
UR, Bryn and Logan will be told what has to happen.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

If the international door is still open they'll stay.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:If the international door is still open they'll stay.
Joe needs Paddy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Cheers Snipe....I look forward to 2 ulstermen and quality rugby players lining up at 10 and 15 at the start of next season, once their heads are cleared....facing going down the big steps is huge psychological pressure and it might only hit the lads the enormity of it sometime in the future. I genuinely hope that someone speaks to them from a welfare point of view, nearly 2 yrs of pressure could have done untold damage. feck the season, it’s gone, their mental health is more important.
I hope they realise there is a section of the internet that supports them.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Kofi Annan wrote:I fear that they won’t play on this island again. Protect the image.
Thinking the same. They should be allowed to but I doubt they will. France maybe, wouldn’t surprise me to see them head off to London Irish under Kidney-Kiss. They’ll be nobodies around London so be able to try to live normal quiet lives as possible. They’ll be jeered here on the pitch and badgered everywhere they go off the pitch. Tbh - if that were me, I’d be off before giving IRFU a chance. They need to rebuild their lives just like the complainant will need to pick up the pieces too as I have no doubt her identity is widely known too.

joe needs paddy - no he didn’t. Olding even less, sure he wasn’t even getting regular starts for Ulster.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
big mervyn wrote:If the international door is still open they'll stay.
Joe needs Paddy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
When Paddy was stood down from playing, he was putting serious pressure on Sexton for the no.1 fly half spot. It remains to be seen, how he comes back after his harrowing layoff.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

TopPoster wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:I fear that they won’t play on this island again. Protect the image.
Thinking the same. They should be allowed to but I doubt they will.
Why?
Either of you?
And don't give me some crapola about what the suits say or think.

This is an HR matter that will be carried out by management, but guided by HR to ensure that everything is done according to employment legislation. Opinion will not come in to it.

ps If you have heard of a predetermined outcome, Paddy and Stu's solicitors would love to hear from you.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dharper wrote:Logan already passed the buck re the IRFU making the decision. Bryn has a sense of the fans more than most. Twitteresque lily allen types will move on in a few weeks. If UR fans (on the whole) think the 2 lads are getting shafted they’ll walk and take their money with them.....the greater risk in my opinion is binning them not keeping them, and that is just off the pitch, not on it.

I have been told by an excellent source that Logan passed nothing, buck or otherwise.
Listen, Logan habitually bigs up his role in everything, So just ignore half of what he says.

Paddy and Stu are employed by the IRFU. They were stood down by the IRFU and they will be reinstated by the IRFU, following an investigation by the IRFU.
UR is part of the IRFU and is the particular branch of the IRFU where the guys are based. The investigation will be conducted by the IRFU and UR will have an "input". As with all such major matters, in the interests of impartiality and confidentiality, the investigation will be taken off site, which in this case means to head office Dublin.
That's how it works with my employer and this sound much the same.

There will be an investigation into whether they are in breach of the conduct terms of their contracts. If they have, there will be consequences ranging from a slap on the wrist to dismissal. If they haven't there will be another press release like today's stating that there's nothing to see or be done. the IRFU will be seen to have taken the matter seriously and dealt with it by the book.
UR, Bryn and Logan will be told what has to happen.
Snipe... we don’t always agree on everything but yes this is the IRFUs call with UR at least at the table if not just for show only.

I have also heard now on more than one occasion that sponsors concerns may weight heavily on any final decision... I wonder will it be a case of sponsors v supporters for the IRFU if so only one winner.

Two views today from informed sources they will never play for Ulster again. I hope they are wrong.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Roidster
Novice

Post by Roidster »

Found not guilty. Matter closed. Would love to see them playing again for Ulster if that is what they want. Can imagine the noise at the RDS if PJ is lining up a kick though...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk