Will Addison

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

stickinout
Warrior Chief

Re: Will Addison

Post by stickinout »

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:Was Peel at Sale when Addison first came through?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Oh feck...not another one.
yeah, i didn't think of that one either. Still, we've had such bad luck with the signings, surely we're going to get a couple of real crackers soon??
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Guess what? He's injured and unavailable this weekend. He'll fit in well. :roll:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

for dog and ulcer wrote:Guess what? He's injured and unavailable this weekend. He'll fit in well. :roll:
Maybe he's been wassaping?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

for dog and ulcer wrote:Guess what? He's injured and unavailable this weekend. He'll fit in well. :roll:
He was pretty much unavailable for much of last season if not mistaken..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

12 weeks out injured this season and has lasted 8 minutes today, off with a hamstring injury....another sick note?
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

scrum5 wrote:12 weeks out injured this season and has lasted 8 minutes today, off with a hamstring injury....another sick note?
No
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

scrum5 wrote:12 weeks out injured this season and has lasted 8 minutes today, off with a hamstring injury....another sick note?
scrum... I spoke to someone that frequents the Sharks and is a coach of a local side so has a decent knowledge of things IMHO..his view of this guy is he's a decent bloke (isn't that one of our major signing criteria apart from ACL's) but yes over the past year or so he is a bit of a break-down merchant and he feels that the Sharks have better options going forward...

but then at the start of the Kiss campaign many on here said we had the best backline in Europe.. then we lost Ruan (which BTW we knew long before it eventually happened), Paddy and Stuart due to we know what, now Trimble and Bowe (on the wane anyhow) and Charles who we knew was going way back.. There has of course been little or no long term planning at the club for a while and the claim that we have huge gaps in age and player profiles recently simply confirmed what was known.. The clear out was coming because one or two and I suspect Anderson was at the fore realised that there was simply too much waste lauding itself as Ulster Legends of the future so a bit of cruel but kind was coming..

I'd sooner see the HOND dumped and the not inconsiderable current waste of money being deployed to bring on a few more kids in the Academy... Rodney would be another go with O'Toole given a chance and we'd already have the guts of a 1/4 M in the bank.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

While Kilcoyne has linked up with Ireland this week in Sydney, there was an interesting visitor last week in Melbourne in the shape of the Ulster-bound and Irish-qualified back Will Addison, who Ireland say was in the city visiting his sister.

It’s understood Schmidt played a role in luring the 25-year-old to Ulster ahead of next season and his involvement at Ireland training last week suggests he has a strong chance of breaking into the national set-up in the future.

Addison, who can play in midfield or the back three, was club captain at Sale Sharks up until the end of the season and his signature is something of a coup for Ulster.

“In Will’s case, he was over visiting family and he had an opportunity to come in,” said Easterby. “I guess when you’ve got someone who’s moving to Ulster and is Irish-qualified and we had the opportunity to get him into the squad was good, and for the players to meet him.

“It was quite a useful time for him and for us to see him in action.”
42.ie
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Doing a Tom Court?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Joe realised Bobbo is dung and Joey can't hack it at fullback or 10

Absolute panic stations in D4

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

http://www.the42.ie/ireland-one-hit-won ... 9-Jun2018/
We had Will Addison over here in Melbourne and he is heading to Ulster, so there is a bit of new blood, new talent, new competition coming in. He was sharp when he trained with us, we were a few numbers down.
Addison over in Oz.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Russ wrote:Joe realised Bobbo is dung and Joey can't hack it at fullback or 10

Didn’t you used to tell us how dung POM was as well?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bart S wrote:
Russ wrote:Joe realised Bobbo is dung and Joey can't hack it at fullback or 10

Didn’t you used to tell us how dung POM was as well?
In undue fairness to young Russell, he was far from alone in disparaging POM, neither should it be forgotten that Murray was deemed useless also in these parts. I may be wrong but in general, I believe anti-Munster bigotry here may be at an all-time low. I have long been a Munster fan, I had no such mental blockages.

As my old Grandfather used oft opine: paper doesn't refuse ink. :roll:

Now, all that said, Bob was back to his useless worst on Saturday, much to my great pleasure and he even threw in a few trademark "pretend tackles" whilst not in any way risking his manly jawline.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Now, on topic, I've given this a fair bit of thought since March when the signing was announced. I've decided the answer is, no, probably not.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Oh, did Ireland have a game last Saturday? Never noticed. Mainly because I no longer give a toss about internationals. I just hope they haven't broken any of our players - that's my only interest.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians