Who will decide

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Who will decide

Post by BaggyTrousers »

WeeWorld wrote:Labour senator apologises for tweet.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/c ... 88337.html
My tweet of 28 March concerning the Belfast rape trial was not designed or intended to suggest that either Paddy Jackson or any of the other accused men were guilty or that the jury got it wrong.

"I apologise for any suggestion to the contrary. I accept that I was not privy to all the evidence put before the jury during the trial.

"I will not be making any further comment.
LOOK .................. this was what we see day & daily, a self-serving politician attempt to ride the wave of public opinion. If the guys return to play, fair enough, let the clown have a free pass.

However should they be gassed, I hope they will sue every ballix like this asshole for contributing to their demise.

However, I tell you this free, gratis & for sweet FA. If they do go I suggest that the people who pull the trigger will be sponsors, might be worth starting a wee thread on the sponsors and see whose skeletons rattle around which cupborads?

EH? What do you think Kingspan before you go all holier than the next gobshite, how much of your insulation went up in the Grenfell Tower fire that killed 71 people? Sure you say you didn't supply it directly, sure it may not have been installed as you would have recommended, but it was your product that was at least in part responsible for 71 deaths.

So Kingspan, if you have a clear conscience - and you probably do - feel free to think that you are above any connection to Jackosn & Olding, but don't be at all surprised if people chose to spread rumours about you on social media as has happened about 2 young rugby players, names blackened, as black as a Grenfell corpse you might say. Not really a pretty image is it,
not something you would like your name associated with. Eh? What about them apples KINGSPAN, you still feeling holier than the next man.

I tell you what, from where I'm standing, it should be Ulster Rugby asking, " Do we really want to be associated with a company whose product played a part in a 71 death disaster?" and you have the brass neck to talk about young men's supposedly private bullshite as if you were virtuous.

Other Sponsors unhappy?

BT maybe - well there is another prime example of a company I want no part of with their nasty little secret deals to ruin European Rugby which now enjoys substantially lower sponsorship than when the Heineken Cup prevailed. I thought sponsorship was an idea to bring money in, not see it walk out the door.

BT eh? Ethical? What in fu'cks name is ethical in committing business users to an automatic update that gives less bang for their buck?

NO idea what other sponsors may or may not be involved in a sickening display of flawlessness, but I did hear a rumour that someone highly placed in Vodaphone - you know the company with the logo on the Ireland shirt - is very friendly with at least one of the most outraged people in the entire 48 counties of Ireland - at least thats the number of counties many of these gowls will think there are as their modus operandi is to spout bullshite with little or no grasp of facts. :roll:

I hope that should the guys be gassed that when we all consider whose products or services we buy, that any who fail to point to the fact that they have made no representations to UR or FIRFU on this matter are considered potential enemies of the rugby public of Ulster and alternative sources of product/service are engaged.

I can only speak for myself but I wish I could say: We the rugby people of Ulster will remember the names of companies involved in this public witch hunt and will remember never again to buy their products.

To think some people scoffed when I declared war on Nucifora and the FIRFU. Yes, it may have been akin to the Skibbereen Eagle's cautionary words to Hitler, but neither they nor I am any less sincere for that. I feel the time is close to ordering a missile strike, but I doubt Israel will be willing to cooperate.

So, brothers and sisters, we know BT have shat their pants, the only huge sponsor has to be Kingspan as Bank of Ireland would lose all credibility were they to suggest an interest in ethics having been bailed out like the rest in the greedfest, so in short my money will be on Kingspan whose insulation makes a queer firestarter in the wrong hands, BT & perhaps Vodaphone.

If they go at behest of sponsors, remember those three names - BT KINGSPAN & VODAPHONE, I hope I'm not damning someone in the wrong but that is my best guess. I will not forget those names & urge you all to make notes in the wee section of your brian marked "my shitlist: do no business with these people". As Snipe says, if they are invilved the names will come out.
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
WeeWorld wrote:Labour senator apologises for tweet.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/c ... 88337.html
My tweet of 28 March concerning the Belfast rape trial was not designed or intended to suggest that either Paddy Jackson or any of the other accused men were guilty or that the jury got it wrong.

"I apologise for any suggestion to the contrary. I accept that I was not privy to all the evidence put before the jury during the trial.

"I will not be making any further comment.
LOOK .................. this was what we see day & daily, a self-serving politician attempt to ride the wave of public opinion. If the guys return to play, fair enough, let the clown have a free pass.

However should they be gassed, I hope they will sue every ballix like this asshole for contributing to their demise.

However, I tell you this free, gratis & for sweet FA. If they do go I suggest that the people who pull the trigger will be sponsors, might be worth starting a wee thread on the sponsors and see whose skeletons rattle around which cupborads?

EH? What do you think Kingspan before you go all holier than the next gobshite, how much of you insulation went up in the Grenfell Tower fore that killed 71 people? Sure you say you didn't supply it directly, sure it may not have been installed as you would have recommended, but it was your product that was at least in part responsible for 71 deaths.

So Kingspan, if you have a clear conscience - and you probably do - feel free to think that you are above any connection to Jackosn & Olding, but don't be at all surprised if people chose to spread rumours about you on social media as has happened about 2 young rugby players, names blackened, as black as a Grenfell corpse you might say. Not really a pretty image is it,
not something you would like your name associated with. Eh? What about them apples KINGSPAN, you still feeling holier than the next man.

I tell you what, from where I'm standing, it should be Ulster Rugby asking, " Do we really want to be associated with a company whose product played a part in a 71 death disaster?" and you have the brass neck to talk about young men's supposedly private bullshite as if you were virtuous.

Other Sponsors unhappy?

BT maybe - well there is another prime example of a company I want no part of with their nasty little secret deals to ruin European Rugby which now enjoys substantially lower sponsorship than when the Heineken Cup prevailed. I thought sponsorship was an idea to bring money in, not see it walk out the door.

BT eh? Ethical? What in fu'cks name is ethical in committing business users to an automatic update that gives less bang for their buck?

NO idea what other sponsors may or may not be involved in a sickening display of flawlessness, but I did hear a rumour that someone highly placed in Vodaphone - you know the company with the logo on the Ireland shirt - is very friendly with at least one of the most outraged people in the entire 48 counties of Ireland - at least thats the number of counties many of these gowls will think there are as their modus operandi is to spout bullshite with little or no grasp of facts. :roll:

I hope that should the guys be gassed that when we all consider whose products or services we buy, that any who fail to point to the fact that they have made no representations to UR or FIRFU on this matter are considered potential enemies of the rugby public of Ulster and alternative sources of product/service are engaged.

I can only speak for myself but I wish I could say: We the rugby people of Ulster will remember the names of companies involved in this public witch hunt and will remember never again to buy their products.

To think some people scoffed when I declared war on Nucifora and the FIRFU. Yes, it may have been akin to the Skibbereen Eagle's cautionary words to Hitler, but neither they nor I am any less sincere for that. I feel the time is close to ordering a missile strike, but I doubt Israel will be willing to cooperate.

So, brothers and sisters, we know BT have shat their pants, the only huge sponsor has to be Kingspan as Bank of Ireland would lose all credibility were they to suggest an interest in ethics having been bailed out like the rest in the greedfest, so in short my money will be on Kingspan whose insulation makes a queer firestarter in the wrong hands, BT & perhaps Vodaphone.

If they go at behest of sponsors, remember those three names - BT KINGSPAN & VODAPHONE, I hope I'm not damning someone in the wrong but that is my best guess. I will not forget those names & urge you all to make notes in the wee section of your brian marked "my shitlist: do no business with these people". As Snipe says, if they are invilved the names will come out.
Just a gentle reminder that Belfast Telegraph are a sponsor

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Rooster wrote:Wonder will we have any of these at the gates on Friday

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/09/topless-p ... to=twitter
Why am I thinking about O'Hara's bakery?
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

jackthelad wrote:
Rooster wrote:Wonder will we have any of these at the gates on Friday

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/09/topless-p ... to=twitter
Why am I thinking about O'Hara's bakery?
Baps ?
That may or may not be sexist, weather on Friday May not be suitable, and for anyone tempted don't handle the goods !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Or buns. Maybe one of each.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

I honestly think Jackson and Olding will be told to pack their bags very soon (before the Ospreys game). If they are told to leave, then i can’t see how Gilroy can stay, as his offence would be as bad as Jackson’s.

So the mass clearout may start well before the end of the season and include players whi are neither Daves nor well past their best. In fact in 2 of the cases at keast, players Ulster could definitely do with holding onto.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Bart S wrote:I honestly think Jackson and Olding will be told to pack their bags very soon (before the Ospreys game). If they are told to leave, then i can’t see how Gilroy can stay, as his offence would be as bad as Jackson’s.

So the mass clearout may start well before the end of the season and include players whi are neither Daves nor well past their best. In fact in 2 of the cases at keast, players Ulster could definitely do with holding onto.
I feel if the wind was blowing that way, Paddy would not have released his statement last week.
Why would he release a second statement when he and his legal representative said their piece outside court?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Bart S wrote:I honestly think Jackson and Olding will be told to pack their bags very soon (before the Ospreys game). If they are told to leave, then i can’t see how Gilroy can stay, as his offence would be as bad as Jackson’s.

I feel if the wind was blowing that way, Paddy would not have released his statement last week.
Why would he release a second statement when he and his legal representative said their piece outside court?
Sponsor pressure, FFFS can you people not read?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Paddy won't be sacked for writing 'there was a lot of spit' on a wassap group. Gilroy wrote something worse.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

:scratch: Why would he give a toss about sponsor pressure if he is being canned?
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

The discount period for existing season ticket holders expires on 30th April. Do you think the committee will have come to a decision before then?
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

If they are shafted I certainly will not be using any of the mentioned companies.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

twiglet wrote:The discount period for existing season ticket holders expires on 30th April. Do you think the committee will have come to a decision before then?
Yes I think it will possibly end this week. There's no advantage to having it trail on. Wait till the dust settles somewhat and then make the call.
I think there will be a choreographed series of announcements and suspect Paddy's second statement on Friday was part 1.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

I thought the review only started today?

But then if it started today, who reviewed the text messages last Tuesday?

Who decided to include Gilroy?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Snipe Watson wrote:
twiglet wrote:The discount period for existing season ticket holders expires on 30th April. Do you think the committee will have come to a decision before then?
Yes I think it will possibly end this week. There's no advantage to having it trail on. Wait till the dust settles somewhat and then make the call.
I think there will be a choreographed series of announcements and suspect Paddy's second statement on Friday was part 1.
Hope you are right Snipe although like i said, i expect all 3 to be dismissed this week.

I think a further ban until the start of next season and having to undertake some kind of awareness training will be the best outcome anyone who wants them back could expect.