New Coach

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Columbo
Steward

Re: New Coach

Post by Columbo »

kingofthehill wrote:Interviews started this morning.

If I was an incoming coach I wouldn’t be signing anything until I knew what was happening with Jacko and olding.
Absolutely not.. a very important point, the retention of these 2 in the squad (particularly PJ) is pretty material to the likelihood of the incoming coach's success next year
..one more thing
Bullneck

Post by Bullneck »

Perhaps he is the sort of fit right in

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... on-2170154

but, then again.....
GUBU
Novice

Post by GUBU »

Cornerfleg wrote:I like Shaun Edwards, in as much I hate him if he is anywhere else. If ever we needed a no nonsense, hard as feck, pig headed, determined, SOB ... he's the man. Cockers is doing it at Edinburgh ... we need some pride, steel and feckin manners slapped about the place. I'd be happy if thon we hard nosed b*******d got the gig. Soon sort out the pansies, phone ins and high time fliers from the real rugby players.

He might even restore a bit of respect about the place. Then again I could see him telling D4 and Joe to get launched and decking Logie if he starts anymore world domination shyte.... The masters in Mexico would never sanction a wee spide like Edwards ... but IMHO he's exactly what we need.
Edwards is uncouth, arrogant, abrasive, aggressive and not above cuffing the odd ear if you displease him, if stories are to be believed.

You're right - he sounds exactly what we need.

If he's appointed, will there be a clause in his contract barring him from putting the heid into anyone singing 'The Wild Rover' on the bus after matches?
“It was a bizarre happening, an unprecedented situation, a grotesque situation, an almost unbelievable mischance.”
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Mallinder was the only name mentioned on the wireless this morning.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

They’ll likely appoint Anna Nolan
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

Please not Malinder. Any head coach who had Hartley AND Calum Clarke on their team (with their disciplinary records) should not be appointed at UR.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Bullneck wrote:Perhaps he is the sort of fit right in

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... on-2170154

but, then again.....
Edwards it is then >burp
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

Happiness as D o Rugby Edwards for coach
OldMan
Novice

Post by OldMan »

Interviews started this morning.

If I was an incoming coach I wouldn’t be signing anything until I knew what was happening with Jacko and olding.

Please please please whoever is employed they are allowed to bring in their own team.

Lessons will hopefully be learnt from past experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Are the interviews for DoR or Head Coach? IIRC, at the Season Ticket meeting with Bryn, he clearly stated that the position of Head Coach was the priority
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cracker wrote:Why not Big-al.
I don't think he is even remotely qualified.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy his contribution to this forum, but that doesn't mean he could be head-coach.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
Cracker wrote:Why not Big-al.
I don't think he is even remotely qualified.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy his contribution to this forum, but that doesn't mean he could be head-coach.
I might go a step further, but in the round, spot on.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Has it come to this, a choice of failed Lionels? I'd have Willie Anderson before any of them & I'd have McGlock back before Willie, maybe with Willie.

It's not purely insular, I just don't believe from the evidence of Lions tours that the Lionels understand what makes weesins across the shuck tick.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
LUMBERJACK
Novice

Post by LUMBERJACK »

“Our ability to string three passes together has been up and down through the season which has sort of negated a bit of our tactical opportunity,” Gibbes continued.

I will miss Gibbs sporadic bursts of forthrightness.
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

LUMBERJACK wrote:“Our ability to string three passes together has been up and down through the season which has sort of negated a bit of our tactical opportunity,” Gibbes continued.

I will miss Gibbs sporadic bursts of forthrightness.

Loved that too when I read it............. chuckled at the honesty
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

Just read my previous post. Happiness should read Mallinder predictive text is a bitch.
"Mallinder for DoRugby Edwards for Head coach"