Who will decide

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Who will decide

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:I see the organisers of the protest have been asked to clarify their stance on Jay Donnelly and have refused to give an answer

Strange one that given the charges. Must only hate wassaps or rugger

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Maybe they'll start harassing him if he's found Not Guilty.

Strange one that. The club have not suspended him. contrary to the wishes of many fans, and even though criminal proceedings have started.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

BBC.JPG
BBC.JPG (34.84 KiB) Viewed 788 times
More BBC biased reporting
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

BBC conflict of interest.

Some of the comments on the rally fb page are imbecilic. Completely blinkered as to all facts and still going on about the verdict.

I feel so sorry for the guys that they were unable to get several pieces of evidence into court that would have shown everyone what a piece of work this young "lady" is. But then she had protection in court and I don't just mean from the legal process.

And someone complaining about a post congratulating Stu in 2016.Image

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

We need a few chants of "There's only one Paddy Jackson" and "There's only one Stuart Olding" tomorrow night.

Perhaps Grumps might help to get it going :D
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

People who use words like "horrified" about the appearance of a picture of an innocent man need to take a good look at themselves.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

I had hoped for once to disagree with Baggy but with the BofI now making noises and these vociferous harridans I fear the worst.
May have to switch to France and Pau.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

I can't believe the stance which the Bank of Ireland seems to be taking.

When one considers the financial scandals of recent years and the billions of euro/pounds they have needed to stay afloat. BofI are still involved in a mortgage tracker scandal which has cost their customers thousands of euro.

Does anyone know the value of their sponsorship?

As has already been suggested I believe that UR is not as valuable a commodity; with the loss of BBC broadcasting and uncertainty of heineken cup rugby and it is an easy way out for BofI.

I would also ask that ALL of their customers who are UR supporters move their finances to other providers - there are lots of them offering better deals than BofI.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Let's not get ahead of ourselves on this.
They are being careful and saying that they are concerned, but there is no explicit threat to withdraw their sponsorship. Nor is there any indication that they want the guys fired or what would be an acceptable outcome.

All they are saying is that they are interested in the outcome of the review and taking the necessary steps to placate the part of their customer base that #believeher. It's a fine PR line they have to walk.
If the IRFU are seen by the public to sit on their hands and simply reinstate the guys, they will be widely viewed as being acquiescent. Any IRFU/UR sponsor will consequently be similarly regarded by association with the tainted brand. Anyone who doubts this is deluded.
Sponsors are entitled to express their concerns, they pay for that right. What they are not allowed to do is to exert undue influence on the IRFU to reach a particular outcome.

These messages were distasteful and crass, but it is also fair to say they should never have been in the public domain, but they are and that is fact. The gene is out of the bottle and can't be put back, so we are where we are and must move forward from here.
There is a road map through this, it's not intractable in fact its not even difficult.
1. Paddy and Stu have publicly expressed their regret.
2. The IRFU are painstakingly conducting their review.
Once the dust settles:
3. The IRFU announces that they have reviewed, updated and strengthened their player code of conduct.
4. The players involved have been punished in accordance with the internal disciplinary procedure and received the strongest possible warning.
5. All IRFU contracted players will be required to undertake training courses in social media use and gender awareness.

I feel this sequence of events would be acceptable to all but the hardest core harridans, who would only be satisfied with public flogging.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

You say they're not going to come back. I reckon they don't want to. Would you?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Press conference today @ 4pm allegedly

Decision time

From a semi reliable source
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Deraless wrote:The vast majority of the independent evidence from the other 3 girls supports the boys. That evidence could be said to be based on opinion or your word against mine. Some evidence presented was black and white. Off the top of my head:

I "got separated" from my friends vs CCTV footage

I didn't know who they were vs "at a party in Paddy Jackson's house!" + you better pretend you didn't know them.

I was expecting my friends to follow vs "at a party in Paddy Jackson's house!"

Halfway up stairs I could see phone on bedside chair vs humans have not evolved x-ray vision

Harrison would have seen blood all over trousers vs blood not all over trousers.

Never slept a wink vs complete internet silence after arriving home until morning

I jumped up, pushed them away and ran out vs use of Uber app previously.

ie. Repeated small lies, nothing to do with subjectivity or interpretation.

Excellent post Deraless. I'd have paid £5 to see that put into the BellyLaugh. I hadn't heard of most of the info above and i kept a healthy interest in the case through two newspaper sources. :thumright: :salut:
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Snipe. Very well written piece. I share those thoughts in that a fair, just and determined organisation driven by strong leadership should and would do in this position. However I do not think that (1) The FIFU are fair and just to their Northen Province, and (2) the strong leadership needed from URFU to ensure the masters at IRFU make fair and just decisions is frankly woefully weak and inadequate.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Kofi Annan wrote:
BBC.JPG
More BBC biased reporting
Someone who's brave in front of a camera, send an email to that address and ask them if they want to hear the other side of the story?
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Snipe Watson wrote:Let's not get ahead of ourselves on this.
They are being careful and saying that they are concerned, but there is no explicit threat to withdraw their sponsorship. Nor is there any indication that they want the guys fired or what would be an acceptable outcome.

All they are saying is that they are interested in the outcome of the review and taking the necessary steps to placate the part of their customer base that #believeher. It's a fine PR line they have to walk.
If the IRFU are seen by the public to sit on their hands and simply reinstate the guys, they will be widely viewed as being acquiescent. Any IRFU/UR sponsor will consequently be similarly regarded by association with the tainted brand. Anyone who doubts this is deluded.
Sponsors are entitled to express their concerns, they pay for that right. What they are not allowed to do is to exert undue influence on the IRFU to reach a particular outcome.

These messages were distasteful and crass, but it is also fair to say they should never have been in the public domain, but they are and that is fact. The gene is out of the bottle and can't be put back, so we are where we are and must move forward from here.
There is a road map through this, it's not intractable in fact its not even difficult.
1. Paddy and Stu have publicly expressed their regret.
2. The IRFU are painstakingly conducting their review.
Once the dust settles:
3. The IRFU announces that they have reviewed, updated and strengthened their player code of conduct.
4. The players involved have been punished in accordance with the internal disciplinary procedure and received the strongest possible warning.
5. All IRFU contracted players will be required to undertake training courses in social media use and gender awareness.

I feel this sequence of events would be acceptable to all but the hardest core harridans, who would only be satisfied with public flogging.
I'd be delighted if this was the outcome.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

I'm pretty sure I saw a clip of Ulster players getting social media training a couple of seasons ago in the Fitzwilliam hotel possibly?

Most workplaces require it and I'm sure those in the public eye have to as well.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten