Andrew Friend

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Re: Andrew Friend

Post by Deraless »

Gary wrote:It could be someone who hasn't told the wife yet that she's got to live in NI. Wants to break it gently during a romantic evening in a posh restaurant.
Do they even have Boojum in Aus?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

He’s taking her to Little Wing at the Hack and then Todds for a pint afterwards. He couldn’t get a table at The Mandarin City and Stokers isn’t up to scratch.
Once she’s had thon 24 incher in her gub, she’ll not care where she’s living.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

west22 wrote:I don’t think it’s Friend. He’s not currently working, finished with the sevens team after the Commonwealth Games.
From the three listed Mallinder, Friend and Moore, Moore is the only one working.

The few weeks notice sounds like someone working with a side in Europe waiting for their league season to finish. So I’ve no idea who this could be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kingofthehill wrote:You think someone like Christian Lealiffano would have a friend interested in the job.

Mallinder ,Moore and Edwards were not interviewed by Nucifora.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

According to Bryn it is our number one choice so unless he has lost the plot it cannot be Friend
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
prawnsarnies
Novice

Post by prawnsarnies »

Rooster wrote:According to Bryn it is our number one choice so unless he has lost the plot it cannot be Friend
My thoughts exactly
"You have to find to find your own solace - your own drive, your own ambition, your own inner strength; for the greatest game of your f**king life." Jim Telfer, 1st Test, Lions Tour 1997
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

prawnsarnies wrote:
Rooster wrote:According to Bryn it is our number one choice so unless he has lost the plot it cannot be Friend
My thoughts exactly
Les was the no.1 target last time, so why not?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:
prawnsarnies wrote:
My thoughts exactly
Les was the no.1 target last time, so why not?
Les was the only target. It's not hard to be first in a one horse race.

More Logan crapola.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I am sure he will put bums on seats not that we need them.. even without the put bums on seats signing that was Charles leaving and half the country saying they won't cross the doors again ticket sales are rolling along nicely.. we have short memories in Norn Iron..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:I am sure he will put bums on seats not that we need them.. even without the put bums on seats signing that was Charles leaving and half the country saying they won't cross the doors again ticket sales are rolling along nicely.. we have short memories in Norn Iron..
We're also somewhat light on other options if you want to watch sport.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

prawnsarnies wrote:
My thoughts exactly
Did he say that, or did he say he is a ‘primary target’. Not sure that means the same thing
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Well Bryn has nowhere to go on this one, he appeared pretty happy to me. UR and IRFU both happy with the appointment/primary target secured.....we’ll see exactly whether BC has played a blinder or not. Sounded clearly like the target is still in action, at his present club.If we r talking re id and culture would a previous connection to UR not make sense?
Davidson is only 1 yr into a 3 yr deal as forwards coach at Bordeaux, but is also a previous head coach in aurillac.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dharper wrote:Well Bryn has nowhere to go on this one, he appeared pretty happy to me. UR and IRFU both happy with the appointment/primary target secured.....we’ll see exactly whether BC has played a blinder or not. Sounded clearly like the target is still in action, at his present club.If we r talking re id and culture would a previous connection to UR not make sense?
Davidson is only 1 yr into a 3 yr deal as forwards coach at Bordeaux, but is also a previous head coach in aurillac.
They have already said JD leaving Bordeaux so no need to hold back on an announcement then
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Dharper wrote:Well Bryn has nowhere to go on this one, he appeared pretty happy to me. UR and IRFU both happy with the appointment/primary target secured.....we’ll see exactly whether BC has played a blinder or not. Sounded clearly like the target is still in action, at his present club.If we r talking re id and culture would a previous connection to UR not make sense?
In fairness, if the signing is dissapointing, what would you have Bryn do, look upset about it??
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Eggs wrote:
In fairness, if the signing is dissapointing, what would you have Bryn do, look upset about it??
Didn't have to say we had secured a primary target, sounds like it was someone in the top 2 or 3 candidates to me. Mind you Slogan spouted the same thing about worldwide searches and FOLK.

Lancaster was brought in as a fixer and consultant at Leinster. Erasmus similar with the late Axel at Munster around the same time. Leo now in a different place and if we brought in JD, with Lancaster as a coaching consultant that would be a great result IMO.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Cockatrice wrote:I am sure he will put bums on seats not that we need them.. even without the put bums on seats signing that was Charles leaving and half the country saying they won't cross the doors again ticket sales are rolling along nicely.. we have short memories in Norn Iron..
Joking aren't you cockers some people can remember the whole way back to 1690.
The problem is we have SELECTIVE memories I think you meant to say.
It allows us to be the twisted little hypocrites we are.
No 1 ranked country in the world for this with our national motto of " Iudex estis hypocrisi"
We're one fecken big glass house with no windys.